Realistically, when??

Matt mentioned a few days ago that they were GOING to be Made in the USA.....

This is a big deal , if they are not waiting on all the parts from overseas it should speed up the freq of shipments quite a bit .

I am gonna say if you got on list in first few hours you will likely get an early christmas present

Last edited:
aVXQ8EM_700b.jpg
Nice lyrics. They should write a song with that.

I got on the waitlist the first day at roughly 9pm. Apparently I am quite a ways down the list so I'll be looking at several weeks AFTER initial shipments start. I'm guessing that means I'll be waiting 3-4 months to get one. I'll just keep my XL until then I guess and hopefully I can sell it quick when my name finally comes up.

I got on the waitlist the first day at roughly 9pm. Apparently I am quite a ways down the list so I'll be looking at several weeks AFTER initial shipments start. I'm guessing that means I'll be waiting 3-4 months to get one. I'll just keep my XL until then I guess and hopefully I can sell it quick when my name finally comes up.

Well, if you only have to wait a few weeks after they start shipping, which is supposed to be later this month, you shouldn't have to wait 3-4 months at all.

I would hope that FAS has learned a few things about launching their products. Knowing this product will be a hit right out of the gate, wouldn't it be cool if they would have had the forethought to just order massive amounts of units.

I can see it now... there are a few guys in a secret warehouse somewhere that have been loading firmware and testing units for the past few months.

I must be the only person on the waitlist who isn't super anxious to get mine :p. I have my Axe-Fx II which has served me well for a long time now. The AX8 will be super handy, but if it takes 4 months to get to my name on the list, that's fine. I have plenty of gigs, recording, practice and life to live in the meantime.

I would hope that FAS has learned a few things about launching their products. Knowing this product will be a hit right out of the gate, wouldn't it be cool if they would have had the forethought to just order massive amounts of units.

I can see it now... there are a few guys in a secret warehouse somewhere that have been loading firmware and testing units for the past few months.

I hope you're right, but the experience so far doesn't inspire confidence.

They aren't "ordering units". They are ordering components and assembling them here in the US. Hopefully they have been working on assembling units for a while and will have good supply to meet initial demand quicker than they have in the past. I have no way of knowing what the status is, but FAS has said that they are assembling units themselves, not having them made in China, or elsewhere.

Last minute changes to the firmware mean last minute changes to the manual. Getting the units assembled, manuals printed (why even provide printed manuals in this day), and firmware finalized and tested for the release must be a huge undertaking. I'd rather FAS take the time to get these details right than rush it out before it's ready.

They're probably writing the manual and preparing all the infrastructure stuff. You don't just put it in a box and send it out.

Back
Top Bottom