Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

Here's mine I have a couple TRS cables coming today to replace the colored cords. It is big no lie. I want to have it engraved underneath, the Anti Larry Mitchell board, Go big or go home, or go fly, either way. I know he's coming to phoenix, maybe I can have him sign it. I know looking at it the first expression pedal looks cockeyed, it is on purpose, I usually come at things at an angle, just like when you park your car at the mall...;-)

I know I stated details in another thread, but this will outlive the other one.
Pedal board: Trailer Trash Pro series 36x18. I wish it was 36x16.
Wireless: Shure GLXD16
Expression pedals: EV-1's
Momentary switch: Boss FS-5U
I will be adding a couple pedals down the road. I want a really good Fuzz and maybe one of those EH B9's

I had a blast playing this yesterday. What an Awesome device.

IMG_4049 (1).JPG IMG_4050.JPG IMG_4050.JPG IMG_4052.JPG IMG_4054.JPG IMG_4055.JPG IMG_4057.JPG IMG_4058.JPG IMG_4059.JPG

Here's mine I have a couple TRS cables coming today to replace the colored cords. It is big no lie. I want to have it engraved underneath, the Anti Larry Mitchell board, Go big or go home, or go fly, either way. I know he's coming to phoenix, maybe I can have him sign it. I know looking at it the first expression pedal looks cockeyed, it is on purpose, I usually come at things at an angle, just like when you park your car at the mall...;-)

I will be adding a couple pedals down the road. I want a really good Fuzz and maybe one of those EH B9's

View attachment 28996 View attachment 28997 View attachment 28997 View attachment 28998 View attachment 28999 View attachment 29000 View attachment 29001 View attachment 29002 View attachment 29003
yours is the only rig we have seen! give others a chance hehehehe

I know, sorry...
I know I'm being that guy right now, I don't like him either...;-)
HAHAHA bro that literally made me laugh out loud. I am really curious to see the other boards because as we have commeneted in other threads seems like a lot of guys are going big with their boards. I am stuck between doing a PT2 or Classic 2 so I can mount my g50 under it or pull a Larry M and through it in a bag. I will be running 1 EV1 and an mini exp knob from T1M. That is almost all the bits on my Trailer Trash Flat trash that is 24x12. I have like an inch or two to play with if I move to the PT because on the trailer trash I had to leave a gap on one side to grab the handle. If I have enough room it will be tempting to have a small two button switch made to do some extra functions

View attachment 28996 View attachment 28997 View attachment 28997 View attachment 28998 View attachment 28999 View attachment 29000 View attachment 29001 View attachment 29002 View attachment 29003

Hey Scott. When I read the title of the thread , my first thought was , I'd have a pic of the AX8 and an expression pedal and a case - just big enough to carry/protect them.
I'm into the "less is more" way of gigging these days. Don't you think you can do it ALL with the AX8 , without other fuzz boxes and pedals ?

Great pic, Scott. Most of the pedal cases (yours included) seem to be quite deep. In other words, there is a lot of empty space behind the AX8 and the expression pedals. Does anyone know of a board that is less deep, so that it better encloses the AX8 + two expression pedals and a Shure wireless unit (which is going to be my setup)?

Hey Scott. When I read the title of the thread , my first thought was , I'd have a pic of the AX8 and an expression pedal and a case - just big enough to carry/protect them.
I'm into the "less is more" way of gigging these days. Don't you think you can do it ALL with the AX8 , without other fuzz boxes and pedals ?
Scott might be having an issue many guitar players have. "I have space let me use it" Scott's ii tones are great but now everything being right there on the floor and having the extra space to spare the brain goes "hmmm" LOL

Absolutely, I don't need anything else at this point, I have the space, so I want to fill it up syndrome. I originally was going to get a mono case to put this in, and something changed my mind, I'm not sure what. I guess my big thing that I stated on earlier posts on why I wanted this variation in my life, was originally to have an all contained board that after my last song in the third service, I could just pick it up and walk off stage with it. That will save me an hour, since I have already heard the service by then. Having individual pieces on the ground would make it harder to pick it up in one fell swoop. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited:
Great pic, Scott. Most of the pedal cases (yours included) seem to be quite deep. In other words, there is a lot of empty space behind the AX8 and the expression pedals. Does anyone know of a board that is less deep, so that it better encloses the AX8 + two expression pedals and a Shure wireless unit (which is going to be my setup)?
Once you start getting into the bigger boards they usually start getting much deeper. Guys used to fit MFC and two mission pedals on a PT2 and that would take up 100% of the 24 inch width. If you are using mission pedals you can get a pt2 or Pt classic 2 mount your wireless under and you are set. of get the PT novo 24. It is still 24 wide but is 14.5 inch deep (regular pt2 is 12.5 inch deep) that extra 2 inches would allow you to keep your wireless transmitter on top of the board instead of underneath. There is also the Novo 32 which is 32x14.5 so that is a bit smaller than Scott's width wide and not as deep. There are lots of company that make board customer to your specs and they are not priced to bad but if they don't make customer cases you are SOL because finding cases to fit customer size boards can be a hassle. Back in the day I had a cool flat boar made and it had a had shell top that latched on to the board so it was an instant hard shell case

This is why I'm not putting my AX8 on a board....before I know it, I'll have a large footprint on stage and more weight to carry. "Keep it simple" is going to be my approach....AX8 + EV5 expression pedal.
I hear ya, that is a good approach for sure. My devices are on Velcro so I can pull it off with a thin screwdriver or putty knife, if need be, it's not permanently on there forever.

Absolutely, I don't need anything else at this point. I originally was going to get a mono case to put this in, and something changed my mind, I'm not sure what. I guess my big thing that I stated on earlier posts on why I wanted this variation in my life, was originally to have an all contained board that after my last song in the third service, I could just pick it up and walk off stage with it. That will save me an hour, since I have already heard the service by then. Having individual pieces on the ground would make it harder to pick it up in one fell swoop. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Gotcha. I mean no disrespect , for sure. .....And , I forgot about my wireless.
I planned on ditching my big pedalboard case and getting one with the exact room for the AX8 , expression pedal , and wireless , for size reasons - on the floor.
I do know where you're coming from on the bigger case though. I downsized my mixer from an X32 to an X32 compact , but kept the big case. Holds my mixer now , plus router , plus tablet , and a few cords.

I like it, Scott! Not a small board, but who cares? It's your whole rig there! You could take that into anyplace with a PA and blast out some world class tone... club to stadium. Awesome, buddy. Rock it your way.

Gotcha. I mean no disrespect , for sure. .....And , I forgot about my wireless.
I planned on ditching my big pedalboard case and getting one with the exact room for the AX8 , expression pedal , and wireless , for size reasons - on the floor.
I do know where you're coming from on the bigger case though. I downsized my mixer from an X32 to an X32 compact , but kept the big case. Holds my mixer now , plus router , plus tablet , and a few cords.

Yeah, the thought of thinking small, is what this thing is going to be good for sure. What's really cool, is at where this thing is priced at, 1399.00 for this quality of sound is hopefully going to be very appetising for many churches. I know Lincoln brewster bought a line6 hd500 because he wanted to have a device that his guitar fans could afford. This is at a price range that most can afford. I know he's a line 6 guy but he did have or does have an Axe-FX somewhere, in his arsenal.

I can't wait to play this thing in church.

Scott, do you have an MFC or were you controlling your Axe by other means? Either way, it will interesting to hear your thoughts once you've played live with the 8. Especially if comparing to the MFC.

Back
Top Bottom