Some Axe-FX II Photos from Today's Gig - Share some of yours!!!!

Here's a shot from the debut show celebrating the 35th anniversary of Off Broadway USA. The Ultra is right there up front with me next to my guitar arsenal rack.

I upgraded to the II a month ago (along with an MFC), and now the other guitarist in OBUSA is using my Ultra rig. Off Broadway USA is now officially an all Fractal Audio Axe FX band!

off broadway usa | Facebook

You might like these pants:
poleposition.jpg

http://us.loudmouthgolf.com/index.php/men/pants/pole-position-a.html

I know I would've back in the day:
l.jpg

Last edited:
Laygo, you rock! Just ordered a pair of pants.

They go well with my baby-

Attachments

• My checker Hamer 1.jpg
    My checker Hamer 1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 47
Some great shots here, That roundhouse is awesome Simeon!

Here's a blurry shot from a recent show, running through the RCF that's sitting next to the Axe. Using a softstep to trigger samples in ableton on the macbook

live rig.jpg

brokenvail said:
I believe it is called mylacon (I am sure that is spelled wrong). It is a sturdier form of plexi glass. It is a bit less than a 1/4 inch thick. The reason why it is not see through is actually because it comes with a film on both sides that you peel off well I only peeled off the half where the pedals are and left the underside on. I did use velco which I hate. The board flexes a bit when I lift it off the ground (it will not break though) so I put 5 strips pf velcro vertically instead of horizontally so they move against the flex. The place I got the plexi from said if I want more rigidness to by another piece cut to the same spec and use a nut and bolt on each corner to fuse them together but so far I am leaving it this way. The two handles were $1 ea at Lowes and I drilled a hole and screwed them down. I use a 49 key keyboard case to carry it around. Searched for over a year for a bag that would fit the dims I felt I needed for the MFC + 3 missions pedals and stumbled on these 49 key keyboard bags and the dims on the one I got was perfect! Once I found the bag I spoke to a guy I know who works with wood and I also talked with my local welding shop about have a board cut to my dims. After talking with a buddy of mine who is also a member here I got the bright idea to try the plexi (exclusively for the weight). I found a local place who does the plexi and in 4 hours I had my piece cut. 24hrs later I got what you now see

Get some 3M Dual Lock. 10 times better than Velcro. You'll be happy.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/img3499small.jpg

It's my lovely setup :)
I used to use Splawn Halfstack...unless my Axe II and VHT 2502 arrived.. I keep VHT in seperate 2U SKB rack case I prefer it over 6U which is really hard to cary..
I love this setup..Especially with Cornford 2x12 V30 3/4 open back cab..Sweet sound and feel..Thanks Cliff again..And what a deference after my KPA live experience !!!

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pretty grainy shots.
In one of the shots the AxeFx2 is visible on the tiltback amp stand to my right.

BTW: how do i get my images to appear inserted into the text rather than linked as attached thumbnails?

DONE! Thanks Scott.

APP11_2990.jpg

NYE2011-12SouthportSharks_2fx.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pretty grainy shots.
In one of the shots the AxeFx2 is visible on the tiltback amp stand to my right.

BTW: how do i get my images to appear inserted into the text rather than linked as attached thumbnails?

You don't upload them to the forum to have them appear inline, you just link to them (ie. from Photobucket) with the

^^ what, why, when, how? :)

is that a baseball game? what if one of the flying balls hit your guitar? would the man in the middle have to throw the ball at the man with the bat again? it would break your guitar, i'm sure. i think this is very dangerous for your equipment...no more baseball competitions for you!

With the AFX, isn't the amp/cab redundant? Seems like it'd be much simpler to just do AFX.

Kick ass none the less (just watched the video).

Last edited:
With the AFX, isn't the amp/cab redundant? Seems like it'd be much simpler to just do AFX.

Kick ass none the less (just watched the video).

Thx...
The sound systems at ball parks are quite primitive and not full range- so it would sound really bad...
Even if I could do that- the size of the place and where I am/where speakers are without monitors could cause a really bad delay- and mess up my playing... so really the amp on field was so I could hear myself... and after sound checking (at one stadium a month before I played another stadium a few days before I played- the other stadiums no soundcheck at all) figured the best sound was my sm57 on the cab- through the house PA

I'm not playing very loudly at all- probably a little quieter than normal gig volumes.
The field is surprisingly dead sound wise.

Scott, how do you like the RCF NX 12SMA? I'm looking into getting a wedge but there are so many options out there and FRFR is not something I know a ton about.
I have two RCF NX 12's -they rule. May marshall 4x12 cabs have been covered up for 6months now. And with many new tones coming out with varied amp set ups it covers the gamut with frfr- SRV to George Lynch and Billy Gibbons!

Here's a couple from last year. Not with the band anymore. This was Axe Std going direct to house, with a Carvin speaker and poweramp for stage sound.

dsc00092copy.jpg

dsc00090qk.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom