Post Your Rig!

just a quick post of my new play area (no prizes for guessing what amps my axefx are modelled after:mrgreen):
setup03_zpsf3064731.jpg

which evolved from
Setup_July2012.jpg

which in turn evolved from
PBJul11_12.jpg

and no... it's not in the bathroom

These are a some pictures of my studio. I upgraded a bunch of gear since then including the Axe Fx 2 since last I took the pictures.

Attachments

• Studio3.jpg
    Studio3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Amps3.jpg
    Amps3.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 198
  • SSL x rack3.jpg
    SSL x rack3.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 178
  • Computer Rack3.jpg
    Computer Rack3.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 206
  • Cabs3.jpg
    Cabs3.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Guitars.jpg
    Guitars.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 238
  • MFC100.jpg
    MFC100.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Studio2b.jpg
    Studio2b.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 217
Here is my almost completed Axe Rack with the bulkhead plate for easy connection at home and church:
AxeII Rack Rear.JPGAxeII Rack Front2.JPGAxeII Rack Front.JPG

I still need to get some of those sticky back cable anchors to tidy things up a bit. I also bought a drawer for it, just to carry accessories, but ended up pulling it out cause it was way too heavy. My MFC is on a 32" Pedaltrain with two Ernie Ball volume pedals converted to expression pedals (I leave it LOCKED UP at church - for those of you who remember my previous MFC getting ripped off at church).

If I had it to do over, I'd probably go for a smaller rack for the Axe Fx. I just thought some day I might want to add an amp or whatever and would need the extra space, but after only a half dozen trips with it already I can see that it would have been worth it to to just buy bigger if that day ever comes.

Edit: I should add, the thinking behind the bulkhead plate is that I won't even bother taking the rear cover off most of the time.

Niiiiiiiiiiccccceeeee! Can you explain the signal path from beginning to end and how you use the heads and power amp? Like, do you have an amp switcher or Framptone or something?

Thanks

Really nothing special at all. I just run out of the FX-2 main outs to each return of the heads...bypassing the pre amp sections completely. The 1960bs are powered by the heads and the 1960As are powered by the rack Marshall. So 100 watts into each cab. My "lite' rig is just the rack and one cab. The best part of this setup is I basically have 3 rigs that can be split to different practice spaces for all my projects...but can transform into the mega rig if I feel dumb and want to haul it :)

Really nothing special at all. I just run out of the FX-2 main outs to each return of the heads...bypassing the pre amp sections completely. The 1960bs are powered by the heads and the 1960As are powered by the rack Marshall. So 100 watts into each cab. My "lite' rig is just the rack and one cab. The best part of this setup is I basically have 3 rigs that can be split to different practice spaces for all my projects...but can transform into the mega rig if I feel dumb and want to haul it :)

Where on earth can u actualy bomb this mega monster rig?

Here's the downsized rig for the Træben tour in Canada next week. Now I just hope that I don't get too much trouble getting the Axe on the plane..

Since my setup is quite simple I can get by with 2 presets and an expression pedal :)

Jens

What do you keep in your 2U rack drawer? I currently have one in my 6U SKB rolling rack along with my II and a 1U Monster Power, but that drawer even empty weighs 15 lbs! I load it with cables and it's well over 25 lbs. Just curious what other people are using their rack drawers for.

What do you keep in your 2U rack drawer? I currently have one in my 6U SKB rolling rack along with my II and a 1U Monster Power, but that drawer even empty weighs 15 lbs! I load it with cables and it's well over 25 lbs. Just curious what other people are using their rack drawers for.

I used to have a "normal" 3U one, but then I found the Adam Hall 87402A Rack Drawer made from aluminum! It weighs a fractal of the normal ones made out of steel.
In my drawer I keep my snake, guitar cable, fishman aura pedal, setlist, strings, picks, polishing cloth, and a few basic tools.

Back
Top Bottom