So what new gear did you get for Christmas?

Downloaded Logic Pro yesterday. Have an M-Audio EX-P on the way. It'l be the third expression pedal, exclusively for use as master volume.
On the fourth day of Christmas, Sweetwater sent to me:

A Behringer ECM8000 for doing IR captures with less coloration.

Last edited:
I got no gear.... But on the other hand.... I GOT BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES (1990's version, not the silly happy freak Adam west Batman :lol) SEASONS 1-3 AND HAVE BEEN IN A BATMAN BINGE SINCE. Sorry for the capslock but it makes me pretty happy considering I'm about to be penniless for being a nice guy :razz

I bought a trip to Amsterdam for me and my girlfriend but I was feeling incomplete so I am having a lefty schecter Jeff loomis coming in a few days :mrgreen

Last edited:
No gear here. All I want for christmas is a text from my singer that he's done cutting his tracks for the album! I did get a call the other day for a sweet gig though. We're opening for 12 Stones on Jan 16th!

It's going to be a late Christmas present, but I getting a custom made guitar. The builder is a local, Pura Guitars. There's a nice gallery of his guitars on his website if anyone's interested. He lives only a few blocks frome me so I've been making several trips to see it under construction. It's a LP style, with some mods such as a smaller neck profile (had him duplicate my Tom Anderson Cobra), a belly cut and chambered body. I got to select the wood for the flamed maple top and the finish, which was cool. Pickups are by Wolftone, Dr. Vintage in the neck and Marshalhead MKII in the bridge. Birdge and tailpiece are Graph Tec Resomax.

He's going to start finishing next week so I'm hoping it will be ready in the next couple of weeks. Can't wait! Couple this with the fact that I could be ordering my Axe II in a month or so (on the waiting list in Sept) and 2012 is going to be a great year.

Bought myself the Axe 2... well, was on the waiting list since end of summer... and it came a few days after Christmas. Merry, merry. This is a giant leap from the GT-8! I fought with that thing for years. It won. I don't even know what to say... How about... Uber + stereo cabs + bit of reverb... THAT'S IT! The old GT would never let me have it this easy...

...and it hasn't even been a week.

I'm a little late to the party, but this is what I treated myself to a week or so before Christmas:

View attachment 8462

It's a LP Studio Faded, and obviously not the prettiest LP out there, but it plays really nice, and has good hardware in it, including BurstBucker Pro pickups. And I really dig the black fretboard, which isn't ebony, but obeche, whatever the hell that is. Almost looks and feels as nice as ebony. I love ebony fretboards. :mrgreen

I also have a Worn Brown version of one of these, that is all mahogany, including the top, whereas this one has a maple top. It's ugly as hell, but plays nice too. :)

Oh, and not really a Christmas present, but I also just ordered a new Mesa Recto 4x12 cab yesterday. :ugeek

Have to share what I got in my shoes Dis year ....

A '56 Custom shop Strat, Heavy Relic, 2-Tone Sunburst, 5-way-selector built in,1 Piece Maple neck,“Boat Neck” “V” Shape, (Tinted Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish), Fingerboard: Maple, 9.5”.
Pulps are Fat strat '50 custom shop mics... on these 3,5 kg beauty ...

Yes , I know, It's a BIG present !!!
2.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
So ... THX x1000 000 Santa Claus :lol

My wife surprised me with a new Taylor 314ce. I've wanted a nice acoustic for the longest time. So far I am really impressed with its sound and how easy it is to play.

uh, well I buy my own Chanukah gifts, lets see a mini remote helicopter, 4 kiss bobble heads, eureka eprom chip, um getting iphone 4s few days, 4m ago got the ibanez liquid molten premium, and battlefield 3 and oblivion.

Back
Top Bottom