Hey guys, I’ve had this shimmer pad in my main preset for a while now, and while I use it on bass, it works great on guitar or any other instrument as well. I designed it not so much as a reverb type effect but more as a ghostly atmospheric pad that kind of hovers in the background, reacting to what you play. Great for sound design and such, or to add a layer to a song. It's made up of just 3 blocks, which of course you can freely combine with your favorite amp setup. Hope it’s useful to somebody, enjoy!

Attachments

• Whynot Shimmer 2020.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 83
Excellent and informative video! So useful how you explain what certain parameters do in such an easy way to understand, every guitarist/bassist should watch this! I thought I had a good grasp on some of those parameters but I learned a thing or 2 from this.

Thank you for sharing, I hope you make more!

Excellent and informative video! So useful how you explain what certain parameters do in such an easy way to understand, every guitarist/bassist should watch this! I thought I had a good grasp on some of those parameters but I learned a thing or 2 from this.

Thank you for sharing, I hope you make more!

Thank you @chucma !

Great stuff.

I used a stock preset from the AxeFX Ultra on one of our songs that this reminds me of:

I wasn't able to recreate that sound when I switched to the AX8, so this will be a fitting replacement , tvm! :)

Here we come,

keep I use this preset to play fingerstyle guitar so feel free to modify as you see fit.

SCENE 1 Reverb
SCENE 2 Slapback echo
SCENE 3 Reverb+Stereo Delay
SCENE 4 Reverb+Stero Delay+Ghost

Control1 Switches on\off an octaver that is set to octave just the 2 lower strings on a guitar

Attachments

• Ghost Shimmer Finger.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 39
Here we come,

keep I use this preset to play fingerstyle guitar so feel free to modify as you see fit.

SCENE 1 Reverb
SCENE 2 Slapback echo
SCENE 3 Reverb+Stereo Delay
SCENE 4 Reverb+Stero Delay+Ghost

Control1 Switches on\off an octaver that is set to octave just the 2 lower strings on a guitar

Finally took a sec to check out this preset, great stuff!

Back
Top Bottom