Singtall Superpack of presets are ready!

i just updated the superpack to include a Blues Saraceno Plaid(ish) sounding preset. the dude has all kinda different tones on that cd. my plan going into a preset is to try to get all of the tones in one preset using scenes if possible. that's what i did here. scene one is his clean/slightly dirty tone. scene 2 adds a boost. scene 3 adds a fuzz and delay. i didn't spend a ton of time on this one. in other words it's not a complete tonematch. it would take a few tonematches to get all of the tones from the cd. instead, i tried to make a preset that i could use in a club if i was doing some songs off that cd.

i just updated the superpack to include a Blues Saraceno Plaid(ish) sounding preset. the dude has all kinda different tones on that cd. my plan going into a preset is to try to get all of the tones in one preset using scenes if possible. that's what i did here. scene one is his clean/slightly dirty tone. scene 2 adds a boost. scene 3 adds a fuzz and delay. i didn't spend a ton of time on this one. in other words it's not a complete tonematch. it would take a few tonematches to get all of the tones from the cd. instead, i tried to make a preset that i could use in a club if i was doing some songs off that cd.

Oh hell yeah! I was going to ask for clean and dirty but I didn't want to seem greedy! I know what I'm doing tonight... You're the best!!!

I was in the middle of a preset that sounded pretty close, so i added the delay to it and added it to the superpack. look for "Jeff Loomis Devil Delay" preset in the artist preset folder.

Hahaha talk about quick turnaround. Awesome, cant wait to check out when i get home from work.

there are quite a few presets with pegged preamp. depends on the artist in question. if i'm using a lower gain amplifier model like the plexi then i would have to crank it for most metal music. i noticed that a couple presets are now clipping the outputs. weird. i'm gonna have to go through all of them and lower the levels.

Just wanted to pick your brain on how you build tones\presets... I noticed a number of presets have the gain\treble\bass\mids all pegged... Also, I remember this from the Atomic Amplifire presets you did a while back. Just wondering where you add or subtract the EQ in the chain? Normally this would sounds like mud, but all your presets sound really good.

Really liking these presets Singtall, thanks! What guitar/pickup did you build them with?

Just wanted to pick your brain on how you build tones\presets... I noticed a number of presets have the gain\treble\bass\mids all pegged... Also, I remember this from the Atomic Amplifire presets you did a while back. Just wondering where you add or subtract the EQ in the chain? Normally this would sounds like mud, but all your presets sound really good.

i use that pegged out eq setting on amps that feature power amp distortion (in a good way) like the plexi for example. EVH was the guy that made those settings popular way back when. everything pegged gives you a lot of distortion and compression. i just take that tone and shape it a little.

i'm using a Kiesel DC600 with dimarzio tonezone and liquifire pickups nowadays. it's very balanced, but hot! this guitar went through 5 sets of pickups before i settled on the dimarzios. the guitar was just really too bright sounding with any other pickup set.

i was reworking the King's X preset just a few minutes ago and i need some thoughts from someone that has a strat/single coil guitar. the tone changed from when i first made the preset to now, so i tried some other amps and settings to see if i could get closer to the cd tone from "Gretchen goes to Nebraska". sounding good on my fender american strat. i'm using tonematch, but only after using a cabinet and eq first. i just couldn't get tonematch to sound right by itself (i'm sure it's some fault of mine).

Attachments

• King's X Gretchen II.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 39
How about an Yngwie lead sound for humbucker pickups? Any era you like would be great basically.

Also, this is another request I made a while back but haven't managed to quite replicate so far:
Hi, I have a request for the tone gurus around here. Can you replicate or approximate the tone of the song that is playing in the beginning of this video (it has isolated guitar sound for a while as well)?

Apparently he is using H&K Tubemeister which Axe-Fx doesn't have and some sort of overdrive and compressor in front of it and tasty reverb.

sorry guys, i've been working late every night and haven't gotten much done lately. i think that things are settling down here and i'll get to work on the huge backlogs of preset requests. they WILL get done!

in case you have any problems with the last King's X II preset i posted, i uploaded the IR also. i have it loaded into user preset 004, but load it where ever you want it, just make sure you select that cabinet for the last cabinet in the chain.

yes, it's a weird setup. that's what it takes to get the tone. i have two cabs for a reason. the second one was a tonematch that i needed to happen at that point in the chain after the chorus. i was getting some weird artifacts until i tried it that way. also, i had to use a compressor and totally different amp than usual. go along for the ride. i used a strat, so any type of strat should work. it sounds pretty good with a coil split humbucker too. someone post a clip when you get a chance.

Attachments

• King's X Gretchen II.syx
    17 KB · Views: 19
  • U004_King's X II.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom