Post Your Rig!

Some pics taken at my last gig yesterday...
Note that I put some skateboard wheels under the flight case holding the Axe Fx, makes it easy to move and install, having only the top cover to remove. I plan to put a front pannel with the connexions to clean the outgoing cables.

Using the flight case vertically allows me quick access to the front pannel without having to find a table or carrying a stand for lying the rack on it. It also helps a lot when playing real small clubs with limited space for the musicians...

The orange Princeton belongs to my band mate, I run the Axe FOH.

P1110443.jpgP1110445.jpgP1110449.jpg

It replaced the following and more!

IMG_0122.jpgP1010845.jpg

Last edited:
Some pics taken at my last gig yesterday...
Note that I put some skateboard wheels under the flight case holding the Axe Fx, makes it easy to move and install, having only the top cover to remove. I plan to put a front pannel with the connexions to clean the outgoing cables.

Using the flight case vertically allows me quick access to the front pannel without having to find a table or carrying a stand for lying the rack on it. It also helps a lot when playing real small clubs with limited space for the musicians...

The orange Princeton belongs to my band mate, I run the Axe FOH.

View attachment 8971View attachment 8972View attachment 8973

Killer looking set of guitars there mate!

Liking the idea of the vertical flight case too - putting a rack on stage is a pain as u say, particularly on small stages. Is it stable enough that it can't be easily knocked over?

I can imagine a setup like that, with a patch panel in the same flight case, would be extremely practical.

Last edited:
Hi Toadfish!

Thanks for the nice answer!

The skate board wheels under the rack are not as stable as without and standing on a flat surface. But so easy to move from place to place... When I'm moving my gears I'm carefull that nobody touches this rack, and if I'm not right beside it I'll put it 90° on a side, so there's no way it can drop accidentally.

When I'm on stage it's the same, nobody's supposed to run across the stage and stumble on my rack. With all the lights and display it's visible from far away!
In fact it's not more sensitive than a guitar on a stand, if there's a lot of people comming on and off the stage you get the same risk that an instrument could fall...

Rule N°1: don't leave your pricey guitars or your Axe FX without an eye on it! Never!

At the last gig I was near a wall of the club, so I could put the flight case against it for protection.

It's the first time I bring 3 guitars on a gig, playing the Axe means no more amps to carry and more room for guitars!
;-)
The tele, strat and PRS are mine, the Duesenberg 12th, the Martin and the Gretsch belong to my bandmate Alan Graham. We play a duet in France called "Les Guitaristes". He's american from San Francisco and live in France for 10 years know...

I hope you appreciated the nice labels on my MFC, thanks for it!

Last edited:
It sounds like you've given it a lot of thought man - great setup.

And yes, great to see a shot of your MFC-101, thank you - I'm really pleased that you like them!
Sukh

It sounds like you've given it a lot of thought man - great setup.

And yes, great to see a shot of your MFC-101, thank you - I'm really pleased that you like them!
Sukh

Yes my MFC is even more eye catching now with your labels! It took about a month for the labels to travel to France, but I'm glad they weren't lost in the christmas chaos!

I'm always trying to keep things simple, neat, roadworthy and secure... I'm playing guitar for 36 years now and I can't stop thinking about music, guitars and gears!

Next step will be to build a front pannel for the connections. Lot of nice ideas and examples on this forum!

I LOVE the Marshall Logo on there...Hilarious!

Not sure if I posted this, so forgive me if its a dup. Using a K12 instead of the K8(still has the marshall plastic!). Using a reworked buddawah for pedal1-backwards(pedal down is low tone and vice versa), it just really agrees with me. No more velo beast. I put a magnum44 in the back and it was way louder than I need it to be! I dont miss the 18 pounds of that velo300. 44 Drives the 2x12 for the bass player to hear me, and the QSC is pretty much for me to hear me. Out1 to QSC and FOH, Out2 to 44 and 2x12. G30 wireless into the front of the A2, at least at the moment. I was using the back in this picture, but got tired of switching for home(no wireless) and away. Gold knobs, silver inserts on the lifeson now.

RIG.jpg

I'm wondering the same thing. Hopefully Scott looks over this thread again at some point.

Sorry I missed the question guys.

There was a question about the stand I am using in my home studio.

I use this: Amazon.com: Quik Lok BS-317BK Amp Stand: Musical Instruments have to flip it upside down; the rack actually sits against the center of it. I'd never use this on stage, but in my home studio it is fine.

Sorry I missed the question guys.

There was a question about the stand I am using in my home studio.

I use this: Amazon.com: Quik Lok BS-317BK Amp Stand: Musical Instruments have to flip it upside down; the rack actually sits against the center of it. I'd never use this on stage, but in my home studio it is fine.

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

So you wouldn't use it live as it isn't steady or because it's a bit of gear you don't want to lug around?

jamieosborn said:
Hey Scott,

Thanks for the reply.

So you wouldn't use it live as it isn't steady or because it's a bit of gear you don't want to lug around?

it is a little shaky upside down. I don't need access to the unit on stage.

MotherSea said:
Oh, duh. What is that road case for? Monitor(s)?

It's the case for my old Vetta II. I use it to get the axe off the floor and to fill out the stage a little. I was playing a festival where there were some large outside stages where the Axe was "too small."

Also, I sometimes use the Vetta's power section and speakers for on stage monitoring and feedback. I find the house monitors screw you sometimes as far as their ability to aid sustain.

Hey Paul -absolutely great setup - may I ask where did you buy the patch bay panel and jacks for the back of the unit? that's a great idea.....Very well done.

Im UK. the 1U is a pre drilled one for neutric D Type connectors. There are plenty about. Everything else was sourced in the UK from Studio Spares.

Home at Studiospares

Ive since fitted my AFX2 in its home - and also fitted a Powercon connector instead of having the lead hanging and took the change to swich things around a little - like moving the MFC input away from the USB one - just in case.

P1020690.jpg

P1020687.jpg

P1020688.jpg

P1020689.jpg

Back
Top Bottom