PRS NGD

Within the next month or so I'm picking up a Floyd PRS as well, I plyed a few in the GC Times Square store and they are phenomenal.

You should check out the tones and the PRS magic they have put in the pickup switching. I won't say it sounds like a strat neck pickup, but the range of tones with the 5 way blade and these pickups seems to be much better / broader than the rotary selector on my other one.

Ahaa... Thanks for the tip. Should do that

I see - I don't want to adjust anything to limit the output of my pickups, just prevent clipping.

The I/O adjustment, I believe, does not effect the gain stage and is simply a level setting control.

Thanks!!

Ah, When you mentioned HOT I thought you were talking about the how the pickup reacted with the amp sim.

Nice, I want one of the new P245's, and a Custom 24, both in purple. I'm hoping I'll be able to get an SE Custom 24 "30th" in the Amethyst this year. I have an SE Singlecut I absolutly love. In fact, my wife once said that she worried that if I ever figured out how to have sex with it, I wouldn't need her anymore. lol

Nice, I want one of the new P245's, and a Custom 24, both in purple. I'm hoping I'll be able to get an SE Custom 24 "30th" in the Amethyst this year. I have an SE Singlecut I absolutly love. In fact, my wife once said that she worried that if I ever figured out how to have sex with it, I wouldn't need her anymore. lol
How's her cooking?

Ah, When you mentioned HOT I thought you were talking about the how the pickup reacted with the amp sim.

So I finally had some extended time to play with the new toy today and I think your idea of adjusting the input trim is a good one - those pickups are really freaking hot and change the character of my presets. They seem angry now :)

I'm probably going to end up swapping out the pickups for a JB / '59 set (I have a JB in my other PRS and really like it) or put PRS 57/08's in it. Logic tells me to stick with the Duncan's since that's what in my other guitar so I'll probably end up doing that, although the 57/08's sound amazing.

Thanks for the info about the input-trim!

awesome guitar ! ....any chance of a clip so we can hear how she sounds ? :eagerness:

I'll try to do something but my playing might make you decide to sell your Axe-Fx and any PRS you may have ;)

I haven't recorded anything with my main Friedman HBE preset yet, curious how it will sound in a mix.

So the previous owner of this PRS set it up with "hybrid 9's" - so 9 - 46. I don't normally like that gauge, and have 10's on my CU24, but I'm finding that I do like them with the Floyd. If it wasn't such a pain to swap back and forth I'd probably do some experimenting, but for now I'm going to stick with them and see how it works out.

I do pull the strings off the neck from time to time, and that never happens on the other one, but I'm sure once I get accustomed to the tension difference that will stop.

I also noticed the pickups were really close to the strings (less than 1/8") and after lowering them to a normal distance they really sound good and work great with the Axe-Fx.

Overall, I am very very happy with the guitar and it looks freaking amazing.

\m/

Back
Top Bottom