Post Your Rig!

January 2012 update:

Recording rig = performance rig for me.

Add USB cable in (for direct recording) and XLR into interface (for direct monitoring if necessary or desired).

Fractal Audio Axe-FX II
Fractal Audio MFC-101
Mission Engineering Expression pedals (X3) (All mounted on a Pedaltrain Pro Board)
RCF NX 12-SMA (powered monitor)

When I record, I use the studio NF monitors I have (Mackie 624/JBL 2310SP sub) and/or use the RCF. Usually I just use the RCF for fun at home; it's job is for direct monitoring on gigs.

Picture8.jpg

Photo on 2011-10-02 at 12.21 #2.jpgPhoto on 2011-10-02 at 12.20 #3.jpgPhoto on 2012-01-09 at 20.18.jpgPhoto on 2012-01-09 at 20.19 #2.jpg

My little bedroom rig. Still need to get that mfc 101 though :D

(sorry for the crappy photos)

Last edited:
Scott, what's the stand you have your rack in? I like the way it angles it up! And just curious, what's in the middle of the rack - between the Furman and the Axe?

January 2012 update:

Recording rig = performance rig for me.

Add USB cable in (for direct recording) and XLR into interface (for direct monitoring if necessary or desired).

Fractal Audio Axe-FX II
Fractal Audio MFC-101
Mission Engineering Expression pedals (X3) (All mounted on a Pedaltrain Pro Board)
RCF NX 12-SMA (powered monitor)

When I record, I use the studio NF monitors I have (Mackie 624/JBL 2310SP sub) and/or use the RCF. Usually I just use the RCF for fun at home; it's job is for direct monitoring on gigs.

Picture8.jpg

My AFX2 shipped yesterday - so the Standard will be replaced then.

P1020551.jpg

Rear of the Rack - note the velcro loops on the top 1U blank for securing the power cable in transit:

rackrear.jpg

Floorboard rear

board.jpg

And more velcro loops in the lids for 2 x guitar leads (one spare), a speaker cable (speakon - I modded my cab with a speakon socket rather than jack to match the amp better) and an Ethercon cable for the MFX/AFX2 run. also note the silent Jack on the guitar cable (all my guitar cables have them):

RackLids.jpg

I need to pay closer attention to which board I'm reading in Forum Runner

Last edited:
Floorboard rear

board.jpg

And more velcro loops in the lids for 2 x guitar leads (one spare), a speaker cable (speakon - I modded my cab with a speakon socket rather than jack to match the amp better) and an Ethercon cable for the MFX/AFX2 run. also note the silent Jack on the guitar cable (all my guitar cables have them):
Just ordered that same ethercon connector! I'm so paranoid about unconnecting and connecting 3-4 times a week.:eek::shock:ugeek

Not so much the MFC, but the J45 cable ends. Its the same cable, but the end is mounted in a Neutric barrel - like XLRs. they lock in the same way - using the metal barrel rather than the cheap plastic clips of J45s. Just makes the whole connector more rugged and it copes with continual pluggin/unplugging so much better.

Stock J45 ends wear so easily. Ive heard of peopl going through a cable or more a month with regulat gigging because the plastic locking mechanism on the J45 sockets breaks/wears.

Not so much the MFC, but the J45 cable ends. Its the same cable, but the end is mounted in a Neutric barrel - like XLRs. they lock in the same way - using the metal barrel rather than the cheap plastic clips of J45s. Just makes the whole connector more rugged and it copes with continual pluggin/unplugging so much better.

Stock J45 ends wear so easily. Ive heard of peopl going through a cable or more a month with regulat gigging because the plastic locking mechanism on the J45 sockets breaks/wears.

So let me get this right then you plug a normal RJ45 lead from the MFC to the ethercon box? then out to the axe fx 2? Is that correct? Are they custom cables you've made then?

Thanks

Paul

not quite. I have a small Ethercom/J45 Pass through Neutric connector on a patch pannel at the rear of my rack, and a small cable like the one on the board from that to the AFX2.

Ethercon cables are readily available, as are the Ethercon/J45 box's and Ethercon/J45 passthroughs.

not quite. I have a small Ethercom/J45 Pass through Neutric connector on a patch pannel at the rear of my rack, and a small cable like the one on the board from that to the AFX2.

Ethercon cables are readily available, as are the Ethercon/J45 box's and Ethercon/J45 passthroughs.

I gotcha so its just to make the connections a little more roadworthy. Seems like a good idea. You made the patch panel yourself? Saves messing around in the dark I suppose looking where to plug in lol

How do you like that Carvin? I already have the CTM6 and was thinking about the CS

Here's my non-AxeFx side of the room.

aftermaths.jpg

On top are a Strymon Bluesky Reverberator, THD Hot Plate and a Strymon dBucket Delay. 6505+ below that, and a TS808 on the floor. Fiddles are a KxK SC7, Carvin CS4 and an EBMM JP6. :)

Back
Top Bottom