Red Wire Upcoming BigBox Cabs

redwire said:
Ah, the wife. Yo entiendo. Just trickle them in, a couple a month. And tell her if you buy 20, you get a free pair of shoes. Just kidding I know women don't like shoes. Either that or try the tax write off thing. Works for me... sometimes.
Damn!!!! And you speak Spanish... now I have to get them! Gotta help out the crew from "El Barrio" holmes!!! hahahahaha

To be honest, I think 4$ per cab (which is where I am now) is a no-brainer.

My biggest complain is..... THERE IS NO IPHONE APP! :cool: :lol:

I like the Twin C12 a lot. :)
Using T-75 + 1960B V30 (stereo cab) for the Uberschall sim (mimicking the Uber cab).

Don't care as much for the Twin D120 and Engl.

Looking forward to the upcoming Greenback cabinets. And wishing for a Bogner ... (2x12 or 4x12).

Hard panning the two is a good idea, yek.

We're doing an Uberkab. It's a little different because when it comes to close mic'ing it's almost three cabinets in one. Our plan is to run through the mics/positions with the V30s, then do it again with the T-75s, then I'll make a composite mix of them both, which is not how it sounds in the real world, but I thought it might be cool. We'll see. We did some far-fields on that one a while back that we'll probably include, as well. Given the mismatched speaker configuration, they should be useful.

I bought the Twin C12N's, the D120's, Hiwatt Fanes, and the Thunderbolt. Amazing! The C12N's are very different from the stock Black 2x12's, and for my purposes, they are better. They are more scooped and have more chime! The Fanes are really excellent too and there is nothing among the stock cabs that do what they do. They make the Hiwatt models very smooth and powerful sounding. The Thunderbolt is also very cool. It has a funky midrange that I' loving for lofi type tones. A 15" speaker would be unusable for me live because of they are too beamy. But for a FRFR application, it works! I haven't played with the D120's yet.

I also love the Senn MD409's on everything. They are the perfect guitar mic cab and I lookforward to getting a 4x12 with Greenbacks IR with the MD409. That would be perfect!

I love the new website setup Mike! It's great being able to see what I've already bought and what the new stuff will cost. Very very nice.

p

mortega76 said:
Which ones would you guys recommend for da brutalz?

One word: ENGL

Tested some of my presets where I used different Marshall/Mesa (also redwirez) combinations and replaced some of the Mesa's with the ENGL and the R121.
Like it more than the Peavey cab but of course there simply wasn't enough time to really get into everything.

I played the original ENGL cab in studio on three of our albums and it's definitely one of my fave cabs together with Mesa and Bogner.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to put together a bunch of clips featuring different genres and amps for the next-generation ConvolvoBot! You'll still be able to try out different IRs with the new bot, but only using a limited number of existing clips.

So, if anyone has some short clips they'd like to share with the world, please PM me. Chord progressions from famous songs are ok, but no melodies unless they're your own, please. I'll need a "dry" cab-less clip and a processed clip for reference. If you have backing tracks (i.e. drums, bass) to go with them, even better. You'll get full credit on the site, if you want it. We'll throw in some cabinet IRs to sweeten the deal, too.

Thanks.

redwire said:
Hey guys,

I'm trying to put together a bunch of clips featuring different genres and amps for the next-generation ConvolvoBot! You'll still be able to try out different IRs with the new bot, but only using a limited number of existing clips.

So, if anyone has some short clips they'd like to share with the world, please PM me. Chord progressions from famous songs are ok, but no melodies unless they're your own, please. I'll need a "dry" cab-less clip and a processed clip for reference. If you have backing tracks (i.e. drums, bass) to go with them, even better. You'll get full credit on the site, if you want it. We'll throw in some cabinet IRs to sweeten the deal, too.

Thanks.
Heck yeah!!! I'm down... let me know which one of our tracks you like so I can re-record them with my latest patches (no cabs)... short clips if you'd like!

www.soundclick.com/pigweed

"A Moment In Time" would be cool. Nice heavy guitars. Love the transitions. It's different than the stuff I already have. If you're re-recording stuff anyway maybe you could do the verse, chorus and bridge. I'd like to get the backing tracks as well because I think it's useful for people to see how the drums and bass fill out the low-end. A lot of people expect the guitars to fill the whole spectrum and are disappointed (unnecessarily, IMO) when a cabinet doesn't do that for them, so it's good to show people how it'll fit in a mix.

