so with FW 6, what's the next big step!?

Mentioned many times before by others-I would love to see the editor work for the MFC also. I still use my Midimate-but may have to go to the LF+ because I am an old time rocker\retired computer tech who just needs\wants and editor for my Midi controller.

I dont know if itll be possible on the AXE2 hardware but it would be awesome if automatic synthesizer patches were made to sound exactly like other instruments (trumpets, pianos, saxophones, etc.) .....and I mean EXACTLY alike.....without the need of piezo pickups.

maybe for the AXE3?

I dont know if itll be possible on the AXE2 hardware but it would be awesome if automatic synthesizer patches were made to sound exactly like other instruments (trumpets, pianos, saxophones, etc.) .....and I mean EXACTLY alike.....without the need of piezo pickups.

maybe for the AXE3?

I'm not saying it's impossible, but accurately tracking the frequency content of a monophonic signal and translating that into a polyphonic instrument in real-time would be a nightmare to program.

V7 is going to have a "song writer" built right in. That way all you have to do is plug in your instrument and it'll make the gold records for you. V8 will do all the promotion/leg work for you, and V9 will do all your books. Even then, somebody will find something to complain about. "I didn't want to get signed by Atlantic! I wanted Universal Records!"

Cliff please add this for V7. Im sure all the Fractal artists can help with this.

Finger Matching. Where you point the AFX at a YouTube video of your favorite guitarist and magically your finger movements will match theirs. (trademarking the name right now... ;) )

(Haven't read through the whole thread, so sorry if anyone has said something similar to this already.)

Probably not possible, but it would be amazing if the Axe-FX could Tone Match any clip with guitar in it, regardless of any other instruments that are on the track with it, and not just ones with isolated guitars.

I agree that taking some time to address the bugs list and Axe-Edit is a good thing, and will give Cliff and team some "down time". They deserve it!

more realistic cab IR, like here
I am not sure what that offers that the Axe II does not?
There is a thread in the IR section below where I questioned the ability of an IR to accurately reproduce the act of a live mic'd recording. IOW, place a mic in front of a speaker, record some playing along with a direct copy, then capture/process an IR with the same recording chain and mic placement; reamp/convolve the direct recording with the IR, and compare with the "live mic" recording. The results obtained, and audio posted, demonstrated that, while not identical, the two results were incredibly close. I would further assert that "identical" is not possible (currently, or within the next few decades), and, as such, the result obtained was proof enough that IRs, when done properly, are more than adequate substitutes.

Further, what this allows is a repeatable replacement that is more reliable than attempting to recreate mic placement exactly at a later date should such be required.

I will also stress.. "when done correctly."

I tried it, with a Peavey tube preamp as described in the plugin's docs, because other combinations are not recommended.
The most acceptable sound I ever heard from cab/mic simulators of any kind, it is like from a real cab, without boxiness etc. Although, seems as the author optimized it for Peavey 5150, its power section, so it is not a general-purpose cab plugin, but a specialized one. Maybe it sounds this way because it is specialized.

That said, the far-field cabs in the Axe are most close to it. May be it is my laziness to tweak them, and a desire to keep the process simple like connecting a cab to the amp 8)

Back
Top Bottom