Post Your Rig!

Front.jpg Back-1.jpg Back-2.jpg Amp.jpg Supply.jpg Schalter.jpg MFC-1.jpg MFC-2.jpg

We did a blind test between my Matrix 1000 FX and the S.M.S.L 160 (5 people, 2 soundtech) and “all” guys said, the little amp sounds better. More definition and dynamics, not much but really audible. And this little beast is f***ing loud, I cannot fully turn the amp on our stages we play.

The little beast costs only 120 Euro, weighs less than 1 kg and is very very small. I have it between the two Sennheiser InEar and guitar wireless and the backplane mounted on the top of the rack with double-sided tape and cable ties. Rack has only 3 HE, 9 mm plywood super strong and weighs about 17 kg total with both lids. The pictures are showing another amp under my desk (it’s the 120 Watt version) for my JBL monitors.

The backplane of the rack has a multipin-connector, 2 channels symmetric to FOH and two channels back for stereo InEar. You see the connector only with the breakout-cable but I have a 12 m 4 channel cable mounted at our side rack on stage. On stage I use one or two guitar-cabinets for shaking my trousers and my butt. You also can use FRFR cabinets but I don’t like them, I like real guitar cabs.

Furthermore I use a bluetooth midi adapter (wireless MIDI Interface mi.1) combined with my ipad and setlist maker and a modified wireless bluetooth switch. When I select a song in setlist maker the axe changes the sound via continuous controllers. When I want to change to lead or different sound, I can step the bluetooth switch (increment), I have mostly more than one sound in a song. Additionally I have a MFC so I can change effects on the fly or use a wah.

Here's mine.

The Fender Twin is no longer used. Will be purchasing an FRFR Cab solution soon.

The AXE FX loop sends to the pedals on the floor -

Lovetone Meatball
MXR Distortion +
Radial Hot British
Blackout Effectors VST
Zvex Super Duper
EHX Deluxe Memory Man

I like the Axe Drives but they don't quite do it for me when compared to the real pedals. The Memory Man has stayed for quick self oscillation access.

This rig gives me the best of a pedal / Axe combination.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    157.9 KB · Views: 106
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    244.8 KB · Views: 104
Main 'working place':
Studio2010Commander.jpg

Guitar workstation:
Studio2010Cubase.jpg
Is that the VB101? How do like the reactive loadbox function?

This is the best way to configure the axe for my live setup. I'll snap a photo next time I play and it will make sense.

Cheers!
Hi Arch, Here is a suggestion to consider. I have a very similar set up. Same case + 2 CLR's. BUT I added the 4U RackLegs from Eureka. They quickly screw in to the rear rack rails of the case. I keep one CLR in front of me and one behind me (both in floor monitor position) OR both side by side. When the RackLegs are attached to the 4U rack, they keep the 4U rack at the perfect angle to keep the CLR's right underneath it OR CLR's side by side together, because the legs fit underneath the CLR's so the rack almost looks like it is attached between both! Think the old tilt back Fender Bandmaster cab with the head attached at a angle! PLUS, it is VERY stable AND easy to read the AX display while standing. So you can see the the tuner on the floor display OR the Ax-FX. PLUS it looks very cool. Just sayin. Here is a link http://www.eurekasound.com/store

That's pretty cool! Digging the Vox'ish cloth on the lower half. What's hiding behind it? Some FRFR stuff?
I use a QSC K8...the vox thing is just a cool looking facade. the K8 is cool but a little heavy on the low end (60hz ish)...but it's really just for a little bit of stage volume, we run in-ears for our monitoring, so the amp is just for a little bit of look and feel

Hi guys,

Happy new year to you all.

Here's a pic my new rig I've been putting together over the holidays finally. Sounds really awesome with the Mark V 35. I tried it in rehearsals a couple of days ago and I couldn't be happier. A few bugs to work out like trying to avoid my guitar lead coming out of the Axe when I'm playing. To be fair it only happened once. How do you guys deal with this? Rack panel with a locking connector?

Just waiting for an RJM Rack Gizmo to turn up as I have a mini amp gizmo in the back of my rack at the moment but I can't see it or operate it on the fly plus I'm thinking of adding a couple of pedals at some point and the rack gizmo will take care of that.

Thanks to everyone who answered my question the last few weeks especially Chris for Axe FX Tutorials. Thanks Chris I wouldn't of been able to figure out the GT without your help.

Paul

This rig would be even sweeter if the boogie could run thru a reactive digital loadbox in the AxeFx then out to FOH on XLR.

Is that the really expensive cabinet simulation box underneath?
The Torpedo Studio is the one to get, or a Neve RNDI, a loadbox to dump the energy, and a great mic pre for the RNDI XLR out to an AxeFx II XL+, drop the amp sim block use IRs and effects to get your tone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom