Realistically, when??

pat6969

Inspired
I'm new to Fractal but I absolutely love my AX2XL. Only thing I don't like is lugging around a floorboard and a rack case, along with a monitor. I really want the AX8 but I'm not made of cash so I have to sell the XL to fund the AX8. I got on the waitlist at 9:00PM on the 13th, when can I realistically expect the AX8? I realize only Cliff can answer that but I just don't want to sell the XL now if we're looking at 2, 3 or even 4 months before they start shipping.

Thanks,

Pat

I don't mind selling it and using something else for a little bit but I don't want to be without an Axe for months! Tough call I guess.

I guess it's tough to know where a guy is on the wait list and how many units will ship in the first batch.

if the past is any gauge, could be mid next year ;) I wouldn't hold my breath.

I wouldn't either.

On one hand, FAS has been through several product launches now. They should have a better handle on everything... better demand forecast, financially positioned to order large quantities and have more experience managing supply chain.

On the other hand, this might outsell the Axe-FX 10 to 1, so who knows? They could still get crushed by sheer demand.

10/4/15:

"Units should start shipping before end of month."

-Cliff

Should. Not will. And who knows how quickly they can be built, tested and shipped? I haven't been around long, but from my FX8 experience (thank goodness I didn't participate here and totally forgot about it), shipping will begin when units are ready. It's a waste of time and energy to speculate. Just as when the wait list would open.

I'm curious how this could be. According to the list..you received your reply after 9pm. I received mine at 5:30pm and I haven't received anything from Fractal yet? Or was this just a joke?

Wait.. you're joking too right? (mocking the concept of over-analysis of BS user-made unofficial waitlist... which will surely happen in future).

But if you're not joking.. where's that facepalm smiley?

Man, you guys are on hair-triggers! The winking smiley was meant to indicate that I was joking. Maybe I should have just rick-rolled you instead? :D
-
Austin

aVXQ8EM_700b.jpg

Man, you guys are on hair-triggers! The winking smiley was meant to indicate that I was joking. Maybe I should have just rick-rolled you instead? :D
-
Austin

Your joke was obvious, and funny! Cody's joke was funny too, but more subtle. But Cody didn't have a winky face so I don't know how to feel.

FAS has been through several product launches now. They should have a better handle on everything... They could still get crushed by sheer demand.

That's what I'm thinking. I think they will sell 100 times what they've been selling thus far. To have the timing of the new Line6 come out, and then offer a floor based Axe fX for $1,000 below the rack version, and only a slightly fewer capabilities? Wow - industry crusher for sure.

Like the scene in Jaws, "Umm M@, you're gonna need a bigger warehouse."

Back
Top Bottom