Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Thanks for posting why360! Sorry for the noob question, but I just got my MFC on Friday. These switches specifically state that they are momentary. The MFC still allows you to configure them as latching, correct?

That is correct. I have not run into a situation that I couldn't configure the momentary switches to work.

That is correct. I have not run into a situation that I couldn't configure the momentary switches to work.

Cool, thanks. One more question. Does anyone know what type of potentiometer is used for an expression pedal compatible with the MFC? I would like to build a switch box that also includes one or two sliders for expression settings, kind of like this product:

Mission TT-Pro dual switch with mini expression control - missionengineering.com

but with a slider instead of the knob. If I can find out what type of potentiometer is used, I can find a slider equivalent to that.

That's the setup I'm planning to build, evolvE. Which pedalboard are you using there? And how's the weight?

That is a homemade pedalboard and its heavy, haha. I'm not exactly sure on the weight, but if I had to guess I'd say 50-60lbs.

Got my parts in from Pedal Parts Plus (quick and cheap). Built the pedal in an hour or less. As I mentioned in a previous post I liked the way Yek's pedal was built but put my own spin on it. In the end I didn't care for the enclosure that I bought. It's tapered towards the top and the over all height is to tall. I'm ordering two lower profile enclosures to take its place.

Got my Trailer Trash hard top in along with my Mission SP 1 pedals (bare metal finish). I have to say that I was majorly impressed with the Trailer Trash board. Extremely light weight and solid. I ordered it in black but decided to give it the brushed metal look so I started sanding. Damn powder coating. That stuff is tough.

Reassembled the TT board after sanding, mounted everything and wired. I almost disassembled my MFC to sand it as well but decided that was more work than I wanted to do today. I couldn't find longer screws to mount the MFC so I recessed the board and used big washers for added support. I was hoping I could still use the feet but no go.

I'm stoked with the new setup!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369609086.121324.jpg

The board is one I purchased a while back from Keeley for my G-System. Note: The white SP1 is being swapped for a black one.

Seems like most people are putting their EXP pedals on the right side. I'm curious how many are right handed players ?

I'm right handed, however, I always prefer to use my left foot, to kick a ball, use a wah pedal etc, so I'm planning on putting my EXP's on the left side.

More than that though, I just find that when I'm standing and playing, with a guitar slung low so that its against my right thigh, I feel it rather gets in the way of using my right leg a bit.

Anyone have any thoughts on this ?

I first was putting the EXP's on the right, as that is what I've always seen done, but somehow the left side just feels far more natural

Never gave it any thought. More of a natural thing for me. I'm comfortable pedal tapping with either foot, but my right foot is definitely the dominant. Since I had some spare room on my board I opt'd to angle the exp pedals as well. They always end up fanned out like that when they're not anchored anyway. Pretty comfy.

I have them on both sides of the MFC. Like the way it looks, and separates the pedals for easy & quick recognition on stage. I also use different colored pedals (red, black & white Missions, constantly changing grip tape on the EBJR), again like the look and helps with knowing which is what. :)

No matter what side they're on, still use my right foot. Always have.

Seems like most people are putting their EXP pedals on the right side. I'm curious how many are right handed players ?

I'm right handed, however, I always prefer to use my left foot, to kick a ball, use a wah pedal etc, so I'm planning on putting my EXP's on the left side.

More than that though, I just find that when I'm standing and playing, with a guitar slung low so that its against my right thigh, I feel it rather gets in the way of using my right leg a bit.

I first was putting the EXP's on the right, as that is what I've always seen done, but somehow the left side just feels far more natural

I'm left handed, but I've always used my right foot to control effects. I think I balance better on my left foot, so I keep that one planted on the ground.

I've always kept my wah/vol/exp pedals on the left as well... I don't remember ever thinking about it, it just always seemed right to me. I've certainly noticed that I have them set up opposite to the more common way. I've also noticed that most of the floor boards with built-in expression pedals have the expression pedals on the right and know that would drive me nuts! I did have an ART ultrafoot in the early 90's and it had the pedals on the left, maybe I just got used to that?

wah on the right, volume on the left
I'm a right hand player.
It might sound funny but the reason for single expression on each side is due to the fact I have to have balance everywhere, 2 expression on same side disturb me.

:encouragement:

wah on the right, volume on the left I'm a right hand player. It might sound funny but the reason for single expression on each side is due to the fact I have to have balance everywhere, 2 expression on same side disturb me.

So does it bother you that with your nice looking MFC extension that there are now an odd number of buttons going from left to right? :)

Problem I have it that while I could use an EXP on the right side, I'd do it with my left foot, which would mean I'm standing about a foot right of the board, and then to hit, say, footswitch one, I'd be have to either side step or make an awkward reach over to it with my left foot. I tend to stand with weight/balance on my right left, center right in the middle of the board, so then I can use my left foot to select patches, work the EXP on the left etc.

I tried the one on each side method and that just doesn't work as it requires me to either cross my left leg over to get to the right one, or side step over.

For those of you who do like one EXP on each side (yes I think it looks best too) do you use each with the same foot ?

If most of you are right footed, what do you do when your using the EXP on the left side of your MFC ?

Back
Top Bottom