Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TkYVQWK.png

Imagine if you where a HELIX fan.

It takes only one guy like FarleyUK to make a mess. Everytime there is one, damn.

Thanks a lot for the update info. I am a former kemper user (had it for 5 years) and it was really upseting not to get notified about some stuff. So much secrecy (for example about kemper editor) does more harm than good i think. I am gladder now that i sold Kemper and bought AX8.

It's going to be a few weeks. I've got a few other things that take priority right now but then I'll get onto this.

It's my 40th on June 15th, any chance of....

ah, I'm messing!, it comes when it comes.

You got a lot on, thanks for the update

Guys, really - come on. I'm sure I'll love Q10, and I am really looking forward to it, but be adults - it will be released when it's released. You're acting like spoiled kids; "are we there yet???" Be glad that we're still getting updates at all.

I don't know what Cliff Chase is recovering from, but I am sure I would focus on my recovery as well, rather than cater to some guys on a forum crying out for a firmware update.

Shut up, play your guitar and stop being ungrateful! We should all be thankful he has given us a update and looks like we will be getting a update to a already awesome unit soon!

Woah Woah Woah, calm down sunshine - I think the sarcasm must have passed you by. Hopefully so, anyway.

And to everyone else thinking I was serious - I really wasn't. I'm stoked we're getting a version of q10.

So please - chill out, get off your high horses and calm down. I still love the AX8 (heaven forbid someone says anything negative!).

Woah Woah Woah, calm down sunshine - I think the sarcasm must have passed you by. Hopefully so, anyway.

And to everyone else thinking I was serious - I really wasn't. I'm stoked we're getting a version of q10.

So please - chill out, get off your high horses and calm down. I still love the AX8 (heaven forbid someone says anything negative!).

Don't worry, buddy, I think most of us got it.

After an unintentional hiatus of several months away from my AX8 and any guitar playing, I picked it back up yesterday (have a gig in June).

I have to say, I personally have no need for amp modeling improvements in future firmware updates. It just sounds so good with 9.04. I’d love to see some longstanding minor bugs squashed before firmware updates on the AX8 get sunset.

Oh and I have some nasty blisters on my fingers now. Whoops.

I'm also just playing through an AX8 for the first time in a long while...wow, 9.04 sounds amazing. I've got two other modelers sitting next to me right now and neither of them really wowed me like this one for sheer lovely tones. Just have an 800 going through a stock 4x12 Marshall cab and the volume down about halfway and hearing the clarity of the attack and kind of the weight of the low strings and sustain is just great.

After an unintentional hiatus of several months away from my AX8 and any guitar playing, I picked it back up yesterday (have a gig in June).

I have to say, I personally have no need for amp modeling improvements in future firmware updates. It just sounds so good with 9.04. I’d love to see some longstanding minor bugs squashed before firmware updates on the AX8 get sunset.

Oh and I have some nasty blisters on my fingers now. Whoops.
Good to see you back :)

Appreciative of Cliffs update. Looks like he'll be too busy raking in phat stacks of cash shipping out new III units. What a great problem to have! Congrats FAS

Forgive my ignorance, but what did Q10 add to the FXII? The release notes say this:
Incorporated some of the “Ares” modeling from the Axe-Fx III.

But I really have no idea what that mean.

Forgive my ignorance, but what did Q10 add to the FXII? The release notes say this:

guessing it means that some of the magic in the next level developed amp sim code of AFX3 have been incorporated to the AFX2. And the saucy algorithms are still kept secret, in other words... "something" in there have been improved, according to Fractal :)

Great to hear this will also find its way to the AX8!

Improved modelling and three new amp models (Plexi 2204, Friedman BE 2018 and c45)

You mean imagine if you were a fan of the flagship product for a modeling company that is backed by one of the largest companies in the MI field? And you meant that as a dig? And even worse, you posted it on the forum of a product that is just 2.5 years old, but who’s updates have slowed to a crawl. And only a few posts behind the owner of the company who just indicated that the update will be coming in a few weeks because there were more pressing things on their plate (understandably so, but he just basically told you that the AX8 is on the back burner)

That’s is one hell of a troll fail right there.

That being said. I know you are known for your trolling on TGP, so maybe just keep it over there. I for one am very much interested in discussing my AX8 here, so let's just keep our eyes on the product at hand. Thanks so much.
slow down cupcake, your mind is working backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom