Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Nice. Is that a Rock'n'Roller cart?

Also, where did you get those red tie-downs? They look like they're better for that job than bungees.
They look like 1" cinch straps. Try Home Depot or the like?
No it’s just a regular dolly that converts to 4 wheel configuration. Can’t remember where I got it. Maybe Grainger? My drummer has the Rock n Roller cart and it’s not long enough to hold all my gear. The red straps are just easy press and release straps I got at Auto Zone. I got them that day. I was in a rental because my car was in the shop. I had forgot to grab my straps and bungies out of my truck before I dropped it off for repairs (new water pump. Ugh) so had to buy more for the show. I use the rubber strap style bungies to strap the guitars together and the red straps for the heavy stuff like the speakers and pedalboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rex
Seems popular to show your load-out.

IMG_20180627_170831-600x800.jpg

Two guitars in one gigbag, my board in one case, cables, in-ears, mic, and guitar stands in the other (trolley). Only thing not shown is my mic stand. I can carry it in one go.

I really like the way your board is set up! Is this a Novo 24 board? What are you using for power? can you post or message me a pic of the back and the underside of the board?
Correct on the board. It’s the Voodoo Labs Pedalpower 2+ for power. It offers high milliamps which I need to power the Line 6 wireless. Nothing special underneath. I just duct tape it all down in case I need to get in there at a gig.
FAEEACCA-13B5-4B4E-A05F-434A1D1034E6.jpeg
52686CA4-AFD0-4D13-89E5-0FBC19A57128.jpeg

Correct on the board. It’s the Voodoo Labs Pedalpower 2+ for power. It offers high milliamps which I need to power the Line 6 wireless. Nothing special underneath. I just duct tape it all down in case I need to get in there at a gig.
View attachment 47876
View attachment 47877

Nice! I didn't think the AX 8 would have worked on my old Novo 24 board, but I saw yours and gave it a shot! Works perfect! I have the G50 as well but I mounted mine under the board and the antenna sit between the top and bottom rails in the back (where the power cable passes to your Pedal Power). I currently have a CS12 power supply but that might be a tad bit over kill. May sell it and get a CS7 in its place. I need it for the 18v for the talk box and the G50 and Drop pedal both require 250ma. After the gig this weekend I have decided to fit my Mini 808 Tube Screamer on the board and have that in front of the talk box. (The MXR Talkbox preamp needs a little more drive.)

Here is the board I put together for last weekend.Pedalboard.jpg

There's a lot talk about rigs here so I'm hoping this is the appropriate place to ask this.
Does anyone know of a pedal board that's as small as possible to fit just the AX8 on top and a G30 below it? Also very interested in small and simple ways to get both of them run off a single powercord.

There's a lot talk about rigs here so I'm hoping this is the appropriate place to ask this.
Does anyone know of a pedal board that's as small as possible to fit just the AX8 on top and a G30 below it? Also very interested in small and simple ways to get both of them run off a single powercord.
My post directly above yours has a G50 under the deck. I put a wood block under it so the antenna could stick through the slot on the back. But any V2 Pedaltrain with an incline (not nano, or metro) will work.

My post directly above yours has a G50 under the deck. I put a wood block under it so the antenna could stick through the slot on the back. But any V2 Pedaltrain with an incline (not nano, or metro) will work.

I figured that's a possibility, but I don't think I would need anything that high. Does the AX8 fit in the Pedaltrain flight case?

AX8 back.jpg AX8 Wireless.jpg

You didn't mention a tour case! LOL no, it would not fit in the tour case.
Thanks for the pics! Alright, just figured that would be a bonus. The Pedaltrain Novo 18 seems to be the perfect size to fit just the AX8 on top and wireless under it, so I might think about that.

Then again, I'm not sure if it would be better for me to just velcro the G30 on the side of the AX8 and live with it.

You can put the G30 on top of the board above or to the side of the wah pedal. Then you could use a flat pedalboard like this:
https://reverb.com/item/7057538-vht-av-pb2-pedal-board-with-bag-25-x-13in

Or use an aftermarket ATA case. I use to use this. it has a 7 inch clearance to the top of the lid
https://www.roadcasesusa.com/effect...3gzZAv5fqjXqllnMM1VMTpccKf1C8qUsaAq3pEALw_wcB

The AX8 is pretty much 16.25 x 11 x 4 So with an expression pedal you would need a 12x24 board. 12x14 if you wanted to mount the board on the surface above the wah.

Thanks for the pics! Alright, just figured that would be a bonus. The Pedaltrain Novo 18 seems to be the perfect size to fit just the AX8 on top and wireless under it, so I might think about that.

Then again, I'm not sure if it would be better for me to just velcro the G30 on the side of the AX8 and live with it.
The G50 has those damn antenna that are really hard to find a place to fit. Your G30 doesn't have that so it may be able to fit a little better. The V2 gigbags for the pedaltrain stuff is really good. Seems to protect the AX8 very well. You can always put it in a MONO bag if you want to really protect it.

My Rig @ Home - No "pedal board" yet. Not sure I need one.
John's Guitar Rig - 1 of 5.jpg

Line6 G30 Receiver, AX8 :cool:, Moog Expression Pedal
John's Guitar Rig - 2 of 5.jpg

Yamaha DBR10 Monitor
John's Guitar Rig - 3 of 5.jpg

Line 6 Xmitter, Ploynk custom cable for Xmitter to guitar
John's Guitar Rig - 4 of 5.jpg

Gator Case for DBR10 and AXE8
John's Guitar Rig - 5 of 5.jpg

In the pic are also Focal Alpha 50 Monitors which I sometimes use @ home to monitor the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom