so with FW 6, what's the next big step!?

S

Soultrash

haha, yeah it might be a bit early for thoughts about new stuff, still i'd like to know what you guys are thinking could be the next big thing...

i always wondered if the AXE II could have some kind of "audio to MIDI" block,
where you can plug in a regular guitar, add the audio to MIDI block and let the power of the II
calculate the audio signal into MIDI in realtime!

maybe not that useful for everyone but imagine you could just
cntrol a sampler with your guitar and axe without any special hardware, pickups etc.

would be awesome right!? :D

Yeah, but it would only be remotely feasible with single note lines, and I think it's outside the scope of the product. Not trying to be negative, just saying don't get your hopes up for glitch free MIDI on a device like this. Its hard enough with a device like the Axon that is dedicated to that task.

Right now my only real wish for the Axe is that Cliff and team have a little time to relax and play some guitar. They really did great on this release and I hope they enjoy it as much as we do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

Getting out FW 5 only 2 months ago, then getting FW 6 with all those updates in only 2 months of time.. I think he deserves a big vacation :D

I agree, take some down time, and then work on the peripheral stuff. I can't imagine any functionality I want or need anytime soon; a tight, reliable editor is all that I think is missing.

cliff and his team deserve a break of course!

i wasn't also talking about NOW and instant new features,
just sharing/collectioig some ideas to see what MIGHT come in the future, just for fun and so! ;)

I still remember the gist of Cliff's reaction to this indeed as "not the scope of AFX, but maybe someday." [IOW: probably not, esp. as we still have enough to improve elsewhere IMO]

BTW, would it even work quickly enough? It's not fun to implement something that you know won't work totally awesome.

Would I like it? Sure :)

Before thinking about the holidays, Cliff should think to run Axe Edit 1.0.299 that have caused difficulty for many people with different bugs

For now, take a vacation! Then he needs now to develop even more the effects section. Make a budget axe fx, continue to enhance the amp ssection. Then he can think what will be the next axe fx installment in a few years.

Sorry now, dere' will be no takin' no vacations - get anudder' job, ya' lazy 'ting! Udderwise, get busy wit' dat' fx only unit......

Yeah, but it would only be remotely feasible with single note lines, and I think it's outside the scope of the product. Not trying to be negative, just saying don't get your hopes up for glitch free MIDI on a device like this. Its hard enough with a device like the Axon that is dedicated to that task.

Right now my only real wish for the Axe is that Cliff and team have a little time to relax and play some guitar. They really did great on this release and I hope they enjoy it as much as we do.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Forum Runner

Yeah a few months before the next major FW may not be a bad idea. Let it all sink in.

You've exhausted all of the possibilities with ver 6 already? :lol

Next step for me is getting the best tones and music out of the best modelling I've ever heard, easily.

seriously... I suspect that there's plenty more to come....

open up more controllers.. modifier enhancements... tonal smoothing... additions to FX capabilities and FX 'types' [stuff like wah types]... cab delay enhancements... cab EQ....

and I bet they think of more stuff too...

the Axe is just gonna get better and better...

Can we not just enjoy 6.0 and all its awesomness? I can't imagine it could get any better, but I am sure the fas team will prove me wrong again soon enough.

Can we not just enjoy 6.0 and all its awesomness? I can't imagine it could get any better, but I am sure the fas team will prove me wrong again soon enough.

This^^^.

This is an amazing product. Period.
Fractal staff needs to take a well deserved shift into routine maintenance and bugfix mode.

True tune , you don't even have to know how to play guitar and it will sound awesome

Honestly? Just work on whatever bug fixes may crop up from this release. Every release up to date I've been able to find something that I didn't really think was amazing, but for the most part the good always outweighed the bad and you could work around whatever wasn't right and still have great results. Right now I honestly can't find anything that can be improved. Seriously. Hell, since v5.07 I thought that the weakest links had been fixed pretty good, but the way the amp models have been reworked is just flat out sick.

And I did some tone matching today. I over thought it the first few times, but damn if it isn't the simplest thing in the world to do. I mean as long as I'm in the ballpark with the gain and have the right amp (which they are really a lot faster to dial in now) the TMA block is just ridiculously powerful.

Before thinking about the holidays, Cliff should think to run Axe Edit 1.0.299 that have caused difficulty for many people with different bugs
They're working on it. I have a feeling that it was actually part of the hold up for the release initially; I mean the code for the firmware is written by Cliff, but I think that the editor is written by someone else. That means that its a matter of one guy figuring out what the other guy did and then figure out how to make it work for their part of the process.

It doesn't keep the unit from being usable which is first priority IMHO. AxeEdit has always been a nicety.

Back
Top Bottom