Recabinet 2.0 Modern and Vintage - Out Now!

VegaBaby said:
Interesting...I guess I'll wait and see what's gonna happen here... ;)

+2. I was ready to buy tonight but think I'll hold off until this is resolved. I view Jay as an authority/expert in these matters. The Vox cab was one that I was particularly interested in.

Mesaholic said:
VegaBaby said:
Interesting...I guess I'll wait and see what's gonna happen here... ;)

+2. I was ready to buy tonight but think I'll hold off until this is resolved. I view Jay as an authority/expert in these matters. The Vox cab was one that I was particularly interested in.
Yep, if there's one expert with enough years of experience under his belt than it's Jay.

I bought these to use in other applications but it would sure help if Kazrog could make these more AXE-FX friendly. ;)

GuitarDojo said:
I bought these to use in other applications but it would sure help if Kazrog could make these more AXE-FX friendly. ;)
Getting rid of leading silence will make them more friendly to every possible use there is for them. When you convolve a recorded signal with one of them now, in addition to adding the cab sound, you're delaying that track by 7.5ms. That could cause problems under some circumstances in a multitrack recording.

Jay Mitchell said:
GuitarDojo said:
Getting rid of leading silence will make them more friendly to every possible use there is for them. When you convolve a recorded signal with one of them now, in addition to adding the cab sound, you're delaying that track by 7.5ms. That could cause problems under some circumstances in a multitrack recording.

Jay - if we wanted to do this ourselves, what would be required? Would it be better to edit the wav files?

Mesaholic said:
Jay - if we wanted to do this ourselves, what would be required? Would it be better to edit the wav files?
The demo package includes .wav versions of the files. All you need to do is open the file in an editor and delete everything prior to the beginning of the first spike in the response - which is really, really easy to identify - save the file, then use AlbertA's conversion utility to generate a .syx file from the .wav.

Jay Mitchell said:
Mesaholic said:
The demo package includes .wav versions of the files. All you need to do is open the file in an editor and delete everything prior to the beginning of the first spike in the response - which is really, really easy to identify - save the file, then use AlbertA's conversion utility to generate a .syx file from the .wav.

Thank you, sir.

Jay Mitchell said:
Mesaholic said:

Yeah I'm editing them right now. I'm going to see if I can't batch this somehow.

We will investigate the leading silence issue, and if it is determined that an update is necessary, we will issue one.

Nobody should have to "edit" our library, very sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you. :cool:

We're all learning a lot about this new and fast evolving technology. I would like to personally thank Jay for constantly sharing his advanced knowledge with us. It is a huge benefit for us all.
headbanger7hk.gif

randocaster said:
..... I would like to personally thank Jay for constantly sharing his advanced knowledge with us. It is a huge benefit for us all.

I agree wholeheartedly! When I saw the "thank Java" thread...I immediately wanted to do the same for Jay...but then I got caught up in thinking how many people really deserved thanks......I thought about doing a combined "thanks" thread, especially all the moderators...but didn't really want to leave anyone out......however, the guys in "green" really have been great! Thank you Jay...and the rest of you all!

Sorry for the slightly off topic post...

Shaloha said:
randocaster said:
..... I would like to personally thank Jay for constantly sharing his advanced knowledge with us. It is a huge benefit for us all.

I agree wholeheartedly! When I saw the "thank Java" thread...I immediately wanted to do the same for Jay...but then I got caught up in thinking how many people really deserved thanks......I thought about doing a combined "thanks" thread, especially all the moderators...but didn't really want to leave anyone out......however, the guys in "green" really have been great! Thank you Jay...and the rest of you all!

Sorry for the slightly off topic post...

Yes, Jay is definitely a HUGE assets to this forum and most appreciated.

javajunkie said:
Yes, Jay is definitely a HUGE assets to this forum and most appreciated.

+1!! He may have saved my life!!! I was using a ground lift (the ones you buy at Home Depot) which, as I learned from Jay, is very dangerous!!!

THANK YOU!!!! (and my family thanks you as well)

xpenno said:
Yeah, I did one cab/one mic in about 5 mins, not too bad but automating would be cool :)

Soundforge and the IR converter together can do a directory at a time. Good enough until it is fixed

So....how do these sound compared to the stock IR's? I haven't even gotten around to trying any USER IR's yet. I know there are a plethera of IR's around here. Any opinions from the IR experts on these?

Well, I just went through the Top Boost 2x12. Unfortunately the seems to be so colored by the amp they haven't worked well at all for me on the axe-fx.

I have a feeling it is going to be that way for all of them that were captured through the preamp. :(

I went through the vintage ones and the tangerine (the ones I intended to use). They only one that will work for me is green 4x12 w/ capture w/ 6l6 poweramp.

Oh well, at least I don't have to worry about removing the leading silence out on all of them.

Funny, I liked the "Top Boost 2x12" the most... :oops:
Pair it with "Class A" amp and there is some magic going on there.
I had high hopes for the Fender cabs but they sound too bright/thin to me.

I guess it's a matter of taste, anyway I'm sure I will find at least a few useful ones and that's worth the price for me.

;)

PS the "Top Boost 2x12" at 45 degree angle is the one I'm talking about.

:p

Back
Top Bottom