Ready for the Amp Show

Will the AX-8 allow two Amp models to be use in stereo?

I have a Helix coming imminently - and plan on getting the AX8 also, and I have been impressed with demos of the Helix running two amp models........

No. Cliff has stated before that it will run only one amp/cab at a time.

Ahh....thats disappointing! My favourite tones (with real amps as well as the FXII) are combining a nice Marshall style amp with a nice Fender style.........I think you can combine up to four amps on the Helix??? One mark against the FX8 then......maybe I will need to wait for the AX8-2 !!!

Helix can actually run 4 amps simultaneously, which lends itself to the whole "quantity vs quality" issue.

Back on topic: the amp show starts officially in 38 minutes. Let's see some more pics and videos! ;-)

Helix can actually run 4 amps simultaneously, which lends itself to the whole "quantity vs quality" issue.

Back on topic: the amp show starts officially in 38 minutes. Let's see some more pics and videos! ;-)

Subject to DSP limitations and Helix can use both DSPs for amps or effects as needed. Different coding can be more efficient too. All that matters at the end of the day is the right feel and tone. We'll all know soon enough.

All that matters at the end of the day is the right feel and tone. We'll all know soon enough.

Well, to be honest, when it comes to the AX-8 we already know. It'll be identical to the Axe-Fx II when it comes to feel and tone. No need to guess.

Back
Top Bottom