Bug? Rotary Bypass Bug [FIXED]

NaturalScience

Inspired
Mark I: Firmware 18.08, MFC: 3.08

This is NOT the rotary bug that comes from upgrading to FW 18 and forgetting to turn off the "new" rotary block in scenes. If I use Rotary Y on Scene 3 and Rotary X on Scene 2, switching from Scene 3 to Scene 2 engages the Rotary block in Scene 2. It is supposed to be off. Here are the details:

1) I have a patch with a rotary block using X and Y states.
2) All scenes use the Rotary X except for 3 and 8, which use Rotary Y.
3) The block is bypassed in all scenes.
4) I do not have any modifiers attached to the block (bypass is set to Midi CC 86, I just did a system param reset)
5) When I switch among scenes that use Rotary X, I have no trouble.
6) However, if I go from Scene 3 (Rotary Y) to Scene 2 (Rotary X), the Rotary block engages itself on Scene 2.
7) If I then switch to a scene with Rotary X, then back to Scene 2, it turns it back off.
7) If I set Scene 3 to use Rotary Y, it does not engage when I switch to Scene 2. The unwanted toggling of the block only happens when going from Rotary Y to Rotary X from Scene 3 to Scene 2.
8) This happens from Axe Edit, front panel, or MFC. I have also tested with the MFC disconnected and Axe-Edit not running as well.

The big pain in the ass is that I can't duplicate this every time. It's happening very consistently for me tonight. It happened about a week ago, but in between I've had no trouble. The workaround is easy enough, but inconvenient - this is driving me nuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
The big pain in the ass is that I can't duplicate this every time. It's happening very consistently for me tonight. It happened about a week ago, but in between I've had no trouble. The workaround is easy enough, but inconvenient - this is driving me nuts.

Thank you for figuring this out! I also was having problems and thought it had something to do with Scene revert and posted about it here: http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...cenes-2-8-revert-doesnt-work.html#post1184302

I ended up downgrading back to firmware 17.04 bc I was randomly having the same issue as you. Can't wait for the next firmware with the fix, so I'll be able to upgrade back to firmware 18 bc I think it felt and sounded better than firmware 17. Hopefully we won't have to reset the Rotary Block again though like the Release notes said to do.

There is (was?) also a bug with the MFC involving Switch Links and Scene 3 where the switches aren't mutually exclusive. Unfortunately I was never able to work out exactly what sequence of events caused it.

I thought this was the same thing, so it took me awhile to figure out it was something entirely different.

There is (was?) also a bug with the MFC involving Switch Links and Scene 3 where the switches aren't mutually exclusive. Unfortunately I was never able to work out exactly what sequence of events caused it.

I thought this was the same thing, so it took me awhile to figure out it was something entirely different.

I can't remember if I tested my MFC-101 Mark I with firmware 18 but I thought my Rotary Block issue was caused by my FAMC LF+ PRO+ bc I had upgraded the firmware and reprogrammed a lot of things. I'm glad to know it wasn't my LF+ PRO+ and I wasn't the only one having issues. I wonder why the issue happens randomly? That's why I thought it was something I did wrong but everything worked perfectly when I downgraded back to firmware 17.04.

Thanks again for figuring this out and Thank you Cliff for resolving it!

It happened to me too. Glad it's found and fixed. I have an issue where I bypass the rotary, and it is disengaged on the grid, but I still hear the effect. I'm guessing it's related.

It happened to me too. Glad it's found and fixed. I have an issue where I bypass the rotary, and it is disengaged on the grid, but I still hear the effect. I'm guessing it's related.

I was experiencing the same thing.

Were you connected to Axe-Edit or MIDI Foot Controller?

I wasn't connected to Axe-Edit but I was connected to my LF+ PRO+ and I could see that the Rotary Block was disabled and disabled in the Layout Grid but I could still hear it was on

Has anyone installed firmware 18.10 and did it resolve this issue? If it's fixed, I'm going to upgrade from 17.04 this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom