Recto Sound ? with FW14

The recto models sounds like they should imho.
What ir are you using? Share you're preset so we can have a look.

i managed to correct my Recto presets with put the "Low Cut Freq" to 500Hz in ADV of AMP block and other things, it's good now.

I use some of the OH ir and some of my presets work great with Basketwave Mix + Thorn ir (non URIR).

I'm getting Cab Lab so i can convert the OH packs i have + getting the OH Mesa IR.
I'll also support TAF by buying Andy's cab pack. Just have to go trough what i have first.
I like options, so the FAS packs will arrive in my collection before summer i guess.

I haven't tried the new free TAF Mesa IR or Clark Kent's ir's yet.
If you don't find the right ir inside the Axe and don't have the means right now to get OH/TAF/FAS ir's, try these free options. I bet they would work great.

To cut the bottom end, gives more energy to the rest of the freq's to come trough, so that is good.
May not sound as massive, but the band would sound better. And you will hear yourself better and clearer in a mix (both live and recording)

I didn't see a presence knob on my recto block????

I had the same thought at first. I believe you need to reset the advanced params of the amp (select another amp model then back again), so that the Damping parameter can be reset to its new default of 0.01. I presume that just changing it to 0.01 would have the same effect.

Your presets will likely not sound the same. First you should deselect and reselect the amp model. Then adjust BMT and Presence to get the desired tone.

This is the price of progress. I had a choice: leave the models as they were which were very accurate with all tone controls at noon (and Presence at some setting I can't remember) but increasingly inaccurate as the tone controls deviated from noon and deal with people complaining about the accuracy of the models; or update the models with accurate tone stacks and deal with people complaining their presets sound different.

I spent months working out the math for those tone stacks so I felt, in the name of accuracy, that changing the models was the correct course of action.

I'm sorry your presets sound different. In the end I believe you will end up with a superior tone if you just take a little time and dial it in.

Did you have to rework the Recto tonestacks because of Mesa tonestacks in general, or was this something specific to the recto's? What I am wondering is, is this something you will need to do with the Mark series as well? Just curious.

Back
Top Bottom