Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Just got an Ax8. This is my current setup for my teaching studio / writing / recording. Board is a Trailer Trash Flat Trash 24x12 that I already had; Roland Ev-5 expression pedal. Threw the tuner on there because, well, as precise as the Fractal one is - it takes me forever to tune in lessons! I'm sure I'll make changes, etc as usual...

Attachments

• IMG_4948.jpg
    IMG_4948.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 171
All these rigs look amazing. Can anyone suggest a board that will fit the AX8, EP1, Seymour Duncan powerstage 170, and either an Eventide H9, or wireless unit?

Here's my current pedalboard. Custom-made case to house the AX-8, two expression pedals, wireless system, power supply w/dual USB ports for charging the wireless packs, and of course various I/O plugs. There's a convenient 1/4" input jack that automatically disables the wireless input when a cable is plugged in without having to unplug the wireless connector. This is useful live if I have to quickly plug in a guitar due to wireless dropout/interference, or at home if I just want to quickly plug in a cable and not pull out a wireless pack. IMG_8726.JPGIMG_8727.JPGIMG_8794.JPGIMG_8795.JPGIMG_8831.JPGIMG_8835.JPGIMG_8837.JPGIMG_9081.JPGIMG_9083.JPGIMG_9085.JPGIMG_8726.JPG IMG_8727.JPGIMG_8794.JPGIMG_8795.JPG IMG_8831.JPGIMG_8835.JPG

Here's my current pedalboard. Custom-made case to house the AX-8 ...

That looks great. What size plywood did you use? And how much does it weigh?

I've been wondering whether to go with plywood or something like aluminum, thinking aluminum would be lighter, but that plywood would be easier, given my overall lack of skills.

Here's my current pedalboard. Custom-made case to house the AX-8, two expression pedals, wireless system, power supply w/dual USB ports for charging the wireless packs, and of course various I/O plugs. There's a convenient 1/4" input jack that automatically disables the wireless input when a cable is plugged in without having to unplug the wireless connector. This is useful live if I have to quickly plug in a guitar due to wireless dropout/interference, or at home if I just want to quickly plug in a cable and not pull out a wireless pack. View attachment 43404View attachment 43405View attachment 43406View attachment 43407View attachment 43409View attachment 43411View attachment 43412View attachment 43413View attachment 43414View attachment 43415View attachment 43404 View attachment 43405View attachment 43406View attachment 43407 View attachment 43409View attachment 43411
Nicely done! Smart use and fitting J-boxes. But how do you stomp the footswitch on the tuner?

Here's my current pedalboard. Custom-made case to house the AX-8, two expression pedals, wireless system, power supply w/dual USB ports for charging the wireless packs, and of course various I/O plugs. There's a convenient 1/4" input jack that automatically disables the wireless input when a cable is plugged in without having to unplug the wireless connector. This is useful live if I have to quickly plug in a guitar due to wireless dropout/interference, or at home if I just want to quickly plug in a cable and not pull out a wireless pack. View attachment 43404View attachment 43405View attachment 43406View attachment 43407View attachment 43409View attachment 43411View attachment 43412View attachment 43413View attachment 43414View attachment 43415View attachment 43404 View attachment 43405View attachment 43406View attachment 43407 View attachment 43409View attachment 43411

Very cool mate - super tidy!

Nicely done! Smart use and fitting J-boxes. But how do you stomp the footswitch on the tuner?
Thank you. I actually mounted the wireless system at an angle so that the controller pedal wouldn't accidentally hit the tuner/mute footswitch on the wireless pedal. I use the Fractal tuner, not the wireless system tuner. My goal was to keep the pedalboard very compact, so I went with the mini Dunlops controller which allowed me to stack the wireless behind it. In this configuration I really don't need the wireless system's tuner capability. Thanks, Paul

That looks great. What size plywood did you use? And how much does it weigh?

I've been wondering whether to go with plywood or something like aluminum, thinking aluminum would be lighter, but that plywood would be easier, given my overall lack of skills.

Thanks David. I used 3/8" plywood for the case. For the sides and internal bracing I glued two layers of 3/8" together (so 3/4" overall) This helped me get a stronger corner joint with more of a gluing surface (you can see these corners in some of the pictures). However for the top and bottom of the case I simply used one layer of the 3/8" plywood to help reduce the overall weight. Fully loaded with the Fractal, Controllers, Wireless, internal wiring, and hardware the whole thing weighs 32 pounds. Aluminum could be a very cool option too though. Regards, Paul

... I used 3/8" plywood for the case. For the sides and internal bracing I glued two layers of 3/8" together (so 3/4" overall) This helped me get a stronger corner joint with more of a gluing surface (you can see these corners in some of the pictures). However for the top and bottom of the case I simply used one layer of the 3/8" plywood to help reduce the overall weight. Fully loaded with the Fractal, Controllers, Wireless, internal wiring, and hardware the whole thing weighs 32 pounds ...

Thanks; that's helpful!

Updated rig. Board is a Temple Duo 24. I use a Line 6 G10 wireless and I've converted a flagpole holder (braced under the board) as a mic stand holder. (the socket is a little too big so you need to use an insert to get a tight grip or just run a few layers of duct tape around the bottom of the mic stand pole.)

Brew AX8.jpg

Going down from a Engl E646 with a customized 80x40cm Pedalboard to one Palmer Pedalbay with 60x40. I think with some tweaking I could've assembled everything on a 60x30cm board, but why? ;)
Got an additional Mission SP-1, the Freeze in the Fx-Loop and the Drop in front of everything - the only two pedals which I couldn't really replace.
IMG_20171227_231744.jpg

I'm wondering on going Pedaltrain Novo 24 vs 32. Can I get the AX8, an EV-1, and a polytune on top, and power supply and wireless underneath (without overhang). I'm very OCD about the appearance.

Back
Top Bottom