Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

New setup! Just got the Big Sky and new Trailer Trash 28x16 Flat Trash pedalboard. Wanted a board that would accomodate not only the AX8, but also the Line 6 Relay, the Big Sky and at least 1 expression pedal.

This is all wired up except for the midi cable and of course the power. I use a little “power snake” that I made which carries the three individual power supplies and attaches to an off board power strip.

Oh and I used two pedal risers for the Big Sky and the Line 6 - and routed cabling underneath. They were also useful in coiling up all the excess cable from the EV-5’s which have unnecessarily long cables.

Attachments

• 6B69A756-C947-47FF-AF8D-4EF6CFA4D674.jpeg
    6B69A756-C947-47FF-AF8D-4EF6CFA4D674.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 165
@Doug Lewis Great setup! I was looking at this same board and have a few questions:

Any reason you didn't mount the powerstrip underneath?

How much overhang do you reckon you can get and still fit in the case? Is it a very tight fit or is there a little slop?

Thanks! I kept the Furman strip on top because I plug other stuff into it on stage. 2 CLR's, a fan, and sometimes the singer plugs another power strip into it. The pedal power supply is underneath.

There's a little room on the edges. I was worried about having the front outlet for the power supply, but it hasn't been an issue. I don't stand the case on edge because of that. If you need to hang much over the edge I'd look at the Temple Trio 28. There's been times I wish I'd just done that with the hard case, but realistically it's an additional $300 if you use their fasteners.

Still waiting on my Mission Pedal, but here it is.

Attachments

• 07384890-64C2-40C7-B992-6D1D7D5CE161.jpeg
    07384890-64C2-40C7-B992-6D1D7D5CE161.jpeg
    110.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 69D15A74-AEDF-4D96-A5D0-811AD347D6B2.jpeg
    69D15A74-AEDF-4D96-A5D0-811AD347D6B2.jpeg
    93.5 KB · Views: 180
  • 095B694A-2424-4390-B441-BCBB9BA99533.jpeg
    095B694A-2424-4390-B441-BCBB9BA99533.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 183
  • A4E29901-1FF9-4227-AED9-D1C01D0E70EB.jpeg
    A4E29901-1FF9-4227-AED9-D1C01D0E70EB.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 199
Well...

Yesterday night I saw that tv documentary on how they managed to reach Mars with two rovers in a few months and how it finally was much more successful than expected.

It somehow inspired me. If they could do that, I can do this.

Results:

Here you can see the old case with all the tools I used:

01 CERRADO.jpg

Here, the inside:

02 ABIERTO.jpg

And finally, the dark and cold basement:

03 DEBAJO.jpg

If you have already stopped laughing, I'll tell you it's a prototype. Next time, I'll use a high quality marker. I really have a lot of ideas for 2.0. I just need some more free used packaging material from my local guitar store.

Best of all, I didn't spend a single cent. Everything was here at home. I just spent some time (457 hours).

I hope you had some fun reading this. I had a lot doing it and I think I still have all my fingers, eyes, etc.

Well...

Yesterday night I saw that tv documentary on how they managed to reach Mars with two rovers in a few months and how it finally was much more successful than expected.

It somehow inspired me. If they could do that, I can do this.

Results:

Here you can see the old case with all the tools I used:

View attachment 49555

Here, the inside:

View attachment 49556

And finally, the dark and cold basement:

View attachment 49557

If you have already stopped laughing, I'll tell you it's a prototype. Next time, I'll use a high quality marker. I really have a lot of ideas for 2.0. I just need some more free used packaging material from my local guitar store.

Best of all, I didn't spend a single cent. Everything was here at home. I just spent some time (457 hours).

I hope you had some fun reading this. I had a lot doing it and I think I still have all my fingers, eyes, etc.
Good use of your time and some leftover closed-cell foam. Bravo!

I made some small changes just to fit stuff on the board a bit better. I’m really unhappy with the case/board in general, but it’s what I have until I build something.

Hello all,
I have an NYC board with AX8 and two EXP pedals, and a WL-50 Boss wireless unit. I only have need for 2 AC connections ( AX8 and WL50)
Instead of using a crappy dual headed AC extension cord......does anyone know a better solution ? Maybe with clean power as well ? Again, I do not need DC power or interconnects, just Amp power solution.
thanks

@teddis, if I'm understanding you correctly, you're asking about a power solution for the AX8 (IEC) and the BOSS WL-50 (9v center pin +/-), correct? You're planning on using the wall wart for the BOSS?

IMO, the simplest solution is adding a power strip to your board. If you search, you can even find some with removable IEC cords, USB ports, etc.

The choice I made was to use a Voodoo Lab PP2+. It powers the Line6 G30, the Shure PSM300 & the Behringer P16M, with 4 outputs to spare. It can also power the AX8 off of it's courtesy plug, but I have the AX8 plugged into a small power strip on my board so that I can charge batteries & have a spare power tap nearby, as well.

Previously, I used TheGigRig's modular power solution(s): Generator, Distributor, Isolator, TimeLord, etc. The worked great, but it was WAY overkill for my needs.

Good luck with your search!

Hi,
thanks for the reply.
Yes only need to connect AC plug for AX8 and Wall wart for WL50.
So I need a power strip, with only a few plugs, maybe removable lead ? I have not see that yet ? Care to share ?
thanks

@ak301, what is under your G30 receiver?

It's a patch bay from Bright Onion Pedals James custom made for me.
http://www.brightonion.co.uk/

Jack in>out to the input of the AX8. One output to a jack out and the other to a XLR out.
Some gigs I use my ASM so the XLR feeds that and the jack output goes to the PA, other gigs I use the Laney IRT so the jack feeds that and the PA gets the XLR.
The AX8 is setup to I can have my monitor set how I want and the PA level doesn't get changed
It's mainly for a quicker setup

Back
Top Bottom