REVISED - Cliff's Factory Preset Bank A - Axe-Fx II - Quantum 8.01

Only viewed the preset in FracTool, didn't load it.

Based on their Bypass Mode set to THRU, it shouldn't make a difference whether these blocks are bypassed or replaced with a shunt.

Only viewed the preset in FracTool, didn't load it.

Based on their Bypass Mode set to THRU, it shouldn't make a difference whether these blocks are bypassed or replaced with a shunt.

You would have to hear, cuz I hear a difference ..less inactive effects in your chain the better but not sure why. like you said shouldn't make a difference

This was the preset with some of the effects. Try removing chorus and roto

Ok .. play it first then remove inactive effects chorus and roto

Preset sounds and measures identical with or without the unused blocks. The power of suggestion is a demonstrable influence on audio perception.

Preset sounds and measures identical with or without the unused blocks. The power of suggestion is a demonstrable influence on audio perception.[/QUOTE

What do you mean by power of suggestion in this case? It's something I've heard for some time no influence.
I can hear a change in tone or combination of tone and sound stage

What do you mean by power of suggestion in this case? It's something I've heard for some time no influence.

I don't hear nor measure any difference. The power of suggestion with respect to the auditory system is documented. People will swear they hear a difference when none exists simply because they believe they will. This is why blind A/B tests were invented.

I understand what your saying . You click off a block and you think you hear a change. Just not sure it's in my head

I don't hear nor measure any difference. The power of suggestion with respect to the auditory system is documented. People will swear they hear a difference when none exists simply because they believe they will. This is why blind A/B tests were invented.
. Ok I have to try some blind tests thanks for the response

In this case, Cliff didn't hear a difference. He measured the response of the preset, and he found no measurable difference either. Measurements are more sensitive than human ears, so it's safe to say that there is no difference. Yet you still hear a difference. The power of suggestion is all that's left. At some level, your ears are expecting to hear a difference, so your ears are reporting a difference.

Can you describe the difference you hear?

Last edited:
In this case, Cliff didn't hear a difference. He measured the response of the preset, and he found no measurable difference either. Measurements are more sensitive tha human ears, so it's safe to say that there is no difference. Yet you still hear a difference. The power of suggestion is all that's left. At some level, your ears are expecting to hear a difference, so your ears are reporting a difference.

Can you describe the difference you hear?
It sounds less processed to me.
And my sound stage changes slightly as I remove unused blocks...

Yes, note to self - no need for a shrink. Because the power of suggestion, whereby the environment impacts one's own perception, can be reversed inward or outward with a little practice (a non-$300/hr charging practice), becoming the power to suggest to oneself, or a trusting other. Best mastered in a safe, daylit environment, amongst people fully dressed, especially in non-vampire clothing (note to self based on learning fangs, I mean pangs) - I recommend against night class unless you've been there first in the sun, and trust no one.

Now, why do I hear a flapping sound to the left of the monitor?

Perhaps Cliff is not hearing a change because he is not expecting to hear a change. ;) JK, big guy.

Thanks for the work on the new bank. I was just explaining to someone how different the Axe FX user experience is, and the constant development (for free to us, no less) is always what distances FAS from the crowd.

It sounds less processed to me.
And my sound stage changes slightly as I remove unused blocks...

It happens to everyone. A simple test: on the grid move the focus to the Amp block. Then click Edit. This causes a small gap in the audio. And it will seem as if the sound has changed. It hasn't.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom