Powering ON/OFF

Is there any ventilation? Since there is a fan... I couldn't find any place unless I'm just missing it.
nope.. all the goodies are locked up tight, so there's no way for them to escape from this box!

Relax, relax... Cliff has already stated there is no special way to turn things on or off. Just turn it on or off, that's it...

Just plug in, turn it on, jam, then turn it off. Cliff has designed the Axe extremely well in every way.

Thanks Shotgunn... that is the answer I was looking for. Plug in and play... so to speak! :D

Shotgunn, the fan of choice for replacement is the SilenX. See this thread:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threa...IXP-34-16-12-8-and-FD-FAN-60?highlight=SilenX

A word of warning though... An Axe-Fx with a SilenX does NOT hold up well to UPS shipping, airline travel, or other rough handling. The fan itself can pop off of the motor, and this has happened to me. Easy enough to pop it back in, but word to the wise: if it sounds too silent to be true, it IS. Open it and fix it or you might cook your favorite goose.

Thanks for the internal photo...I have put an orange dot on the capacitors on the PCB, correct me if I am wrong. :geek
It's hard to tell from the picture, but those might be transistors or op-amps. Their shape is similar to the metal TO-5 package that's often used for small solid-state devices.

Is there any ventilation? Since there is a fan... I couldn't find any place unless I'm just missing it.
Nope, no ventilation. The fan's job is to help dissipate heat from the processor chip into the cabinet. The cabinet itself is big enough to do a good job of transferring those few watts of heat to the outside world.

Thanks, Matman. I've always been of the same opinion, perhaps more than most. :D

Now if I can just get enough people to recognize my rockingness and realize that yes, in fact, there is a charge for awesomeness, and that they should forward that amount to me through PayPal, I wouldn't need an actual job.

Back
Top Bottom