Recabinet 2.0 Modern and Vintage - Out Now!

Just one question Kazrog, when I first read about Recabinet, even before the 1st demo version was released, I remember that you gave a list of compatible applications. Not all convolution plugins were compatible, and if I remember well, you said that's because you developped your own method of capturing (or is it processing ?) IR ; is that true ?

fremen said:
Just one question Kazrog, when I first read about Recabinet, even before the 1st demo version was released, I remember that you gave a list of compatible applications. Not all convolution plugins were compatible, and if I remember well, you said that's because you developped your own method of capturing (or is it processing ?) IR ; is that true ?

We have our own capture and deconvolution process, which is obviously not something I can discuss in detail, but the incompatibility issues we had with some hosts initially were resolved before the 1.0 release during beta testing.

Kazrog said:
We have our own capture and deconvolution process, which is obviously not something I can discuss in detail, but the incompatibility issues we had with some hosts initially were resolved before the 1.0 release during beta testing.
I'm not asking for the details, as I probably wouldn't understand them, I just wanted that confirmation ;) Thanks
I hope that once the Axe issue will be resolved, you'll release another demo with other cabinets models, and the farfield mic
Regards,
fremen

fremen said:
Kazrog said:
I'm not asking for the details, as I probably wouldn't understand them, I just wanted that confirmation ;) Thanks
I hope that once the Axe issue will be resolved, you'll release another demo with other cabinets models, and the farfield mic
Regards,
fremen

Thanks!

Yes, we'll be issuing a new demo at the same time, with some more stuff to try out. Also, simultaneously with 2.01 we are issuing a 1.06 update to the 1.0 library, which fixes the phase reverse issue. :cool:

Kazrog said:
fremen said:
Kazrog said:
Regards,
fremen

Thanks!

Yes, we'll be issuing a new demo at the same time, with some more stuff to try out. Also, simultaneously with 2.01 we are issuing a 1.06 update to the 1.0 library, which fixes the phase reverse issue. :cool:
I phase-reversed them myself, but thanks for that too ;)
I also tried to edit your 2.0 impulses, removing the header before the spike and converted them to .syx. Couldn't hear any difference with the provided .syx, but that was just a quick A/B test with only one impulse

The 2.01, 1.06, and demo updates are forthcoming, most likely within the next 48 hours. I will post again once they are up on our server. Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions, input, and patience while we resolve this.

I just took a closer look at one of the IRs. If you zoom in on the leading portion, it becomes apparent that there is some periodicity in the leading "silence." If you do an FFT on just that portion of the IR, you'll see a response that looks very similar to that of the actual IR, but obviously at a much lower level. This indicates that the deconvolution algorithm is not entirely causal. It is adding nonphysical artifacts to the speaker's IR. If you examine these artifacts closely, it appears that the initial portion could be a highly attenuated, time-reversed and inverted, version of the actual IR. Mathematically speaking, you've got the attenuated odd extension about t=0 of the IR. There are a number of mathematical errors that could produce such artifacts. If the deconvolution is causal, the leading portion of the IR will contain only noise.

I realize that you consider your deconvolution routine to be proprietary and will therefore not divulge it, but what I am seeing would indicate that it is in need of further development. I suggest that you perform backup tests, employing a routine that is known to work with a robust excitation signal, to serve as a check in refining your technique to remove the acausality.

Kazrog said:
The 2.01, 1.06, and demo updates are forthcoming, most likely within the next 48 hours. I will post again once they are up on our server. Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions, input, and patience while we resolve this.

Hey Kazrog - Thanks for the update and thanks for your patience. ;)

Porkchop Xpress said:
I don't understand any of this!

:)
You should understand that the angle of the dangle is inversely proportional to the heat of the beat...

I'm getting all "exitated" just reading this thread!!! You definitely have to know your IR "theory" to be able to hang with Jay or you'll just end up an "acausality"... :p

This just goes to show how much we have to appreciate all the braniac's on this forum... Thanks Jay!!!!

Jay's explanation of how to make IR's reminds me of Doc Brown from "BACK TO THE FUTURE" when he explains the flux capacitor needs 1.21 giga watts to time travel!!

That's heavy Doc, I mean Jay! ;)

Definately appreciate the knowledge on this forum.

mortega76 said:
This just goes to show how much we have to appreciate all the braniac's on this forum...
Come to think of it, I did have a bran muffin with my coffee this morning.

Guess I'm just a regular guy after all. :lol:

Axisman5150 said:
Jay's explanation of how to make IR's reminds me of Doc Brown from "BACK TO THE FUTURE" when he explains the flux capacitor needs 1.21 giga watts to time travel!!

That's heavy Doc, I mean Jay! ;)

Definately appreciate the knowledge on this forum.
After some deductive reasoning and extensive reasearch I have found that its Jay's IR's that make time travel possible.
In the audible sense of course! ;)

Jay Mitchell said:
mortega76 said:
This just goes to show how much we have to appreciate all the braniac's on this forum...
Come to think of it, I did have a bran muffin with my coffee this morning.

Guess I'm just a regular guy after all. :lol:
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha good catch Jay!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that the 2.01, 1.06, and demo updates are all online now.

If you already own Recabinet Complete, Modern, or Vintage, you can get the free update on the download page of the appropriate members' area link for your product flavor, listed in the Software Updates section here:

http://recabi.net/site/support/

The Recabinet 2.01 Demo is here (with some extra IRs this time):
http://recabi.net/demo/Recabinet_2.01_Demo.zip

And obviously, if you decide to buy Recabinet, you'll gain access to the latest versions automatically in your receipt email. Enjoy, and of course let me know if you have any questions!

I checked out a few of the IRs, and the leading silence is reduced to an inconsequential length. FWIW, the "1960 4x12" farfield IR is reverse polarity. This could be due either to the amp driving the speakers or the speakers themselves, and it's not necessarily a problem, but IMO it is information that the user should be given.

Jay Mitchell said:
I checked out a few of the IRs, and the leading silence is reduced to an inconsequential length. FWIW, the "1960 4x12" farfield IR is reverse polarity. This could be due either to the amp driving the speakers or the speakers themselves, and it's not necessarily a problem, but IMO it is information that the user should be given.

Kazrog,
Many of us use 2 cabs at once so having some be reverse polarity is a problem.

Back
Top Bottom