question about amp eq...v11

simeon

Axe-Master
the existing amp eq (v10) is 8 band. when resetting the amp block after updating to v11, the eq defaults to 7 band. how is this change handled?

and with the boogie models it defaults to 5 band. i guess i will i lose my 8 band eq curve?

ta

sim

Last edited:
I'd go ahead and backup everything, then maybe writing down on paper all your favorite EQ curves in your favorite patches, just in case nothing is saved on its own.

Oh yes, 8 band mode is still available, but the frequencies have changed.
It had been 63, 125, 250, 500, 1k, 2k, 4k, 8k
and now it's 80, 160, 320, 640, 1250, 2500, 5000 and 10k.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't see a way to change the number of bands from the front panel. Is it possible? I can do it through AE. And I love this new feature Cliff! I mentioned a few times in the past how I thought the band freqeuncies were kind of odd for a guitar, missing that range between 500 and 1k. This is a great new feature for me.

I mentioned a few times in the past how I thought the band freqeuncies were kind of odd for a guitar, missing that range between 500 and 1k. This is a great new feature for me.

Of course, that range between 500 and 1K is one octave, exactly same as the range from 100 to 200, and same as 4000 to 8000. ;)

The path to my tone is paved with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

(extra points if you can guess where the quote is from)

Ignore the listed frequencies. I forgot to declare the strings as static and it linked the text from the GEQ blocks. I'll fix that for the next release.

The path to my tone is paved with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

(extra points if you can guess where the quote is from)

Captain Lionheart: You lucky bastard. Felt the wind in your hair.
Baldrick: Thank you Sir (or something like that)

Last edited:

I don't like the new Eq Frequencies on the 8 band eq so I'm back using a GEQ block after the amp. I do like the Boogie 5 band eq for the Mesa Mk series.

I don't like the new Eq Frequencies on the 8 band eq so I'm back using a GEQ block after the amp. I do like the Boogie 5 band eq for the Mesa Mk series.

Interesting, especially considering what Cliff posted a couple posts up.

Sorry, I'm not on the forum that much and since I use my iPhone, I sometimes don't check previous post.
But I found that I prefer a 10 band rather than 8 since I've been using 10 band eq's for years to shape my post distortion sound. I use the same curve most of the times.
I can also have the curve saved as a global so I don't have to re do it every time I'm making a patch .

Ignore the listed frequencies. I forgot to declare the strings as static and it linked the text from the GEQ blocks. I'll fix that for the next release.

Will the frequencies for the 8 band EQ then be the same as they were on v10? Those frequencies were more useful for than what is listed for the 8 band now.

I was wondering the same thing, if the 8 band frequencies are different in the newly released fw11 or if the only thing wrong is the text/labeling

Back
Top Bottom