Preview: Tape Delay Emulation upcoming in Firmware 3.05

It is badass. By far the favorite delay I've ever gotten from any Axe-FX. I happy like a pig in ****. Good ****. :D

Yeah, very retro sci-fi. Cool to hear you turning the knobs to control it - can't wait to check it out.

brilliant!

can one of the beta testers do me an example of the delay time modulated by the sequencer, so that the pitch goes up one octave, back to original, down one octave, back to original, etc with each shift occurring every 2 beats? i'd love to hear that....

sim

Fans of Boston's first album will purchase the AxeFxII just for this feature alone!
I could so totally make a first-class hyperspace pedal with this. I'd even build a rig to pivot my footpedal around an axis perpendicular to the floor just to adjust a potentiometer for the third degree of control needed (pivot for delay time like his Echoplex version, standard pedal pot for feedback, toe switch to engage/disengage the filter in the feedback loop). Or I'd use a second pedal, or rig up a heel switch for feedback and use the pedal pot for delay.

$hit... I just don't have time to reprogram a II from scratch. This is really frustrating. No way can this be done on the Ultra.

I just don't have time to reprogram a II from scratch. This is really frustrating. No way can this be done on the Ultra.

You'd program the II so fast that looking back at your statement here, you'll chuckle.

I'm not kidding you either. This box is not the Ultra or Standard. In so many ways.

+2 on the reprogramming. I spend so little time chasing the dragon on the II. I go from one good sound to another almost effortlessly.

That new tape delay sounds amazing. I've been hoping that the effects would get a little love and this is more than a little. This looks like getting a new $400 pedal for nothing. It looks like Axe world is about to get a lot more atmospheric.

I've never played with an actual tape delay ever and can't wait! Thanks for posting and congrats for the accomplishment Fractal Audio team!

Back
Top Bottom