Red Wire Upcoming BigBox Cabs

knoll

Inspired
I just checked the list of upcoming Red Wire BigBox cabs.

I wish ENGL Pro 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s will be the first one available. That's one excellent cab for metal :twisted:. Any idea when it will be ready?

What upcoming BigBox cab would you like to get first?

knoll said:
I just checked the list of upcoming Red Wire BigBox cabs.

I wish ENGL Pro 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s will be the first one available. That's one excellent cab for metal :twisted:. Any idea when it will be ready?

What upcoming BigBox cab would you like to get first?

redwire said:
The Celestion G12H and the EVM12L will be done before the end of the year. We'll also most likely do a Celestion G12M Heritage (20 watt). According to the survey we sent out, that's what the people want.

Well it's past end of the year..... but that's what the survey indicated and I believe that's what Mike is doing.

:?

The far-fields really put us behind schedule. We've sampled most of the cabs on the upcoming list, but we have to make changes to the website to accommodate the new cabs. We're revamping the payment system. We'll start releasing the new cabs as soon as we finish the website changes. Soon, is all I can say :)

knoll said:
ENGL Pro 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s

I own such a cab and really love its sound, but unfortunately don't have the knowledge/time/experience to create good sounding IRs. Therefore I'm also keen on buying such IRs from Redwirez.

redwire said:
The far-fields really put us behind schedule. We've sampled most of the cabs on the upcoming list, but we have to make changes to the website to accommodate the new cabs. We're revamping the payment system. We'll start releasing the new cabs as soon as we finish the website changes. Soon, is all I can say :)

For FREEEEE ? For current Big Box owners...
14708d1249397516-animated-smilies-roflmao-good-free-safe-download-site-2.jpg

I remember it so that you get free IR updates and additions to cabs you already own but you have to buy new cabs. Bundle owners also need to buy new cabs to their bundle at discounted price.

knoll said:
I remember it so that you get free IR updates and additions to cabs you already own but you have to buy new cabs. Bundle owners also need to buy new cabs to their bundle at discounted price.
I know I know. I was just messing with Mike. :D

knoll said:
I wish ENGL Pro 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s will be the first one available.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's the Vintagers turn this time, remember? Metalheads have enough cabs as it is. Anyway, you really think your "chug chug chug horse whineeeee dive bomb" will sound any better with yet another V30 cab? :mrgreen:

Deltones said:
knoll said:
I wish ENGL Pro 4x12 with Celestion Vintage 30s will be the first one available.

Wrong, wrong, wrong. It's the Vintagers turn this time, remember? Metalheads have enough cabs as it is. Anyway, you really think your "chug chug chug horse whineeeee dive bomb" will sound any better with yet another V30 cab? :mrgreen:

I (whilst quietly chuckling away) tend to agree.
Isn't there already a plethora of "metal" V30 cab's out there? If these in overabundant supply aren't enough to provide a reasonable "metal" tone, something is seriously wrong, IMO.......

GuitarDojo said:
knoll said:
I know I know. I was just messing with Mike. :D
Lets see if he got confused enough to release those for freeeaaah :D

onebaldbloke said:
Deltones said:
knoll said:

I (whilst quietly chuckling away) tend to agree.
Isn't there already a plethora of "metal" V30 cab's out there? If these in overabundant supply aren't enough to provide a reasonable "metal" tone, something is seriously wrong, IMO.......
But it's the Engl Pro dude... with the V30s... chugga chugga bomb chug... :lol:

It's ok for me if vintagers get their cabs first. I'm a patient metalhead so I can wait.

What could be more "vintage" than a Vintage 30. We took the D120s out of our Fender Twin and slapped in a couple a Vintage 30s. Awesome. '75 Hiwatt SE4123 -- better with four Vintage 30s, let me tell you. That silly 15" Jensen in our Supro -- had to go -- threw in what else, a Vintage 30. Yeah we know it's a 12", but it has the balls of a 15" speaker :shock:

redwire said:
What could be more "vintage" than a Vintage 30.

No offense intended, but I don't know if this is a serious question or not!

The "Vintage 30" is just a relatively recent speaker with the word "Vintage" in it; though some young 'uns erroneously believe it is, it is not AFAIAA a re-issue of any previous Celestion speaker - the name is just a marketing ploy, in the same way that the word "rectifier" has been wrongly bandied about by those not knowing its real meaning.

The V30 is far from a "vintage" speaker.

It was a joke. :D I always thought the name was kind of ironic.

All the other stuff was true, though... uh... not really.

D20 said:
Does anyone know when they are going to release the next big box bundle?

From the first page:

redwire said:

redwire is Mike, the guy who is creating these amazing IR's.

:)

AndrewSimon said:
D20 said:
Does anyone know when they are going to release the next big box bundle?

From the first page:

redwire said:

redwire is Mike, the guy who is creating these amazing IR's.

:)

oooops! haha! sorry about. Thanks for the information! :D

redwire said:

I'm finding the far-fields very useful indeed and am glad you took the time to make them. I'm using an On-Axis-2m 1960A FF IR combined with a close mic'ed IR and am going FRFR with my RCF310a this weekend for the first time, so your hard work is appreciated.

I've got a setup that I can pan the cab sim to the RCF or without into a QSC900 into a Marshall 4x12, and I've been A/B'ing them and have gotten a very close sonic match between the two. I also had to add a PEQ (in Reaper) to the rendered IR to bring the cab sim closer to the 4x12. I must say your Reaper IR mixing project has proved to be a great help to get this done.

Thanks again Mike...

Back
Top Bottom