Recto Sound ? with FW14

kevrock

Experienced
So my recto sound has changed a lot with the new firmware. knew it would but my question is how do i get back to sounding close as it used to. now its just gassy and far back like a blanket over it. any ideas on what was changed I've tried all kinda stuff to get it back to the way it was thanks

I did that. Still can't come close to my old recto sound. It's like there's a blanket over my speakers. A thick one.

Your presets will likely not sound the same. First you should deselect and reselect the amp model. Then adjust BMT and Presence to get the desired tone.

This is the price of progress. I had a choice: leave the models as they were which were very accurate with all tone controls at noon (and Presence at some setting I can't remember) but increasingly inaccurate as the tone controls deviated from noon and deal with people complaining about the accuracy of the models; or update the models with accurate tone stacks and deal with people complaining their presets sound different.

I spent months working out the math for those tone stacks so I felt, in the name of accuracy, that changing the models was the correct course of action.

I'm sorry your presets sound different. In the end I believe you will end up with a superior tone if you just take a little time and dial it in.

Your presets will likely not sound the same. First you should deselect and reselect the amp model. Then adjust BMT and Presence to get the desired tone.

This is the price of progress. I had a choice: leave the models as they were which were very accurate with all tone controls at noon (and Presence at some setting I can't remember) but increasingly inaccurate as the tone controls deviated from noon and deal with people complaining about the accuracy of the models; or update the models with accurate tone stacks and deal with people complaining their presets sound different.

I spent months working out the math for those tone stacks so I felt, in the name of accuracy, that changing the models was the correct course of action.

I'm sorry your presets sound different. In the end I believe you will end up with a superior tone if you just take a little time and dial it in.

Thank you sir!

Cliff, would it be possible to add in the other Recto models like we had before?
This way everyone has their tone. I personally haven't spent too much time with these since the update, been stuck on the Savage!
But I personally had no issue with the older versions.

As Cliff said, it's going to take building a new preset but you will end up with a superior tone in the end.

Tonight, I did just that. I reworked my recto preset, and immediately I felt my tone was more flubby and was lacking presence compared to my original. I re-set the amp and went to work. 15 minutes later, I ended up with something that was probably even better than my original. If it helps, I had to raise the presence very slightly and I had to engage the cut button.

i selected another amp and then re-selected, then went to update all presets, and then turned up the presence since i had it almost all the way down because that's how it was in hi-cut mode in the old version. i then proceeded to simultaneously shit my pants while getting a boner because it sounded better than before. it was that easy.

this was scaringly classy :O

thanks

I will try deselecting and reselecting. I'm not complaining at all I know it will be better your updates always are. I'm just wondering how to achieve my old sound but better. Lol.
I know u have you shit together. I just watched the best Chicago hair metal cover band play he had a vh4 setup and it sounded awesome. And we talked and I told him I use a axe fx and he had heard of them but didn't know much about em. Lol. I think I sold one for u. Lol thanks again for all the info,updates etc. And thanks to the whole fractal community for all the help,knowledge, patience, and just general badassness that you all have to help people who use your product.

Please keep doing this :)
Complaining is human nature. Thanks for the firmware update.

What exactly does this do? I like most if my presets. Will this default everything? Will it deselect re select all my amps? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, afaik, it updates your presets to include the changes in the new updates, like adding the brightness param for example. Tbh, I never spend more than 5 mins dialling in a great tone if I have the right IR. Most people have to tweak and tweak because they don't choose the right impulse for the job, they just think that they do. If in doubt, just reselect the amp and start again.

Cliffs admissions of honesty make me want to cry like a little girl at times. I feel so safe knowing that there's a sweet balding guy somewhere in the US who loses sleep over making the axe sound the best that it can be. The man is my own guardian angel.

Wow, did that sound hokey? It's only 11am and I haven't started drinking yet. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom