so with FW 6, what's the next big step!?

I am just getting into V6 since updating to it yesterday, so V7 isn't something I'm thinking about right now. Like others have posted I think it's time for Team Fractal to breath a bit, recharge, and dial in some features a bit and squash bugs in AxeEdit.

My wish list for V7? Bass amps and cabs, although I'm thinking of ways I can Tone Match some of my favorite bass rigs out there already, including some iso tracks from recordings I've made in various places in the past. I'll see how that works out with my work schedule.

Shasha, I couldn't agree more with you. V6 is such a major step (an we got it free) that in some other companies (like straight 7) it would be a whole new product, for which you would end up having to cough up quite a bit. Definitely FAS has put their energy in the right place making sweet tones and distortions. This box should now be called the DISTORTION/CRUNCH MACHINE (I own a H&K CRUNCH MACHINE), since it can produce so many like no other can AFAIK. I personally think that FAS did bring a "LET'S MAKE THE BEST POSSIBLE PRODUCT" attitude that is very respectful with us the users. There's quite a few big compagnies that don't have this attitude, it's more LET's WORK OUT THE SMALLEST IMPROVEMENT THAT WILL BRING US THE MOST CASH (from these morons).

When it comes to the next step. Well a modeling guitar that is up to the same level as what is currently done with the amp/effect in the AXE 2 would likely be pretty attractive.

Next???? I guess I am the only one that has zillions of things left to do with the Axe II-Been here 3+ years. Not a noob and I used them all ( Standard, then Ultra and now of course the II) everyday in my studio.
BTW, I am NOT knocking anyone at all, just sayin I guess I am kind of outside the "gotta have new features" immediately crowd. It's refreshing to know that So Many folks have completely mastered every aspect of the II. Cool?

After Cliff gets back from Hawaii, he could just keep fine-tuning the Amp and TM'ing (if needed!) and go bug hunting. I can't really see the need for this unit going in another advance direction?.... Keep refining the amps and effects!!

Of coarse adding the Diezel Herbert is next.... ;) (yes, I went there!)

But if he can make this box open the "Fountain of Youth" and "Bring peace to world". Well then, I'm sure he's the Man that can do it!!

Yep, I think this has come to a point where it will take lot of energy to make this thing better. Taking a break would be awesome for the whole FA team but you know what? Being in this business and keeping quiet it very difficult. The competitors (if any) might just get better if you are not working. ;)

I think they need some BEERS!!! But really, from what I have read, they are already on top of what little I can think of, like refining totalsync and working on axechange.

I could not be happier with V6. It is so incredible. (Thank you thank you thank you thank you)X1,000,000!!!

You guys have addressed the wants that I had wanted and then taken the thing to a level I had never even thought of... Incredible!!! I am not being a fanboy. I truly feel this is the best piece of gear I have ever bought! By the way, did I say thank you? Yes! Take a vacation! Just not too long ;)

I like to think of Cliff as an Agent in The Matrix.....he requires no "breather" right?

Mr Anderson.......the smell of your flesh is revolting......

V7 is going to have a "song writer" built right in. That way all you have to do is plug in your instrument and it'll make the gold records for you. V8 will do all the promotion/leg work for you, and V9 will do all your books. Even then, somebody will find something to complain about. "I didn't want to get signed by Atlantic! I wanted Universal Records!"

V7 is going to have a "song writer" built right in. That way all you have to do is plug in your instrument and it'll make the gold records for you. V8 will do all the promotion/leg work for you, and V9 will do all your books. Even then, somebody will find something to complain about. "I didn't want to get signed by Atlantic! I wanted Universal Records!"
Version 10 will be able to read your mind and thoughts about your dream woman and actually be able to create a living breathing dream woman,who of course can play some awesome guitar.

Next step after pushing the software over the edge will be a next step in hardware: The Extension for the MFC-101 and a FX only Unit (pull out the dedicaed processors only for AMP Blocks) with more IN/OUT routings as Answer to Eventide H8000 ;-)

Cliff is one of those rare people who are exceptionally smart. He's able to do things at 2x–3x the speed (or more) without sacrificing any quality. I think he deserves some kind of vacation as well, if he wants one.

I'm not kissing ass. I actually rarely ever give compliments like this. I'm sure his ass tastes nice, though.

Back
Top Bottom