PSA ----> AXE-FEST 2012 WEST COAST - Oct 6th-7th!

cobbler

Fractal Fanatic
4 weeks until the Axe Fest! Preparations are feverishly being made. More and more interest is being shown by artists and Hollywood professionals to join the ranks and share their knowledge and experience with the Axe-Fx.

I encourage those of you who haven’t re-registered to do so shortly and anyone on the fence to find a way to make it.

We have reached out to quite a few persons and asked for assistance in order to pull this off in such short notice. I have to tell you, it’s really heartwarming to be a part of this endeavor. So many volunteering and heading our way on their dimes to help out and rub elbows with us fellow enthusiasts is something you don’t see a lot of these days. It says a great deal about our community here and getting to meet so many of you is going to be tremendous.

Post your comments and let’s keep the word alive.

4 weeks and counting….

I have to agree with you Cobbler. I have seen a side of guys on the forum that wasn't exposed until we became real. Screen names begin to have voices. Then voices have a face and personality. I honestly can say I already have several new friends and even met guys I am getting to jam with because of this event. <-thx ratsgym! And it is only starting. Every guy who we have reached out to has been 100% awesome. Yes, it is just an awesome feeling to have people ask if how they can help in literally ever endeavor we have been confronted with. Some even suggesting things that we would have never thought of.

I think that our input, questions, responses and the synergy of this event will actually show up in upcoming firmware revisions. We know Cliff cares about this black box like it is his own child. What better way to get solid feedback then to be participating with us in a setting like this.

I for one cannot wait to be a part of AXE FEST WEST 2012! Some serious surprises are in store for everyone!!

Thanks to Fractal, Cliff and huge KUDOS to Matt Picone!!! He has been all over this with us. No wonder the pros all bring him on board. Mr. "Makithappin" himself

CHEERS!!

I can't wait. Let me know if you need any help, I'll pitch in wherever. Thanks guys for making this happen. I'm so glad I made this decision to travel from Arizona. I think Groovenut and my only decision yet is to either come out Friday or drive down about 1am on Saturday.

You and Lawrence should try to drive out Friday Scott. You guys will need some rest after that drive so you can have some focus on Saturday. (like we are going to get rest)...

I can't wait. Let me know if you need any help, I'll pitch in wherever. Thanks guys for making this happen. I'm so glad I made this decision to travel from Arizona. I think Groovenut and my only decision yet is to either come out Friday or drive down about 1am on Saturday.

I would definitely recommend you come on Friday and try to leave as late as possible on Sunday. Our schedule is ever evolving and will be a moving target right up to the 6th due to increased involvement and schedules of some of the surprise guests.

Sounds like a plan. We are coming back Monday so we will have plenty of time to hang with you guys. Yeah, I don't think that we are going to get much rest, at least I hope not...;-)

Wishing I lived on the West Coast right about now :(

Maybe someday an east coast Axe Fest would be possible!!

....sounds like it will be an amazing get together. Can't wait to hear and see some stuff from this event!

Hey there Sammetal91, I see that you are local guy. Welcome!!
But seriously, A small????? LOL
Yep I'm a local dude to South Cali. Yes I'm serious. :lol if I post a picture, you guys would immediately see my scrawnyness. It doesn't help that I weigh 100 pounds either. Yes that light. I think I might post one and reveal my true form... Sometime. :mrgreen

I tried to respond to the personal email regarding this event but Kerry Lehrbass (Kerrlehr) PM box is full so it could not be sent...

Last edited:
I was on the fence because I'm not a pro or a shredder, but signed up anyway! :mrgreen

No way would I pass this up, who needs anyway pride anyway...This is the Axe!!!

I'm a total Axe fanatic so this is a must for me......

I was on the fence because I'm not a pro or a shredder, but signed up anyway! :mrgreen

No way would I pass this up, who needs anyway pride anyway...This is the Axe!!!

I'm a total Axe fanatic so this is a must for me......

Being a pro or a shredder is most definitely NOT a requirement. If it were I would be the very first to excuse myself. :) In fact, there are only two requirements. Your time and the small nominal fee we have to charge.

This event is not being geared towards any particular level of use. We are confident that beginners and advanced users alike will benefit from the exposure. I have said it before and I will say it again.

There is no better community on the internet where the sharing of knowledge is so prevalent. If you show a little respect and project yourself with just a little civility you WILL be helped and those provifing it will range from fellow beginners to professionals in the industry.

IT IS and WILL CONTINUE to be the foundation of this event.

Oh, can the guests still bring their own guitar/gear? Not sure if anything changed as this was not addressed in the announcements.

I would definitely recommend you come on Friday and try to leave as late as possible on Sunday. Our schedule is ever evolving and will be a moving target right up to the 6th due to increased involvement and schedules of some of the surprise guests.

Called back airtel plaza, and booked Friday as well. Well probably be in around 6pm. If any one wants to meet up Friday night that would be great.

Back
Top Bottom