It sounds like you might have quad-tracked, so I may have to create a leaner version with just two guitar tracks, if that's ok. I'll run it by you before I post it. If you feel I'm "chopping things up" too much, then we won't do it.

This will be more than just a static demo. People will actually be able to switch out cabs and mics, so we'll see how it works when I start switching things out.

Thanks.

redwire said:
"A Moment In Time" would be cool. Nice heavy guitars. Love the transitions. It's different than the stuff I already have. If you're re-recording stuff anyway maybe you could do the verse, chorus and bridge. I'd like to get the backing tracks as well because I think it's useful for people to see how the drums and bass fill out the low-end. A lot of people expect the guitars to fill the whole spectrum and are disappointed (unnecessarily, IMO) when a cabinet doesn't do that for them, so it's good to show people how it'll fit in a mix.

It sounds like you might have quad-tracked, so I may have to create a leaner version with just two guitar tracks, if that's ok. I'll run it by you before I post it. If you feel I'm "chopping things up" too much, then we won't do it.

This will be more than just a static demo. People will actually be able to switch out cabs and mics, so we'll see how it works when I start switching things out.

Thanks.
It woul be an honor to be showcased like that... I'll start working on that tonight and I'll upload the tracks as requested... Most of the tracks are only one left and one right guitar... Except for the ending... Then (if I remember correctly) it's a second set of guitar tracks with the same intro drive pedal bit with Wah...

redwire said:
Hey guys,

Thanks.

Mike,

This is a very (very) short clip that I posted on a recording forum from a song I'm in the process of mixing. It was done with your Greenback IR I believe. It will give you an idea of the sound I achieved with it.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8686079

redwire said:
Hey guys,

Awesome!!!! In the post where I suggested the fabulous "show me what I bought" feature, I was going to suggest this EXACT thing! It would be great if, for each cab, you could sample a few different samples in a few genres to see the effect of the cab. This would be fantastic!

Mark

Deltones said:
Mike,

This is a very (very) short clip that I posted on a recording forum from a song I'm in the process of mixing. It was done with your Greenback IR I believe. It will give you an idea of the sound I achieved with it.

Thanks. I like the tone you achieve. It's more of old-school metal sound. At this point, I have the metal and hard rock genres covered in spades. I need more blues, pop rock and clean stuff, though.

redwire said:
Deltones said:
Mike,

Thanks. I like the tone you achieve. It's more of old-school metal sound. At this point, I have the metal and hard rock genres covered in spades. I need more blues, pop rock and clean stuff, though.

No problem. I am indeed not a very big fan of modern metal sound, more of a 80's thrash-head as far a metal goes. By the way, I bought all of the new cabs last night. Can't wait to play around with the vintage ones like the Supro and the Twins. I see that your next project will include the Bassman and the Dual Showman. Can't wait.

I bought the ENGL, 5150 and the G12H. The ENGL rocks for da metal! REALLY good IR.

Haven't tried the others yet but one of my favorite cabs is a V30 with a G12H....oh man, this is gonna be fun!

-Mike

Thanks for the new cabs Mike! :D :D :D I got an assortment of the
new ones and have not had time to get to deep yet. The fanes are great
with the Highwatts and different enough from standards to be a stand-out
option. The D120f sounds great also. As a clean speaker I use it at the edge of
cap, about 3-4" back, for a very nice clean compression feel when you bear
down with your pick. All the Twin cabs!! mixing 55/45% (cab 1&2) of the P & C speaker types equals a great sounding blackface (air 65%, freq 1700-1850)
AND a g12h30, EVM, and a g12t-75, wow! :eek:

With all there choices it is hard to pick 10 to load. (time to expand the number USER SLOTS Cliff, please?)

What are other forum members finding as stand-out AMP & CAB pairs??

Back
Top Bottom