Show us your MFC setups! (post your pics)

Board updated with case and labels.:)
e754d888.jpg

023df8f2.jpg

Last edited:
From player's left to right:
  • JamMan Looper
  • MFC-101
  • EB Jr. for delay levels
  • EB Jr. for wah

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Pedalboard connections to amp. Cables and connectors are color coded for quick set-up. Guitar input is on opposite end of the board.
IMG_0072.jpg

Ultra, Mesa 2:90, patch panel:
IMG_0069.jpg

Patch panel with Powercon on left, MIDI send, effects send & return, guitar in. 1/4" connectors are locking Neutriks at both ends.
IMG_0071.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my newly finished MFC-101 pedalboard. From left to right: Mission Spring-Loaded EP-1, Mission EP-1, MFC, Ernie Ball 25kOhm volume. I'm still undecided on labels for my MFC, I use 15 presets and will rarely reveal the effects, so it may not be worth it, though some of those labels sure are pretty.

The case is a Calzone/Anvil case I had custom made for my G-System rig a few years ago. It happens to fit the MFC quite nicely. The board in this case fits in the foam so tightly it won't fall out, so I drilled holes and hard-mounted all of the pedals to the board, then put it back in the case.

web.jpg

I just finished mine. I turned a PT Pro rack upside down so it would fit better in the hard case. It actually works really well and fits in the case perfect with no stress on the MFC.

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 476
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 380
  • DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 333
Just got my Kick Tags from Sukh at pedalboardlables.com.

I play from a chair due to a disability so I set up my MFC on a Quiklok rolling stand. I also added an extendable arm used for car mounts to hold a Motorola Xoom. This way I can change presets with a quick tap of the hand and/or turn the page on music sheets or tabs with the flick of a finger.

The labels look great Sukh!!! Love them. Took a couple quick pics. Excuse the smudges on the Xoom as you really dont see those sans Pic. The glow wasn't very strong since I just put them on and turned the lights out to snap the pic without giving them much light source prior.

mfc1.jpg

mfc2.jpg

mfc3.jpg

mfc4.jpg

mfc5.jpg

Last edited:
Just got my Kick Tags from Sukh at pedalboardlables.com.

I play from a chair due to a disability so I set up my MFC on a Quiklok rolling stand. I also added an extendable arm used for car mounts to hold a Motorola Xoom. This way I can change presets with a quick tap of the hand and/or turn the page on music sheets or tabs with the flick of a finger.

The labels look great Sukh!!! Love them. Took a couple quick pics. Excuse the smudges on the Xoom as you really dont see those sans Pic. The glow wasn't very strong since I just put them on and turned the lights out to snap the pic without giving them much light source prior.

mfc1.jpg

mfc2.jpg

mfc3.jpg

mfc4.jpg

mfc5.jpg

Looks fantastic buddy - thanks for posting pictures!
Sukh

What would really be cool is if I could figure a way to port Axe Edit to the Xoom tablet and then I would have everything right at my fingertips. I can see a day when it all will be tab driven, even the MFC functions. Your entire pedal baord will be a tablet attached to the mic stand.

I also have the labels from Sukh at Pedalboardlabels.com. The quality and service is fantastic. They are a long time contributor to the site (and listen to user comments) and I also got lables for my HD500 (which stays at a weekly gig site).

The lables are very high quality and the inserts fit like a glove. The company and Sukh were very easy to work with. There were some US Postal service issues (not Sukh's side) and they sent another set to get them to me even though it was not pedalboardlables fault.

I really can't say enough about Sukh and his company.. well worth the wait..

One very happy customer (amongst many FAS folks as well).

Pete

Here's mine with a modded Ernie Ball VP Jr and a Mission Control SP-1. I also have the Boss FS-5U for tap tempo and a SDD-3KP preamp on top of a custom routing box (neutrik jacks for ethernet and my guitar). The pedalboard was made from stuff I got at Lowes.

IMG_0005-1.jpg

They're nice labels saschusmaximus, but if you can't see them on a dark stage you might as well not have them.

Hi Hugomack,
Thats realy Hard words for me :)
You Play only in the dark ?! No light in any room at any Time ?! I cant belive that :)
You Play in Summer no Open Airs ?! You dont Play in daylight ?! Wow

And why we have many many User there where happy with our Labels ?! :)
And NOW ! Our Ultralabels realy better than the First Version !
More robust and higher quality !
We have test with glow Material in the past, and find it Not Good enough for us...
And a question , if you Play on dark stages you MUST always read you Text on the Labels ? You have it Not in you Head on witch Switch are the effect that you want to Switch on/off...?!

We make "only" a "One-Part"Label that feels robust in High quality made for "on the Road"
Thats it !:)

And that what you say..... I am very often look at my label, too many times of the day!
And i can see them and i , and many other are happy with the look of them ,
So please do not talk so bad about it, ok :) thank you :)

I was hoping Sascha Beier might have replied saying; "We understand which is why we're developing some Stomplabels that shine in the dark...." The customer is always right and all that...

In fact, you do get to know what each switch does, so that a label is only really something that stops you worrying that you might forget under pressure. And when the lights go out, or are such that you can't see very well, the labels give you a bit of extra confidence when you really need it. If you can't see the label then it's obviously pointless.

But if you want to make fun of my serious suggestion - that "your labels are good, but I for one won't buy them as I can't see them in the dark", you lose me and probably a few others as future customers.

I've got some Custom Glow pedalboardlabels.com - Kick-ass labels for Kick-ass midi controllers!! coming in the next few days. I'll post my impressions on these.

btw, I was amused at one of Sascha's little digs at me: "if you Play on dark stages you MUST always read you Text on the Labels ? You have it Not in you Head on witch Switch are the effect that you want to Switch on/off...?!" As a manufacturer of labels, I don't think he's being terribly sensible to be suggesting that we ought not to need them at all!! ( I realise he's just trying to put me down so that's alright - if a bit strange.)

Hey guys - resisted chiming in so far, but hoping to get this thread back onto it's beautiful original purpose ...

For many people, glow in the dark isn't important - until we came along I'm not aware of any commercially available glow-in-the-dark systems *specifically* for midi-controllers and most people (myself included) just used home-made labels that 'did the job'.

We have a lot of our own customers that DON'T use our glow-in-the dark sets as either they never have an issue with stage lighting or they find that their memory of what the switch assignment is, coupled with a visual reference (such as the colour of a surround) is enough for them, OR they use some kind of portable light (as many touring pro's do, which keeps everything nice and visible for them while they fanny about swinging their hair all over the place doing the rockstar thing :) )

At the end of the day, it's always good to have a choice available and go with what works best for you.

(And FWIW - Sascha, just as I said in my mail to you the other week, I think your labels look great - really nice job with the latest update).

Exciting times to be a guitarist!
Sukh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom