Red Wire Upcoming BigBox Cabs

I just freakin love the Basketweave-G12Ls-M7-CapEdge-2in. Applied to an preset that evolved from one called "Joe Bonamassa", which uses a Brit 800 and an OD2, it has a Santana kind of flavor.

j8stringer said:
With all there choices it is hard to pick 10 to load. (time to expand the number USER SLOTS Cliff, please?)

It's also getting really hard to remember what is loaded in there, I wish at least the AxeEdit would remember.

What would really be cool is if the AxeEdit remembered what IR was saved with a AxeEdit patch and reload it to that user slot.
Then just 10 user slots limit wouldn't feel so limited, and we wouldn't go crazy trying remember what was what.

Ditto , on the Axe-Edit remembering what's in the user slot or being able to change the cab name in the Axe. I actually had to audition cabs yesterday to figure out what I had copied in there a while ago. Now, I screen print the Axe Edit window and paste into Word...sad but true.

I keep notes on what's in there. Crude, clunky, but it works. I imagine at some point the editor's preset manager, where the cabinets are transferred, will remember what's in there too.

Mike. My old Mix IR link no longer works. I'm praying it's not gone for good because I'm really hoping to experiment some more.
Maybe a link could be added to the "My Stuff" page so logged in customers could have access.

randocaster said:
Mike. My old Mix IR link no longer works. I'm praying it's not gone for good because I'm really hoping to experiment some more.
Maybe a link could be added to the "My Stuff" page so logged in customers could have access.

That's the plan. We had to scrap the old authentication system, so I have to reprogram the mixIR. I loaded all the new cabs in yesterday. We'll get it back up next week, hopefully. Sorry for the hassle.

Scott Peterson said:
I keep notes on what's in there. Crude, clunky, but it works. I imagine at some point the editor's preset manager, where the cabinets are transferred, will remember what's in there too.

On my PC, I have created a directory called "currently used IRs".
It has only 10 files in it, numbered from 1-10.
eg:
"5. Basketweave-G12Ls-M7-CapEdge-2in.syx"

This is the only directory I upload my IRs from, to the AxeFX.
When I want to replace an existing IR by another one, I just delete the old one, place the new one in the folder and rename it by just adding the slot number as a prefix.
I then go through the usual procedure on AxeEdit to upload the 10 cab IRs to the Axe.

So, to remember which IR is which, I just have to double-click on the directory and I get my list of IRs from 1 to 10.
Easy!

haslar said:
Scott Peterson said:

On my PC, I have created a directory called "currently used IRs".
It has only 10 files in it, numbered from 1-10.
eg:
"5. Basketweave-G12Ls-M7-CapEdge-2in.syx"

This is the only directory I upload my IRs from, to the AxeFX.
When I want to replace an existing IR by another one, I just delete the old one, place the new one in the folder and rename it by just adding the slot number as a prefix.
I then go through the usual procedure on AxeEdit to upload the 10 cab IRs to the Axe.

So, to remember which IR is which, I just have to double-click on the directory and I get my list of IRs from 1 to 10.
Easy!

+1. That's the way I do it too.

I just keep a text file on my desktop and open it when editing. I actually like not looking sometimes. It can be interesting to find out that you've been using a MamaBear acoustic IR with screaming rectumfryer on 11 just before it.
:eek: Sounds good in stereo though.

Bought the new cabs last night and didn't have too much time to play with them yet, but very excited to see these new additions and new mics to boot. Like the changes on the site with the greyed out cabs to make it easy to see what I have and what must have, which is all of them. ;)

Thanks again, Mike! Look forward to the new mixer and anything else that comes up!

I use Lar's editor to keep track of what's in the 10 slots and still use it for uploading cabs as well. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the new editor, which I like, but just not comfortable with it yet.

redwire said:
randocaster said:

That's the plan. We had to scrap the old authentication system, so I have to reprogram the mixIR. I loaded all the new cabs in yesterday. We'll get it back up next week, hopefully. Sorry for the hassle.

No hassle whatsoever. Just glad it's still going to be available. I'm still on a PPC Mac, so the stand alone program is a no go for me.

Thanks.

Axisman5150 said:
I use Lar's editor to keep track of what's in the 10 slots and still use it for uploading cabs as well. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the new editor, which I like, but just not comfortable with it yet.
+1, and I also have a folder for my top ten IRs, plus another folder for the second bests

mortega76 said:
Which ones would you guys recommend for da brutalz?
Mesa 4x12 and Engl 4x12 PRO w/ V30s.

The Mesa has a more pronounced and articulate midrange, great for lead work, but also good for rhythm.
The ENGL is just sheer rawness and is great for the "in your face" thing. Just listen to Bullet Ride by In Flames, one of the best recorded tones with that cab (and with the 5150 and the RW ENGL I nailed it in the axe :mrgreen: ) -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrSkhiKPFyk

If you enjoy quad tracking, I also recommend the Marshall 4x12 with G12-T75 for the 3rd and 4th tracks, adds tonal variety on top of the V30s. The Bogner 4x12 Uberschall cab uses 2 of each actually =).

All in all, very well worth some $35 bucks for those 4.

I'm looking into some of the twins or the AC30 for classic rock and cleans though, will feed the convolvobot with some clips today and see which I like best.

Best,

Alex

Back
Top Bottom