RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
RAC12 is all about speed & intuition for me also... By the time I'd mouse-clicked (or 'front-panelled') my way from Amp block Gain, to MV, to Trim, to Dynamics, to another page for Bass, Middle & Treble, and back again for less dynamics, and fwd for.... I'd totally lost the vibe & feel for what I was trying to improve/achieve... This was a constant source of frustration & I really could not get past it in any reasonable amount of time without a RAC12... Now, with Quantum, the results are pretty damn spectacular I have to say...

Ok, now the easy bit ;) for the next gen just add...
1. scribble strips so we can see what each knob represents as we change page...
2. Assignable foot-switch i/o (1/4" jacks - or midi learn?) so that we can inc/dec values by foot.. (Imagine scrolling through cabs by foot while continuing to play, dialling delay repeats, levels, etc, etc, etc...)

Oh look, youve just beaten Helix at their own game! :encouragement:

The RAC12 is daisy-chain-able... get another one!
In a perfect world (aka: I have lot of money) the dream is 4 RAC12: 1 ready for amp; 1 ready for cabs; 1 ready for drive block; 1 ready for reverb or delay or EQ
all labeled and ready for on-the-fly tweacking (even on stage!)

The only limit to me is the no-on-line refresh in Axe Edit (seems due some non standard midi code sended from the Axe via the usb link).
A stupid workaround I've found is: push SAVE on RAC12 then upANDdown the patch on Axe Edit... and the changes made in RAC12 are in Axe Edit too

The RAC12 is daisy-chain-able... get another one!
In a perfect world (aka: I have lot of money) the dream is 4 RAC12: 1 ready for amp; 1 ready for cabs; 1 ready for drive block; 1 ready for reverb or delay or EQ
all labeled and ready for on-the-fly tweacking (even on stage!)

OMG almost €2k on a bank of blank twisty dials??? What an obscene idea ....I love it :devilish:
(...I obviously jest here)

Last edited:
Here are some Rig pictures with my RAC12. I love this unit and use it all the time!

The first day I got it I plugged in a 5 pin MIDI cable that I thought had all 5 pins wired but I was wrong. After emailing support and describing my situation they responded very quickly and told me that it was my MIDI cable. They were right. Once I got a 5 pin MIDI cable with all 5 pins wired it worked perfect!!

Being able to make these quick edits on the fly is just so great! And then being able to customize your pages and layout is amazing. I have all of the knobs to the right of the screen set to pull up different pages with a single push. This works super well for me because I like to jump around, having to scroll to a page or use buttons to move up and down through the pages doesn't work for me. The flexibility is amazing!

2e92311b203a882d64632937f8da147a.jpg

02b5fa2171e8e5aa88bd4f4155413d8d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thank you guy for these great pictures. They will be shared on our fb page.
It seems you have changed your knobs model. They are fun, what is this new item?

Last edited:
Thank you guy for these great pictures. They will be shared on our fb page.
It seems you have changed your knobs model. They are fun, what is this new one item?

Thanks!! [emoji4]

Yeah, I changed the knobs. I just like the look of the black metal knobs better than the "plexi" style knobs, always have.

Sorry I don't quite understand your question. Happy to answer if I can ;)

Thanks again for such an awesome product! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok Here is a good one. Not. I boot up the rac. Everything works fine. I shift a few presets, then by the drive display instead of a number I get "face melt" . Then shift to the next preset and the drive display shows the correct number but the font is half size. The drive control dial now will not work. All the other dials work fine. I reboot the rac and all is well until I shift a few presets. Then "face melt" comes back and I am back to not working again. The presets which bring up the "face melt" are random as I deleted one of them, and it came back elsewhere. Has anyone had this before. It was fine before I changed to Quantum.
Thanks
Gary

Mine is ordered and I can't wait to get it!!

Question...and I am only about half way through reading this very long thread [emoji6] so maybe it was already brought up...can you set one of the knobs to tempo? And have the tempo displayed on the Rac12 screen and be able to turn the knob to adjust the tempo?

I'm not really interested in taping the tempo in on the Rac12, I can do that on my MFC-101, I just want to be able to see the tempo and make manual adjustments when necessary.

Thanks!!
Hi Johnny,
I'm implementing this request in upcoming firmware :)

By the way, i think a tap tempo function could be useful... But how do you see the future function, just like a regular knob function, i mean turning it like you would turn the bass knob ? And it would adjust the tempo one bpm at a time ?

Hi Johnny,
I'm implementing this request in upcoming firmware :)

By the way, i think a tap tempo function could be useful... But how do you see the future function, just like a regular knob function, i mean turning it like you would turn the bass knob ? And it would adjust the tempo one bpm at a time ?

Yes, I would like to see it as a regular knob function like you mentioned. I would like to be able to read the tempo on the screen just like you can read any of the other parameters on the screen. Thanks for considering my request and implementing it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom