Rescued 2 cats yesterday including the famous Lenny The Farting Cat

GotMetalBoy

Power User
We rescued 2 male cats yesterday from a relative that could no longer take care of them. They're already adjusting well with our 2 other cats and 4 dogs.

One of the cats named Lenny made national headlines about 4 years ago when he was returned after 2 days to the shelter because he supposedly wouldn't stop farting haha.

The other cat's name is Leo and he was originally our cat but he was obsessed with chewing cables. After chewing through some power cables and over $200 worth of audio cables, we gave him to a relative that he would be safer with because they pretty much only have a cell phone cable. Leo is a long haired cat and his hair is badly matted but we had a groomer come over today to remove the really bad knots and will finish on Wednesday and turn him into a lion cat. I'm not sure if there's such a thing as a hypoallergenic cat but Leo doesn't cause issues with people that are allergic to cats.

Here's pictures of our 2 handsome cats.

Lenny The Farting Cat:
Lenny The Farting Cat.jpg

Leo:
Leo.jpg

Last edited:
But ... still chewing and still farting?

Lenny hasn't farted yet haha and Leo still tries to chew any kind of cable or string, so we're keeping him in a room with no cables.

When Leo lived with us before, we couldn't figure out how he chewed up my $200+ worth of cables because he was in his room in the basement and we knew for fact he was in there before and after the cables got chewed. His long hair finally revealed his secret. I noticed a chunk of his hair was stuck to one of the ceiling rafters. His room in the basement didn't have a ceiling, so he was jumping up the 7ft wall and going between the rafters into my practice room in the basement! He chewed up the cables in less than 30 minutes because I had just packed everything up for a gig and when I went to go grab my bag of cables it looked like Edward Scissorhands got a hold of them.

We have to keep all the room doors open or else the heat and AC doesn't work very well, so I think I'm going to replace the doors with screens doors, so air can still pass through but keep Leo out.

My cat loves guitar strings...he's always around, biting strings whenever I change them...neurotic cat. His name is "Syk", short for ShipYard Kat...(where I found him).
That's so funny, My cats do the same thing, when they see me start taking out my strings, cutters, etc to work on my guitars, they come running and just sit right next to me waiting for me to take the strings off so they can attack! lol

Our cat loves to lick plastic, especially bags. Her favorite is drinking water from a 2 quart plastic pitcher. She will drink and drink and drink.

Beautiful cats you have there. It's very kind of you to take them in, especially the cable chewer. My parents once had a cat that loved to urinate on my gear. I have to admit I wasn't too distraught when he finally gave up the ghost.

We've lost three cats in the last two years. So we're looking to adopt a cat and the shelters nowadays are friggin' idiotic. We stopped giving our cats the rabies vaccine because we've had three cats die from cancer due to the vaccine. The shelters won't let us adopt because we haven't kept our one remaining cat current on the rabies vaccine. I've tried to explain to them that in all my years I've never even heard of a cat getting rabies but we've lost three cats to cancer due to the vaccine and lots of other people we know have experienced the same thing. In fact the latest statistics show that one in three cats who receive the rabies vaccine will develop cancer.

Odds of getting rabies: 1 in 1 million. Odds of getting cancer from rabies vaccine: 1 in 3. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

We've lost three cats in the last two years. So we're looking to adopt a cat and the shelters nowadays are friggin' idiotic. We stopped giving our cats the rabies vaccine because we've had three cats die from cancer due to the vaccine. The shelters won't let us adopt because we haven't kept our one remaining cat current on the rabies vaccine. I've tried to explain to them that in all my years I've never even heard of a cat getting rabies but we've lost three cats to cancer due to the vaccine and lots of other people we know have experienced the same thing. In fact the latest statistics show that one in three cats who receive the rabies vaccine will develop cancer.

Odds of getting rabies: 1 in 1 million. Odds of getting cancer from rabies vaccine: 1 in 3. Yeah, makes perfect sense.

yeah - our cats freak out when we try to trim their nails, so we started taking them to the vet a few years ago. these are indoor cats that have never set foot outside. They are like - yeah, before we can trim their nails, they have to get rabies vaccine. Umm - but they are indoor cats??
They cats, who are brother and sister, had never been to the vet at that point, so we had them do the exam and get the vaccine. But they kept wanting us to get the boosters for them - we said no, they said they cant trim their nails then. We said fine and went to a groomer, which we have been going to since. I don't understand the mandatory rabies thing for cats, especially indoor cats.
Anyway - OP - that's awesome - I love to hear any animal rescue stories. So many idiots out there that think cats are disposable.

Yeah , some of these shelters are a little over the top. People like yourself are “unworthy” , so they will put an animal to sleep instead.

The farting cat..... lol
We have a farting boxer. Try being intimate with your spouse , during the presence of a Dog Fart in the bedroom. THERE’S a test of love and endurance. Love our pets.

Our cat loves to lick plastic, especially bags. Her favorite is drinking water from a 2 quart plastic pitcher. She will drink and drink and drink.

Beautiful cats you have there. It's very kind of you to take them in, especially the cable chewer. My parents once had a cat that loved to urinate on my gear. I have to admit I wasn't too distraught when he finally gave up the ghost.

One of our other male cat's named Stinky loves to lick and chew on plastic bags and loves rubber bands. All things that aren't good for him. When we got one of our dogs, Stinky got mad and urinated in a box with all my tax paperwork. It's a good thing I never got audited because the auditor would have been pissed haha.

Yeah , some of these shelters are a little over the top. People like yourself are “unworthy” , so they will put an animal to sleep instead.

The farting cat..... lol
We have a farting boxer. Try being intimate with your spouse , during the presence of a Dog Fart in the bedroom. THERE’S a test of love and endurance. Love our pets.
Our cat has a sixth sense: I don't care where the cat is in the house, when the wife and I get alone in the bedroom the cat knows it, and starts meowing like she has a mouse.

Both our cats are over do for rabies vac, my male is very timid , can't even pick him up. Is scared of his own shadow.Got both from shelter.Max the male was adopted twice ,but was brought back .Nobody gave him a chance.My avatar is Max.Does the Flintstone moble thing a lot , aside from the fact you can't pick him up and I have never had to give him meds, has to be one of the best cats I've had.Both indoor cats ,not going to have rabies.Thats interesting about the rabies shots ,never heard that

Back
Top Bottom