so with FW 6, what's the next big step!?

I would hope for more extended features regarding the modifiers, like the sequencer for example. It would be nice if it could be used as a kind of lookup table for certain parameters in some situations. Also if it could held different time divisions, in selected steps, during its whole run time. As of now, all steps are equal in lenght/time for any given tempo.

But for me when trying to get an cool self-running pitch/harmonizer voice, I almost everytime end up thinking: -maan, it would be so nice if the sequencer (pitch voice) could hold THAT note a bit longer, while I play this thing.

I can also see some big potential in it, if it was possible to divide up in different smaller sequences. Where one could skip/jump to different ones via CC#. Like for having one 8 step, press an CC#, get to an 4 step, press an CC#, get to next 4 step... etc. That in combination with different time divisions in selected steps would open up a massive potential IMHO.

/Mike

Last edited:
The next big step could be modelling all the really unpleasant artifacts of a tube amp; motorboating power supplies; shot noise, arc-ing sockets, hiss, filament hum, micro-phonics, random crackly noises, etc. That should finally satisfy the purists 8)

I prefer motorboating in the traditional sense. If v7 could simulate THAT, I'd be interested.

I agree a vacation is in order. Other than a few minor bug fixes I am gonna be busy for a long time. I have never been a big Plexi fan but man this thing sounds damn fine in this release. It is getting a lot of abuse from me.

I am still not sure I'll end up buying an FXII, but I'm getting interested ;). But, If I do, I'd like to see the following:
1. Option to change tube types in the emulated amps for different sound and feel
2. GUI displaying the actual amp/pedal look and feel for a more realistic experience
3. Built in drum machine - would work really great for practice and even laying down tracks

Drum machine?! Although it will sound good through FRFR.

In this case - I would like a display as the one in iPads at least! :mrgreen in Axe III)

I would hope for more extended features regarding the modifiers, like the sequencer for example. It would be nice if it could be used as a kind of lookup table for certain parameters in some situations. Also if it could held different time divisions, in selected steps, during its whole run time. As of now, all steps are equal in lenght/time for any given tempo.

But for me when trying to get an cool self-running pitch/harmonizer voice, I almost everytime end up thinking: -maan, it would be so nice if the sequencer (pitch voice) could hold THAT note a bit longer, while I play this thing.

I can also see some big potential in it, if it was possible to divide up in different smaller sequences. Where one could skip/jump to different ones via CC#. Like for having one 8 step, press an CC#, get to an 4 step, press an CC#, get to next 4 step... etc. That in combination with different time divisions in selected steps would open up a massive potential IMHO.

/Mike

If you want the step held out longer just give it the same value for the proceeding steps until the desired subdivision is achieved.

2 or more sequencers would be great!

Drum machine?! Although it will sound good through FRFR.

In this case - I would like a display as the one in iPads at least! :mrgreen in Axe III)
I am serious about the drum machine part - it can help so much for practice sessions.
The display can be even better than that on amplitube and Pod HD GUIs if they give at least a remote idea (3d would be nice)-
the knobs on the amps as on the real ones like Power knob on AFD100, JVM knobs etc, like no gain knob on plexis, deep switch on VM etc.....and YES, one more thing:
4. When modelling amps, the next FW should model complete amps, not just a particular channel. For e.g. Model the JVM, model the full amp with 4 channels, 3 modes in each, reverb built in, presence, resonance knobs everything:geek
5. Options to add mods on the modeled amps - like adding a choke of a certain Henry :geekinto the JVM, -ve feedback mod, higher/lower bias settings, transformer changes like replace with mercury magnetics, and it will he hard to ask for more after this :mrgreen

If you guys ever used adrenalinn3, the drum beat is awesome, for practicing, making good riff, without actually needed the real drummer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom