RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any news about the Windows 10 problem?
Hi,
I've downloaded a windows 10 virtual machine from Microsoft themselves, it looks like a Windows 10 64 bit edition though.
Then i've run Rac12Edit.exe 1.3.5 directly downloaded from our website and it worked.
It even recognized the RAC12 without installing its driver...
So if i can't reproduce the problem, i'll have hard times fixing it :(

Thanks for investigating this, but it's still very strange, I tried it with meanwhile 5 different computers with Win 10 64 bit (one of them was a fresh & clean install). It's always the same. Rac12Edit first downloads the configuration from the Rac12, but after that the software does not response anymore.

Ok so it appears it's a data transfer problem. Did you install the RAC12 drivers on your win10 ? If so, please try to desinstall them, it worked for me

Unfortunately this didn't work.
Installed a clean Windows 10, attached the RAC12. A driver was automatically installed but the problem remained the same.

Last edited:
What are the differences between my "original" RAC12 and the latest version?? Anything I need to consider as an important upgrade to the extent that its worth me trading up??

I'm still also having the Windows 10 issue.

Not sure if this helps or not, but when an update is available for the RAC12 the editor will install it and then become fully functional. Once it's closed though it will freeze up when I try to re-open it.

So it's probably a compatibility setting set on the system, can you try different compatibility options ? or maybe it's the win10 integrated antivirus that blocks something, maybe try disabling it ?

So it's probably a compatibility setting set on the system, can you try different compatibility options ? or maybe it's the win10 integrated antivirus that blocks something, maybe try disabling it ?

If I disable Windows Defender and turn off all compatibility settings it appears to work.

Edit: It worked the first two times I opened the editor, the third time it just froze.

Good, what if you only disable Windows Defender ?

Regardless of Windows Defender or compatibility setting it just freezes up for me now. However....

If I disable 'Read Configuration On Startup' the editor works fine. I can change the parameters and send configurations to the RAC12 no problem. It's only when I press Get Configuration that it freezes up.

I already tried every possible compatibility settings combination, but had no success. It's interesting that vairish had it working a few times. It never worked here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom