Presenting... The Axe-Fx III

The specs look great.. On the waitlist.... Is there are projected date to ship the foot controllers? Is there an approx cost of the controllers? I have been putting $ aside just for this event. Too soon to tell... but I think the Axe FX II will be the gig rig or take it to work.. Just can't see myself parting with it... Too much time spent with the old girl....

Hi all, new user here with my first post. Although I've been lurking for ages, I joined just yesterday because I want to join the Fractal family. I was about to order an Axe-FX II XL+ at the reduced price but given today's news I'll gladly wait for the Axe-FX III, despite the extra cost.

Architecturally it's great to see that the graphics display and USB traffic have been offloaded to dedicated processors, leaving the two DSP processors 100% dedicated to audio processing. I know the TigerSHARCs were absolute beasts, but does anyone know how the new TI Keystone DSPs compare to the TigerSHARCS in terms of raw processing power?

At the very least 2x higher performance PER core:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/new-ti-multicore-dsps.46281/
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/dsp-chips-wondering.95440/#post-1142783

o to the m to the g I just woke up and a friend sent me the news. It better sound like amp in the room have ir modeling and come with Petruccis hands attached!

More about the problem with 3U.
One of the bigger reasons why I like the Axe FX over a traditional tube amp is the size in comparison to the amp it models.
If it's as big as a tube head, no points for that.

It's still lighter than a real amp, by a long way. Compared to my AC30 the Axe is a feather.

Thanks Andrew, I saw that graph. Also the text that says "These processors are the most powerful DSPs available delivering over twice the performance of the DSPs used in our previous generation products."

I guess I was just wondering aloud if anyone had more background or specifics about these DSPs. I mean, if the Keystones are really that much more powerful, why was the Axe-FX using the TigerSHARCs?

Dang, that looks amazing! I gotta say though, I'm almost equally excited for these guys as well.

fc-series.jpg
Where is the info on the controllers? It looks like different blocks show different colors, but I dont think it would have a unique color for all 40 FX. How do you change channels on a drive\delay\etc block?

More about the problem with 3U.
One of the bigger reasons why I like the Axe FX over a traditional tube amp is the size in comparison to the amp it models.
If it's as big as a tube head, no points for that.

I'm sure it's smaller overall and definitely lighter than a tube amp but yeah, this new size truly sucks. It means that all rack cases need to be re-done, and they are quite large already. :(

I personally couldn't care less about the screen, although I understand that Helix kind of opened the Pandora's box, and it'll be a selling point for a lot of people.

On the wait list as well. My Axe-FX II has had a wonderful run and is in perfect condition. Looks brand new still with the plastic....... Hopefully it will go to a good home. :)

Back
Top Bottom