Post Your Rig!

Love this thread and all the rigs. Just finished my W/D/W rig. Still on the waiting list for an FC-12 in Oz. Sounds huge. Lots of configuration options to try with this hardware. Eg: in the dry signal I've currently got the Mesa 4x12 split in stereo with a AMP-1 left and AMP-2 right.Axe-FX-III-Full Rig-201903.jpg

This as a rack I made for my Axe FX II XL. It swivels and also tilts up. I play it through 2 Yamaha DXR 10's and and a Marshall TSL 602.View attachment 54282
Nice. This is similar to something I envisioned myself, but never got around to executing it. Selectable angles, wood frame...nicely done!

Last edited:
Nice. This is similar to something I envisioned myself, but never got around to executing it.selectsble angles, wood frame...nicely done!
Thank you, I had it in my head how I wanted it and had most of the wood and stuff in my garage. The assembly was a little trickier than I thought it would be trying to get everything perfectly square. It gave me a greater appreciation for people who build furniture. The swivel part comes in really handy for swapping cords around in the back.

Here's my rig. Friedman asc12, axe FX ii, rac12, preamp I built, rocktron all access, peterson tuner etc.

Attachments

• 20190510_224542.jpg
    20190510_224542.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 184
  • 20190510_224535.jpg
    20190510_224535.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 20190501_083821.jpg
    20190501_083821.jpg
    163.8 KB · Views: 170
Here's my rig. Friedman asc12, axe FX ii, rac12, preamp I built, rocktron all access, peterson tuner etc.

Holy mother of Chrome! o_O:confused::fearscream:

Did you use perf board for those relay controls? Words cannot express the horror and revulsion I feel for using perf board. If you did I bow to your superior soldering skills.

Actually, I used through hole pc board material. It allowed me to solder the relays in place and drill larger hokes for the wiring to go through. Then I soldered the wires to the relays. It's a really quiet preamp. No hum no buzz. Normal tube hiss for how much gain it has.

Holy mother of Chrome! o_O:confused::fearscream:

Did you use perf board for those relay controls? Words cannot express the horror and revulsion I feel for using perf board. If you did I bow to your superior soldering skills.

I notice if I go to my Friedmans from my CLR's I have to use the cut switch because the Friedmans are too bass heavy. Mine are the wedges though, do you use the cut switch on your Friedmans?
I have the wedge I keep at our rehearsal space and the cabs at home for gigging. I think I do have the cut switch engaged on all of them.

Scotts-Rig-01-2008.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg
What type of guitars are they?

Rocking it at national music day

Note that none of the tube amps were used lol, it was the other bands'

Just finished my Axe Fx III rig. Gotta say I'm pretty satisfied

Gear:

SKB 6u rolling rack:
  • Furman PL-PRO DMC E power conditioner
  • Matrix GT1000FX power amp into a Matrix CFR12 monitor
  • Shure QLXD4 wireless
  • Axe FX III
Pedaltrain Pro pedalboard:
  • Mission Engineering EP1-RJM x2
  • Mastermind GT22
Luckily I didn't have to remove the rubber feet on the GT or the expression pedals, they fit perfectly in the gaps of the board.

zVQ4UI8I.jpeg

In the back of the rack i have an RJM phantom power box, that provides midi signals and power to the GT22 through a 6 pin XLR cable. Everything is powered from the power conditioner, so that AXE FX, power amp, wireless and GT22 turns on by the press of only one button.

qVgIgVW6.jpeg

As for programming the GT22, i used the file user iaresee posted a while ago, and modified it quite a bit. The page setup is pretty similar, but tap tempo and tuner are combined in one button, and switching presets are done a bit differently. I want to have the tuner engage when the heel of exp. pedal 1 is down, and the toe switch (ext. ctrl. 3) is off, but i don't know how to make it happen. If anyone can help, I would be very grateful. Here are some screenshots and the file for those interested:

New Phototastic Collage.jpg

hi folks, this is my AX8 easy to gig setup :)

Usually I am playing with IEM - but wired ones - I am not trusting in wireless so much and neither want 2 bodypacks with me (guitar and IEM).
For this reason I use a 2 pair 5 meter long multicore cable with a 5pin XLR connector going to my bodypack and splitting into IEM and guitar outputs.
The small console helps me to control my IEM, I receive a monitor signal from the sound-guy going into channel 1. And here is the clue: my guitar is not in my monitor mix, instead I use output 2 to go directly into channel 3 and 4 of the console and to set the mix myself. Out 1 goes straight to FOH. "Tape in" I use for metronom sometimes. I use Out 2 global EQ to adjust the guitar sound to the IEM mix. In case I want to play loud I use DXR10 from the console main out and I can perfectly control volume from the console :) Ah, and not to forget, the USB driven gooseneck led-light, the usb power supply can also be used to charge tablets or cells - very handy :)
The pot is used to control reverb amount. Different venues different reverbs.

2019-08_My_AX8_Rig_cpr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom