Singtall Superpack of presets are ready!

Peace of Mind Live patch is very nice. Great work! These are working on my Mark II without doing any conversion (just doing the normal import function).

...Everyone are like oversaturated and very high volume.....Also, almost all of the higher gain presets have their gain set to 10, is that how you set them up?

...i'm using very high output tonezone pickups. bareknuckles high tons more highs...

ztevie, there certainly seems to be an issue here as you suspect. Hard to imagine all preset gains at max especially considering the creator is using hot PUs as described, it should be rather the opposite. I don't have the pack yet, but just now loaded sampler pack into an XL+ to see if I could help. All of them are fine except the PerPlexed patch which has just about every Basic amp parameter dimed (Treble Drive, Normal Drive, Bass, Mid, Treb, Bright, Presence, etc.). When you import "almost all of the higher gain presets", what parameter are you finding in them pegged? Just trying to help narrow down the issue. Giving the parameters will let Singtall verify. Regards.

Singtall, btw, noticed the GSP1101 on site. I still have a 2112 with a 2120 eprom in an old rack around here (along with other hayday gear). Dig it.

Last edited:
All of them are fine except the PerPlexed patch which has just about every Basic amp parameter dimed (Treble Drive, Normal Drive, Bass, Mid, Treb, Bright, Presence, etc.).
Which is a popular way to run a real plexi. :)

Hard to imagine all preset gains at max especially considering the creator is using hot PUs as described, it should be rather the opposite...When you import "almost all of the higher gain presets", what parameter are you finding in them pegged?
I think you're on the right track...

ztevie, there certainly seems to be an issue here as you suspect. Hard to imagine all preset gains at max especially considering the creator is using hot PUs as described, it should be rather the opposite. I don't have the pack yet, but just now loaded sampler pack into an XL+ to see if I could help. All of them are fine except the PerPlexed patch which has just about every Basic amp parameter dimed (Treble Drive, Normal Drive, Bass, Mid, Treb, Bright, Presence, etc.). When you import "almost all of the higher gain presets", what parameter are you finding in them pegged? Just trying to help narrow down the issue. Giving the parameters will let Singtall verify. Regards.

Singtall, btw, noticed the GSP1101 on site. I still have a 2112 with a 2120 eprom in an old rack around here (along with other hayday gear). Dig it.
Thanks a lot!
Yes, I'll check them later, and come back with more detail.
I was surprised that so many had their gain maxed, I don't think that's how Singtall set them up?
Of course I've lowered gain and volume and it gets better, but still there's something not right.
I also think the presets would be the opposite when the creator uses a really high output pup....

I looked thru them now and far from all have their drives set to max, but many do. I have problems with the artist presets in particular, so I'm starting to think they sounded like this on the album?
Here are those with maxed out drive knobs:
Bark at the moon: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10
Blizzard of oz: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10 (also extremely LOUD. clipping the meters)
Dokken 86 Lead: Input Drive 10
Extreme: Input Drive 10
Jeff Beck Stratus & Wired: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10
Led Zep london: Treble Drive 10
Lynch Mob Wicked: Very LOUD clipping meters
Lukather Transition: Input Drive 10
Stryper: Input Drive 10
Ultimate Sin: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10

Maybe singtall or someone else can confirm these settings on their machine? Also check Blizzard of Oz and Lynch Mob if they are louder than everyone else. Just to confirm I'm not having problems on my end with conversion etc...

I looked thru them now and far from all have their drives set to max, but many do. I have problems with the artist presets in particular, so I'm starting to think they sounded like this on the album?
Here are those with maxed out drive knobs:
Bark at the moon: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10
Blizzard of oz: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10 (also extremely LOUD. clipping the meters)
Dokken 86 Lead: Input Drive 10
Extreme: Input Drive 10
Jeff Beck Stratus & Wired: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10
Led Zep london: Treble Drive 10
Lynch Mob Wicked: Very LOUD clipping meters
Lukather Transition: Input Drive 10
Stryper: Input Drive 10
Ultimate Sin: Treble Drive + Normal Drive 10

Maybe singtall or someone else can confirm these settings on their machine? Also check Blizzard of Oz and Lynch Mob if they are louder than everyone else. Just to confirm I'm not having problems on my end with conversion etc...

Hi ztevie I have a MK II so I did not converd any presets and the settings you are stating are all correct. The same with on my MK II and on my end they all sound great. I have a Les Paul with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups which are suposed to be hot. I've posted in this Thread 2 Sound clips where youcan check - for me they sound good.

It's Post #100 vid Transition preset: without Drive Block and with Drive Block as in the preset
and post #155 recorded with Reaper on my pc

Hi ztevie I have a MK II so I did not converd any presets and the settings you are stating are all correct. The same with on my MK II and on my end they all sound great. I have a Les Paul with Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups which are suposed to be hot. I've posted in this Thread 2 Sound clips where youcan check - for me they sound good.

It's Post #100 vid Transition preset: without Drive Block and with Drive Block as in the preset
and post #155 recorded with Reaper on my pc
Thanks! Are the blizzard and lynch mob presets much louder than the other presets in your machine?

I can't remember but some presets where more loud than others and I just turnt the level in the amp block down, as this has no influnce of the tone in these presets so fare.

Last edited:
I can't remember but some presets where more loud than others and I just turnt the level in the amp block down, as this has no influnce of the tone in these presets so fare.
Yes, volume is easy to deal with.
I will record something and put it up here, to get an opinion. Maybe it's me who is oversensitive for something...

there are quite a few presets with pegged preamp. depends on the artist in question. if i'm using a lower gain amplifier model like the plexi then i would have to crank it for most metal music. i noticed that a couple presets are now clipping the outputs. weird. i'm gonna have to go through all of them and lower the levels.

one thing to remember is that the amp controls can be ignored if the tone is right. use the presets as a starting point. there will always be adjustments needed to accommodate each guitar and speaker, but the presets should give you a good starting point to get there.

FYI, "Singtall JS410 Lead" and "JS410 Lead" are 100% parameter identical so no need for both. "Singtall Epic Lead" is a slight variation of the previously mentioned with a few minor amp block tweaks, a low cut added to the cab block, and a PEQ block cutting 9dB at 110Hz. Thought this might help clarify those particular presets as the others in the Amps folder are self-explanatory. Rock on.

How about Tool...NIN? D. Trucks from the Allman Brothers Band live albums (e.g. The Fox Box)...and more Jeff Beck...

there are quite a few presets with pegged preamp. depends on the artist in question. if i'm using a lower gain amplifier model like the plexi then i would have to crank it for most metal music. i noticed that a couple presets are now clipping the outputs. weird. i'm gonna have to go through all of them and lower the levels.
Excellent! If you continue to sell your presets it would be good if you refrain from statements like "it should give you a good starting point." Most who purchase presets are, frankly, expecting them to be "spot on" or at the very least, "damn near close." This is why some of the Maestros have taken to only doing individual presets for the purchaser based on their rig...IMHO (insert the smile)...

Funny you should say that, because I've been talking with some of the maestros and I agree. I'm looking at the way I'm doing business right now and I think some things will have to change.

Excellent! If you continue to sell your presets it would be good if you refrain from statements like "it should give you a good starting point." Most who purchase presets are, frankly, expecting them to be "spot on" or at the very least, "damn near close." This is why some of the Maestros have taken to only doing individual presets for the purchaser based on their rig...IMHO (insert the smile)...
I disagree... I think it is far more honest to post the real expectation for the potential buyers.

Back
Top Bottom