RJM Mastermind GT/22 Compatibility?

Thanks Chris, I will give it a go. Are you sure that's correct with the toe switch on the SP-1RJM? I was reading the GT manual the latest release and it said if using an SP1-RJM to use one of the switch inputs on the GT.
The RJM version may be different. But the original Sp1 was designed for XP ports, as many basic controllers do not have XS ports.

The RJM version may be different. But the original Sp1 was designed for XP ports, as many basic controllers do not have XS ports.

One of the guys on the RJM forum told me what to do. You can still use the GT's external switch inputs just make sure to select the on and off colour of the toe swtch. You need to set the off state to black and then the on state to which ever colour. Problem solved!

Now all you need is a midi fridge, TV, Washing machine & a midi wife & you'll be in total control heaven ;)

Hi guys,

Did you all update to 1.17 on the axe yet? I think I might have to wait till the full version of 4.2 is released on the GT before I do that just in case.

Hi guys,

Did you all update to 1.17 on the axe yet? I think I might have to wait till the full version of 4.2 is released on the GT before I do that just in case.
Yup. A few minor bugs between 1.17 and the 4.2b2 release but nothing terrible.

Hi guys,

Is it possible on the same preset to have say an IA setup on the GT for a drive block channel A and then add another IA to select the same drive block but change to channel B? I've got a TS-808 on chan a and I wanted to have a BB Preamp on Chan B and sometimes I like to have the option in a song to choose a different drive pedal.

Cheers
Paul

Is it possible on the same preset to have say an IA setup on the GT for a drive block channel A and then add another IA to select the same drive block but change to channel B? I've got a TS-808 on chan a and I wanted to have a BB Preamp on Chan B and sometimes I like to have the option in a song to choose a different drive pedal.
Yes, but the state of the IA might show as engaged on both switches. I don't think you can have the state show engaged/bypassed based on the channel it's on. I could be incorrect here; I'm very new to programming the GT/22.

I'm not sure how you'd do this with 2 IA blocks that switched on/off. What I've done, and it's similar to what I had setup for the Axe-FX II/MFC, is I have two IA's, one that turns the block off (value 0) and on (value 127), and another IA that switches between the two channels (off value 1 for channel A, on value 2 for channel B). You could also use the IA Cycle function to step through more channels (if you were using more than the two).

I'm not sure how you'd do this with 2 IA blocks that switched on/off. What I've done, and it's similar to what I had setup for the Axe-FX II/MFC, is I have two IA's, one that turns the block off (value 0) and on (value 127), and another IA that switches between the two channels (off value 1 for channel A, on value 2 for channel B). You could also use the IA Cycle function to step through more channels (if you were using more than the two).

That would be a better Idea. What's the best way to set this up on the GT?

That would be a better Idea. What's the best way to set this up on the GT?

Another possibility might be to put them in a switch group BUT turning one switch off while toggling the other one might cause a double-send of the CC to bypass/engage the block.

I'm using the IA cycle mode on a single switch to change channels on my drive block now. Works well. Just set the switch up to be a hold type instead of a normal type IA and the MMGT editor will expose the on-hold function tab that you can use to step through channels. You can limit the steps to just two if you only ever want to toggle between two channels on the block instead of all 4. And you decide you want on-hold to pop-up a channel selection mode on the GT or just increment to the next channel.

Anyone compared or have any opinions on a GT/22 vs. GT/16 other than more buttons?

I just got my GT/22 a week or so ago. I got everything setup the way I want to use it and realized I could do everything I want live with a GT/16 because of the scenes feature and the extra RJM foot switches and pedals I added. However, I like having the extra buttons and scribble strips for editing on the pedal and when I'm Playing around with new setups and tweaking my AxeFxIII. So, I wouldn't change my decision if I had it to do it again. Plus, I may use those extra buttons in the future live. I've only had it a week. Who knows what the future holds. Bigger is better.

I want to get it to bridge the gap and work with both my Axe-FX II and Axe-FX III and I don't want to lose any functionality vs my MFC 101 which I just put up for sale. It looks like the width between the GT/22 and GT/16 is the same but the depth is greater due to the extra row of buttons. That and $200.00..... Hmmmm...... Decisions......

I want to get it to bridge the gap and work with both my Axe-FX II and Axe-FX III and I don't want to lose any functionality vs my MFC 101 which I just put up for sale. It looks like the width between the GT/22 and GT/16 is the same but the depth is greater due to the extra row of buttons. That and $200.00..... Hmmmm...... Decisions......

So are you going to just keep a thumb drive that has the setup for the Axe-Fx II and the Axe-FX III and just upload the one you need or are you going to try to do it with one setup?

The GT is pretty deep. Doesn't bother me, though. I just extend the boom on my mic another 4 inches and I mainly use the bottom row of buttons while playing. In 6 months you won't even miss that $200...probably :).

Off Topic: The button spacing on the GT is much easier to use than the spacing on the MFC101.

So are you going to just keep a thumb drive that has the setup for the Axe-Fx II and the Axe-FX III and just upload the one you need or are you going to try to do it with one setup?
Wouldn't be hard to do it all with one setup. There are enough pages to handle multiple Fractal devices.

Back
Top Bottom