Simulating Guitar Feedback

coder2k

Hey guys!

I used the forum search but didn't find anything on this topic. So how do you simulate guitar feedback with the AxeII (using through studio monitors)? I know there's a VST plugin that can handle this...but of course you can't run a VST inside the Axe. I run a little recording studio and I know some heavy metal guys love to play their solos using heavy guitar feedback. Now I wonder if and how this can be achieved with the Axe.
(although I don't have my Axe yet....but won't take so long I hope ;) )

Thanks!

I have wondered if that was do-able.
Very excited to hear that it is...can't wait to dial it in tonight.

Thanks!

Yes but you can install an instance of axedit just ofr ultra and another for the II, then open the patch in the ultra instance and copy parameters to your II preset

Yes but you can install an instance of axedit just ofr ultra and another for the II, then open the patch in the ultra instance and copy parameters to your II preset

Yes, you can also use one instance and disable the MIDI in/outs on the Ultra.

Also, since these are new users, there is more to it than just that.

Easiest way I have found, like you, is to set up the 2 instances.

If you already have Axe-edit installed.

1. Install a second instance to a new location
2. Set up the workspace in a different location than the original instance.
3. settings-midi settings on the ultra instance one should be set to none
4. settings-configs should be set the ultra instance
5. click recall - import from preset file to load the file
6. manually recreate the preset on the Axe-fx II instance of Axe-edit

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I know there's a VST plugin that can handle this...but of course you can't run a VST inside the Axe.

Did you say "CAN'T"....?
Wait a minute here. The AXE-FX II has near limitless routing options. One of which is the ability to place an effect loop anywhere in the chain. There is no reason why the effect loop cannot route in and out of a VST. Think out side of the box (no pun intended) as the routing options are near infinite with the AXE-II. This routing can include most anything if you have the creative mind and desire the read the manual and WIKI as well as invent new ways on your own, before stating facts which are flat out wrong.

However, that is obviously not the best way to obtain your desired result, your statement that "but of course you can't run a VST inside the Axe" is wrong. CAN"T is not a good way to think when exploring new ideas.

Last edited:
Hey guys!

I used the forum search but didn't find anything on this topic. So how do you simulate guitar feedback with the AxeII (using through studio monitors)? I know there's a VST plugin that can handle this...but of course you can't run a VST inside the Axe. I run a little recording studio and I know some heavy metal guys love to play their solos using heavy guitar feedback. Now I wonder if and how this can be achieved with the Axe.

Thanks!
Here.

Attachments

• feedback_AxeII.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 88
Hey guys!

Thanks!
Hold the guitar up to the speakers ??

It's a "VST" guitar that is played on a shoulder slung MIDI keyboard.... No matter how hard you try, the keys just won't feedback... HeHe

It's a "VST" guitar that is played on a shoulder slung MIDI keyboard.... No matter how hard you try, the keys just won't feedback... HeHe
funny how little info [gems] like this tends to get left out of the OP :)

Wow! I'm totally stunned by the flood of answers! :shock
Thanks a thousand times!

Did you say "CAN'T"....?
Wait a minute here. The AXE-FX II has near limitless routing options. One of which is the ability to place an effect loop anywhere in the chain. There is no reason why the effect loop cannot route in and out of a VST.
Yes, I know that. But like Lukator said: Then it's not being calculated within the unit. I want to avoid additional latency and multiple AD/DA conversions.

@Funeral: Thank you! Downloaded it and loaded it into Axe Edit. Guess I understand how you do it. As soon as the unit is here I'm gonna test it.

s0c9 said:
Hold the guitar up to the speakers ??
Yeah...but could be a little too loud ;)

What a great forum! :)

instead of using the envelope controler you can use an ASDR controler with attack sustain and delay set to 1ms level set to 100% and release is the time your tone needs to change from dry to completly feedbacking. this way you dont have to fiddle with the envelope controler settings and stuff

to bad the pitch methods doesnt work perfectly with chords but nevermind. on single tone solos its just great !

Back
Top Bottom