Post Your Rig!

Changed my setup up a bit. Added a Friedman 4x12 cab so I now I have this setup going:

Friedman BE50 Deluxe is plugged into a Suhr Reactive load and then goes into the Axe FX via the 4 cable method. Output 1 goes into a Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 and then into the Friedman cab, so I can really crank that amp but still have complete control over my volume. Output 2 goes into my audio interface and out through my studio monitors.

This allows me to alternate being the Axe FX's various amp models, my Friedman, full range monitor speakers and a real guitar cab. I can also mix these all together which sounds immense!

CENnLps.jpg

Received an AX-8 for Christmas so I ordered a custom rig for it from the fine folks at Best-Tronics/BPTA.

The board and doghouse were made by Mental Case and BPTA added the patch panel, the pre-measured wiring and they drilled the holes for mounting the AX-8 and Mission Engineering SP-1 with screws (easier then dealing with Velcro). The Powercon AC input feeds the courtesy AC outlet which is for powering the Microsoft Surface tablet. The monitors are Xitone 10" with Matrix GM50 power modules.

I had the pedal board made to be 24.5" x 14.5" so it fits in my Mono gig bag.

When I received it all I had to do was mount the pedals, plug in the cables and I was ready to go.

IMG-6291.JPG

IMG-6310.JPG

IMG-6290.JPG

Great looking set up. Very clean look . Just curious What they charge for setting that up for you.
It was not cheap primarily because I had them mock up the layout so they could pre measure and route the cables for me. If I had done that work myself I could have saved a few bucks.

Last edited:
I'd be terrified of me or someone else spilling their beer inside this :O

My portable Axe Fx IIXL rig...
4U iPad friendly shockmount roller rack by Maytech Music Systems, (makers of the Dugyte Snake Cable) really tied the whole thing together. Grateful they were willing to make the case, (several case companies I'd contacted passed on it...)
The LF JR+, Axe Fx and iPad, (running Frac Pad and Bandhelper) are all MIDI synced so when I do a MIDI change on one the other two follow.

Vairish- that is one inviting looking music room... I don't think I'd ever want to leave. Nice job making the "man cave" actually look stylish and like something out of lifestyle magazine,

ShatteredSquare, is that rig in your sleep cab ? Pretty sweet setup man... probably not too many mobile Axe-Fx's III rigs on the open road.

I truly thought you were messing with me

here's a cute post

a_cute_acute_angle_photo_print-r8e4d403c67b641dbb3380f182bde6b9d_a0ib_8byvr_630.jpg

But what if I have more money than I do time and talent ?
:neutral:

...here's a rig pic from 2014 when i lived in a state of less-questionable obscurity (house), like people are supposed to

2ukm5q.jpg

2uksw7.jpg

2ukrzr.jpg

and here's some various pedal boards

Novo 32 ES-8 clown car...

2uknfz.jpg

1992 tool box...

2ukoln.jpg

Earthquaker Devices distortion sandbox...

2ukp5f.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom