PRS NGD

johnrobbfl

Inspired
Hey guys - sold my Les Paul and then this evil beast caught my eye. It's pretty spectacular so I had to share.

Works very well with the Axe-Fx, except the pickups are so hot that I have to adjust all my presets so they don't clip (other PRS has a JB in it).

64bb833ec2421103179bc23c67ccd009.jpg

751dad266a1120db967deb2d15c8dd61.jpg

6ad0be4c41b59dfb27bd0e1f4007ad61.jpg

19b3fb1ee57f34ae646a486c3b4aad4b.jpg

fc93e95757bf8e2ff325e6121a672db0.jpg

Thanks - love the quilt!

It's an ebony board with the new \Metal/ pickups. Sounds great so far, very smooth.

the metal pickups are supposed to be pretty good all around, not just for metal, haha. Kind of like a re-voiced Tremonti. I have 57/08's :)

PRS' are the smoothest playing guitar in terms of tone and playability. I love mine, I'm sure you'll be satisfied with yours for a long time!

I've wanted 57/08's in my regular Custom 24 for a while now - I very much like them!!

With so much virtual gain on tap with the Axe-Fx that I don't really need super high-output pickups, so 57/08's could be in my future.

I was immediately impressed with the \Metals/ on my clean preset - very open.

Not often see floyd on a PRS, was that original?
If those guitars came with HSS configuration Id buy one in an heartbeat

That Floyd caught my eye immediately as well. I don't know what I've seen one one PRS previously.

Ditto on the HSS config. I have gear lust for the PRS 513 for that reason.

Not often see floyd on a PRS, was that original?

They launched a Custom 24 Floyd last year. Comes with a satin-finished / unfinished neck, new \Metal/ pickups, ebony board and of course an Original Floyd Rose.

Big fan of CU 24's played one for years, great score and nice top! hit the input trim on your presets that should help out with the overly hot pup, never was a fan of the HFS type pickups.

You should check out the tones and the PRS magic they have put in the pickup switching. I won't say it sounds like a strat neck pickup, but the range of tones with the 5 way blade and these pickups seems to be much better / broader than the rotary selector on my other one.

That's a great looking guitar!

I adore my Custom 24. Simply the best guitar I've ever owned and so versatile. They've really worked wonders with the split coil positions and are very usable. Not the most versatile guitar I've got, but that's my own fault for owning a 513 ;)

hit the input trim on your presets that should help out with the overly hot pup, never was a fan of the HFS type pickups.

I just adjusted the input level from the I/O as opposed to editing my presets, I assume that's best practice to get the adjustment set accurately??

I just adjusted the input level from the I/O as opposed to editing my presets, I assume that's best practice to get the adjustment set accurately??

I'm not an expert on this, but I think that SixString was trying to say that you should lower the input trim on your presets if you want your pickups to perform like they have less output. I'm not sure if the I/O has the same affect... I don't think it does.

I see - I don't want to adjust anything to limit the output of my pickups, just prevent clipping.

The I/O adjustment, I believe, does not effect the gain stage and is simply a level setting control.

Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom