RJM Mastermind GT/22 Compatibility?

Hi guys,

Is it possible on the same preset to have say an IA setup on the GT for a drive block channel A and then add another IA to select the same drive block but change to channel B? I've got a TS-808 on chan a and I wanted to have a BB Preamp on Chan B and sometimes I like to have the option in a song to choose a different drive pedal.

Cheers
Paul

I thought I'd post the answer to this question taken from RJM Forum for the benefit of readers of this post.

"Yes, add two actions:

Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:None on:1
Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:0 on:127

And on the other button:

Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:None on:2

Put both buttons in a group, and in group settings turn "Send Off Messages" off, and turn "Allow all Buttons Off" on.

You're going to have to turn on Direct Send PC/CC for the Axe-Fx III device entry in the Devices tab for this to work."

Another possibility might be to put them in a switch group .

Yes, a group with modified group settings is the way to do this.
Ron answered this on the RJM forum:

“Add two actions:

Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:None on:1

And on the other button:

Axe-Fx III / CC Toggle Drive 1 off:None on:2

Put both buttons in a group, and in group settings turn "Send Off Messages" off, and turn "Allow all Buttons Off" on.

You're going to have to turn on Direct Send PC/CC for the Axe-Fx III device entry in the Devices tab for this to work.”

Thanks guys,

Yeah that was me that posted the same question on the RJM forum. Ron is always on there so I thought it was best to ask him. Thanks for all the replies though. First rehearsal with the Axe III and my matrix tonight I'm excited. Just gotta fine tune my amp block levels hopefully they won't need much tweaking. Will try the drive block thing later.

My Axe III is on the way and I'm looking through what it's going to take to get things up and running with my MMGT 16. I have been using one of these with my Axe II XL+: FAMC Phantom MIDI
that I modified to work with one cable per this pic of the circuit board: FAMCMidiBoxBoard.JPG
I won't know until I get the Axe but it seems to me that I can just take my custom jumpers off and the unit should work as needed with two cables from it to the Axe III and the original 7 pin cable to my MMGT 16. Does anyone have one of these and can confirm this will work?
Hunter

I think this is what we need. or something similar.

MIDI-cable-supply-in-out.png

So on this topic....

I have my GT22 on the way (once it ships) and want to go the RJM ADAPTOR route. What I’m curious about is if there is a “nuetrik Jack adaptor” type connection for the side of my board. I don’t want to keep trying to plug into the GT22 itself because I’ll have pedals right above it making for a tight fit. I’d rather have a 7pin midi jack on the side of my board that I can connect to that is constantly connected to the footswitcher.

Does this exist?

So on this topic....

I have my GT22 on the way (once it ships) and want to go the RJM ADAPTOR route. What I’m curious about is if there is a “nuetrik Jack adaptor” type connection for the side of my board. I don’t want to keep trying to plug into the GT22 itself because I’ll have pedals right above it making for a tight fit. I’d rather have a 7pin midi jack on the side of my board that I can connect to that is constantly connected to the footswitcher.

Does this exist?
if you're asking if 7-pin midi jacks exist for panels, yes they do. otherwise i'm not understanding the question.

if you're asking if 7-pin midi jacks exist for panels, yes they do. otherwise i'm not understanding the question.

Yes.... that’s what I’m asking.... and can you point me to one? I can’t seem to find one anywhere.

Yes.... that’s what I’m asking.... and can you point me to one? I can’t seem to find one anywhere.
If you're using the XLR6F box (https://shop.rjmmusic.com/phantom-power-adapter-xlr6f-one-input/) with a GT-22 you'll need a female jack on your pedalboard. So this: http://www.neutrik.us/en-us/xlr/dl-series/nc6fd-l-1

And then you'll have a cable off that ends in one of these: https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/nc6mx

Which you'll plug into the Remote In port on the back of the GT-22.

I havent been able to find a clear answer on the RJM forum or here, so I'm just gonna ask:

What do I need to do to get my Mission SP-1 expression pedals compatible with the GT 22? Do I need to replace the toe switch with a momentary switch?

Mission Engineering makes an RJM specific version of the SP1. I think the issue is switch polarity. I would reach out to them, they should be able to tell you exactly what you need to do.

Back
Top Bottom