Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

Actually you are right. aligning the knobs with the control positions is a really good change.
And perhaps you are right, I guess im just old but I love separate volume, treble, mid, bass, presence etc knobs :)

I doubt that many Axe users would see what you're seeing. While the AX8 had some questionable UI choices (including those largely unused separate controls), the rack Axe-FX has always been clear and easy to use. This new color screen, going to the industry standard of aligning the knobs with the control positions on the screen and adding push controls make this as good as anything out there.

It's nearly as big as an amp head. Cliff has outdone himself on integration, design, etc.. I am full of wonder:
Wonder what it weighs; wonder if inputs are patch assignable; wonder how USB and physical/virtual routing integrates into a live rig with Ableton, DAW running tracks, etc; wonder if knobs can be global user-assignable to any parameter and how that works in a live situation; wonder if new foot switches "speak" full library of midi and if they're as configurable/programmable as a Gordius; wonder why the auto-switch feature is selling the idea of physical plug/unplug to tune your guitar and on and on.

Blowing everyone's hair back with images and feature list is fun, but I would recommend Fractal or a forum member do a specific post of un-granted forum wish list items to date and which are addressed with this unit. That would be a useful tool to help forum veterans assess the unit.

Appears to be an actual pic. of the III.

6e8414affb5bdfec3ecadcf71e493321.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all, new user here with my first post. Although I've been lurking for ages, I joined just yesterday because I want to join the Fractal family. I was about to order an Axe-FX II XL+ at the reduced price but given today's news I'll gladly wait for the Axe-FX III, despite the extra cost.

Architecturally it's great to see that the graphics display and USB traffic have been offloaded to dedicated processors, leaving the two DSP processors 100% dedicated to audio processing. I know the TigerSHARCs were absolute beasts, but does anyone know how the new TI Keystone DSPs compare to the TigerSHARCS in terms of raw processing power?

@yek amp guide needs to become a part of the official manual for this. If there's new amps (which I can only assume there will be) get the guy one of these, pronto.

LOL.

I was more than halfway done updating the current guide and its accompanying presets. Now, with all the new stock cabs (all the current cabs in the II + 2048 new stock cabs!) I'll have to start over. :)

Concerning the new reverbs, are these algorithms different/better than what's in FAS-FX Reveb? If so, will they be ported to that program?

Back
Top Bottom