Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Decided to re-do my labels as I really wanted to add some looper labels & experiment with trying to make them glow-in-the-dark. First tried painting a staples magnetic sheet with rust-o-leum type glow paint I had from the local hardware store. When I printed on it however it came off looking like melted crayons...some look really cool that way however. Then came up with a plan to mix in some of the paint in the blank ink cartridge of a crappy printer I had laying around using some instructions I saw on ehow.....perfection! Labels look amazing and the black letters glow in the dark & are easily visible. I ran the magnetic paper through twice..once for the image with regular blank ink, second time for the text with the glow in the dark black ink cartridge.

If anyone wants the old labels let me know.

Attachments

• Main.jpg
    Main.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 311
  • melted.jpg
    melted.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 361
  • setup.jpg
    setup.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Decided to re-do my labels as I really wanted to add some looper labels & experiment with trying to make them glow-in-the-dark. First tried painting a staples magnetic sheet with rust-o-leum type glow paint I had from the local hardware store. When I printed on it however it came off looking like melted crayons...some look really cool that way however. Then came up with a plan to mix in some of the paint in the blank ink cartridge of a crappy printer I had laying around using some instructions I saw on ehow.....perfection! Labels look amazing and the black letters glow in the dark & are easily visible. I ran the magnetic paper through twice..once for the image with regular blank ink, second time for the text with the glow in the dark black ink cartridge.

If anyone wants the old labels let me know.

Hey, what kind of external two button switch is it that you use for x/y in your setup?

Happy new year!

My board is nearly where I want it. The main thing I've got left is an ethercon breakout box but that will go underneath if space allows.
  • The footswitch in the upper left adjusts patch volume.
  • The M-Audio EX-P below it is my master volume. One reason I selected the EX-P is because it has a minimum volume adjustment because I only use this to tweak volume, not totally mute the system.
  • The Mission pedal closest to the MFC is spring loaded. I use it for auto-engage FX like wah and whammy.
  • The other Mission pedal was my master volume prior to acquiring the M-Audio yesterday. I'll probably end up using it for FX where I don't want it to go to 0 when I step off.
  • The board is a Pedaltrain Pro. I got the one with the soft case.
MFC Board.jpg

I think that's the same one Scott has. That's a really nice looking pedal board. Going to look into buying this one

Scott currently uses one of the smaller Pedaltrain models with an extension for his expression pedals. He carries it around in a PT pro bag, though. :)

Funny thing about the PT stuff is that it's way lighter than most wood boards. My board is huge by my standards but not too heavy. Definitely not featherweight but not really a problem to schlep around. Unzip the bag, plug in the ethernet (soon to be ethercon) cable and it's done. The front access panel I've got set up for the rack will make setup that much easier.

A few photos of my setup

Nice setup is that a pedaltrain pro? I wish I saw your sp-1 on ebay before I ordered mine from mission I would of bought that from you being in the UK. Never mind, how come you decided to sell it just out of interest?

Thanks

Paul

Nice setup is that a pedaltrain pro? I wish I saw your sp-1 on ebay before I ordered mine from mission I would of bought that from you being in the UK. Never mind, how come you decided to sell it just out of interest?

Thanks

Paul

Cheers! it is a pro yeah, i just found i only need 2 pedals, wah and whammy, ep-1 sprung is great for wah and ep-1 normal for the whammy. No need for the switch. I cant seem to shift the sp-1 though, not to sure if many people in the uk know about them.

That is pretty much the same setup I have except I have to squeeze a Banshee talkbox on there.

Are you using the Pedaltrain Hard Case ? If so, does it close ok.

its just the soft case i have, tbh the case is under my bed and never gets used, only bought this to keeo things tidy.

I forgot to ask what power amp you were using? Is it a matrix? I'm curious to know what it sounds like? Was gonna buy a mesa 2:90 as its all valve but the matrix is solid state isn't it?

Cheers

Paul

I forgot to ask what power amp you were using? Is it a matrix? I'm curious to know what it sounds like? Was gonna buy a mesa 2:90 as its all valve but the matrix is solid state isn't it?

Cheers

Paul

works nice yeah, i wisj i had bought the mesa though, the fan noise on the matrix is crazy, not sure if my unit has a fault, im buying a 20/20 i found they work better for me, my mate has a ultra with the 20/20 and sounds fantastic!

not attempting to hijack...

but for those of you with the pedaltrains...are you using the included velcro that came with it, or getting something else to mount the mfc (and other objects)? i just ordered a pedaltrain 2 and have read both positive and negatives about the included velcro....

figured i'd ask your opinions! thanx in advance,

Pedal Train's velcro works fine for me, keeping everything in placeMFC with labels.jpg

In answer to Racetra, the Pedal Train hardcase closes with plenty of space to spare.

The next coupla comments are nicely off-topic, but interesting. When I listen to my Matrix - on my desk at a distance of 12 inches, I can hear the Axe II fan as well. When I record using the Axe, I don't hear either fans through my headphones. And when I'm gigging I certainly don't hear the fans at all.

I bought the Matrix as it weighs 3.7kg - as opposed to the 17.9kg of the Mesa. My whole SKB weighs not a lot more than the Mesa (actually it does as I keep the speaker cables in there and they're 4mm with Speakons). But my aim was to cut down rig weight. Coupled with using 2 1x12 ported EVM cabs to match the Matrix and Axe output allows max use of Axe amps cab sims and sounds great. I still have the Mesa Boogie II head and Marshall 4x12's for whenever my nostalgia gets too much - or the van has a tail lift.

Last edited:
works nice yeah, i wisj i had bought the mesa though, the fan noise on the matrix is crazy, not sure if my unit has a fault, im buying a 20/20 i found they work better for me, my mate has a ultra with the 20/20 and sounds fantastic!

Thanks again for the reply, I was considering a 2:90 mesa. Is the 20/20 loud enough? Mesa make a 50/50 as well I think.

I just got a PT pro, seems very solid, good space for the MFC + 2 pedals (1 Ernie Ball and 1 Boss FVH500 in my case).

Did you guys remove the plastic feet of the MFC to attach it with the velcro?

Back
Top Bottom