SOLVED. Effects staying on in scenes?

jhsg

hi everyone..

I have a FX8 with the latest firmware. I am using switches 5 - 8 to control scenes selections which are programmed to change channels on my amp using MIDI. Switches 1-4 are being used to turn on/off individual effects over the top of the amp channels.

My problem is when I am on a scene and I turn effects on they turn off when i switch to another scene but when I come back to the scene where I turned them on it remembers which effects were on and I have to turn them off individually. Is there any way I can program the FX8 to not remember what was turned on?

Thanks!

Are the Scenes saved with the effects on?
No sir, I'm using a Mesa TC-50 which has three channels that I can switch via midi from my fx8. So Ihave 3 scene blocks set up each assigned to swich the channel on my amp. On top of that i have 4 effects i use am want to use them like stomp boxes. Example being when i click scene 1 which turn my amp to channel one i'll engage the delay. Then when i switch to my second scene (channel 2) the delay goes off.

No sir, I'm using a Mesa TC-50 which has three channels that I can switch via midi from my fx8. So Ihave 3 scene blocks set up each assigned to swich the channel on my amp. On top of that i have 4 effects i use am want to use them like stomp boxes. Example being when i click scene 1 which turn my amp to channel one i'll engage the delay. Then when i switch to my second scene (channel 2) the delay goes off.
Scenes are primarily used to turn mutiple blocks on/off with one switch press. So changing to a Scene where the blocks are saved as OFF will result in the effects being turned off.

Again, Block On/Off and X/Y is the primary function of a Scene. You may want to use the MIDI block or figure some other way to change channels, like setting up the 8 Scenes to exactly have the effects you want on/off with the particular channels. So Scenes 1-4 may all be clean Handel 1 with different effects, 5-6 are Ch2 with different effects, then 7-8 are Ch3 with different effects.

Scenes are primarily used to turn mutiple blocks on/off with one switch press. So changing to a Scene where the blocks are saved as OFF will result in the effects being turned off.

Again, Block On/Off and X/Y is the primary function of a Scene. You may want to use the MIDI block or figure some other way to change channels, like setting up the 8 Scenes to exactly have the effects you want on/off with the particular channels. So Scenes 1-4 may all be clean Handel 1 with different effects, 5-6 are Ch2 with different effects, then 7-8 are Ch3 with different effects.

Thanks for clearing this up for me!!

Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom